Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 30-07-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226661)
actually, to a certain extent, that may not be true also. cause if the D person stays, then they do not need to find someone else to fill the quota

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226713)
I was thinking of quitting every day for 7 years. First 3 years didn’t dare to think because I didn’t have the money to pay the bond. Lol! Just waiting for something to push me off the cliff. Friends around me quit between 3 to 5 years. Very few lasted more than 1 did. Eventually, a parental complaint pushed me off.

Let's be honest here. Anyone who leaves, disappears or dies can be easily replaced anytime at a workplace.

But in a family or a group of close friends, do you think someone can be replaced easily?

Ultimately, we need to think about what is most important to us. Our mental and physical health, our family...We need those and they need us too.

And if a D grade is also involved now, would you feel that your time and effort at work has been appreciated by your superiors?

Unregistered 30-07-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226726)
What if you worked outside for a couple of years and your pay went up by quite a bit.

If that's the case, it might be treated more like a standard mid-career entrant then? Perhaps even more favourably?

Just guessing, though. I don't think such cases are that common, so less likely for misc forum readers to comment with confidence…

Unregistered 30-07-2022 02:24 PM

Open Posting

Hi all, just to check. I have applied for open posting 2 wk ago as a teacher. Any idea how long will it take for the school to respond to you?

Unregistered 30-07-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226772)
Hi all, just to check. I have applied for open posting 2 wk ago as a teacher. Any idea how long will it take for the school to respond to you?

Most people would have received their offers for OPE by now. If after 2 weeks and you still have not receive a call for interview, it’s likely that they already have chosen their candidate. Else, drop them an email. No harm.

Unregistered 30-07-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226772)

Should have applied earlier, candidates who apply earlier get their slots confirmed first

Unregistered 31-07-2022 01:06 PM

This teacher couple I know, every day eat fine dining. Drive mercedez. Is it normal

Unregistered 31-07-2022 01:23 PM

Anyone knows how to opt out of CDAC fund contribution?

Unregistered 31-07-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226872)
This teacher couple I know, every day eat fine dining. Drive mercedez. Is it normal

Mercedes A180 or C180 any teacher also can afford what. What talking you.

And if they have no kids and their parents got their own retirement $.. then they got all the money for themselves.

Teacher salary is not stupidly high, but it's not 'eat grass' low either.

Unregistered 31-07-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226885)
Anyone knows how to opt out of CDAC fund contribution?

Send email to HR. They are quite fast.

Unregistered 31-07-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226894)
Mercedes A180 or C180 any teacher also can afford what. What talking you.

And if they have no kids and their parents got their own retirement $.. then they got all the money for themselves.

Teacher salary is not stupidly high, but it's not 'eat grass' low either.

GLB leh. Ya no kids and all. Maybe that's why.
Can spend so much money.