Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-03-2020 05:36 PM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129928)
No such thing as doesn't allow. Most of the time it is a give and take situation. SLs would definitely like to know your intention behind the transfer and may even try to dissuade you or see how they can support you. It is never a nice thing to have people doing things behind your back.

If I were to let the SL know of the transfer, wouldn't I be allowing him or her to spread bad rumours about me to my new school before open posting ends?

Unregistered 11-03-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129952)
If I were to let the SL know of the transfer, wouldn't I be allowing him or her to spread bad rumours about me to my new school before open posting ends?

Your potential new school, the heads, SLs would have already asked from their contacts in your current school...

Unregistered 11-03-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Your new colleagues will know everything that your current colleagues and bosses will share about you - regardless of whether you let your SL know or not.

Why are you worried about "bad rumours" being spread? That phrase implies some untruth in the things that you think your SLs will say. Have you been regularly offending people?

Unregistered 11-03-2020 08:04 PM

My previous RO didnt mentioned anything about my performance, also my new RO now hasnt meet me yet.
Will transferring to a new school affect your current CEP? Because it is something like starting all over again..

How to survive in a school if your current school is super political?

Unregistered 11-03-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129976)
My previous RO didnt mentioned anything about my performance, also my new RO now hasnt meet me yet.
Will transferring to a new school affect your current CEP? Because it is something like starting all over again..

How to survive in a school if your current school is super political?

It will not be a case whereby you need to restart the entire thing. Your CEP follows you to your new school. But they might need some time to know you before deciding to raise your CEP if you have intention to move up the leadership/ teaching track.

Target setting should be done at the beginning of the year. Some...laid back ones will meet their JH in term 2.

Unregistered 11-03-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129947)
In my school, it is the SOP to withhold this information until PRP letters are out. Of course, indirect leaks always happen. It is easy enough to hint to the JH about their performance grade, because we don't pull stunts and catch people off guard. If they're doing good they know it, if they're doing not so good they also know it along the way.

This SOP is something that the KPs should challenge. How can one start a year afresh without having a closure to the previous? If JH were to ask you, you cannot keep the grade from him/her.

Unregistered 11-03-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

You think SLs are so free to go around spreading rumours about teachers? And if one is that infamous, people at the new school would have caught wind of it without the SLs sharing with one another.

Unregistered 11-03-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Sounds like its not rumour after all

Unregistered 11-03-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129983)
Sounds like its not rumour after all

You do know that even if you get selected by the new school, they will call up your current P to find out more about you?

Unregistered 12-03-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129987)
You do know that even if you get selected by the new school, they will call up your current P to find out more about you?

If my P doesn't want to allow me to transfer because of various reasons, then the P may choose not to give negative remarks am I right?