Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 19-07-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108980)
omg ILY! This just made my day.

However, as a polite gesture, you should inform your principal before you accept the offer. Otherwise, if your principal finds out about your posting only through HRMS notifications, it wouldn’t be nice. He/She might give you not so nice report and this might affect how your next boss sees you. All EOs have this personal file which are kept confidential by Principals. It’s a record of your work performance. When you move to your new posting, this file will also be sent to your new boss/principal.

Unregistered 20-07-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 (Post 108868)
Does this apply to other goverment sectors also? I have heard of a gundu case whereby a masters applicant had put in 3.5k as expected salary for an ICA position and he was offered as such. LOL.

Does anybody know how much can a male singaporean earn as a fresh untrained teacher during the PDGE teaching stint with the following resume - first class honors from NTU/NUS, with no work experience, completed NS.

honestly speaking, masters isn't a big deal, especially if the job description doesn't require one. that goondu could be applying for ICA senior officer (SO) post which at most requires a degree, so $3,500 isn't really unexpected...

as for your FCH PDGE question, most likely in the region of 3.3k to 4k monthly

ridhwan1820 21-07-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108990)
honestly speaking, masters isn't a big deal, especially if the job description doesn't require one. that goondu could be applying for ICA senior officer (SO) post which at most requires a degree, so $3,500 isn't really unexpected...

as for your FCH PDGE question, most likely in the region of 3.3k to 4k monthly

Ahh i see, i didnt know that they wouldn't pay a tad extra for people with masters. In that case, the market for post-graduates is really small. Unless the job specifically states that a post-grad degree is required, they wont be earning more than a fresh grad.

Im hoping to be offered 3.9K if i were to be selected for PGDE. I am a male with first class honors. I was told the PGDE program will begin with a teaching stint (6 months - 1 year), followed by the NIE course which focuses on the pegagogy aspect. Will i be offered an income raise one year into the program or will the amount remain fixed until i have graduated (out of the GEO2 untrainted teacher category)?

Unregistered 22-07-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 (Post 109019)
Ahh i see, i didnt know that they wouldn't pay a tad extra for people with masters. In that case, the market for post-graduates is really small. Unless the job specifically states that a post-grad degree is required, they wont be earning more than a fresh grad.

Im hoping to be offered 3.9K if i were to be selected for PGDE. I am a male with first class honors. I was told the PGDE program will begin with a teaching stint (6 months - 1 year), followed by the NIE course which focuses on the pegagogy aspect. Will i be offered an income raise one year into the program or will the amount remain fixed until i have graduated (out of the GEO2 untrainted teacher category)?

There will be an increment one year in from the date you join. Thereafter, another increment once you have completed your PGDE.

princess&thepopstar 23-07-2018 07:00 PM

application for MOE school counsellor (without training) July '18

Hiya,

anyone else here submitted the application for the above on Careers@gov? The application period closed in early July.

Just wondering how long it will take to hear from them? I'm checking my email everyday and so far, nothing yet!

Unregistered 23-07-2018 08:34 PM

PGDE Result

Anyone knows if and how your results from PGDE will affect your pay after graduating from NIE?

ridhwan1820 23-07-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess&thepopstar (Post 109057)
Hiya,

anyone else here submitted the application for the above on Careers@gov? The application period closed in early July.

Just wondering how long it will take to hear from them? I'm checking my email everyday and so far, nothing yet!

I think i may have applied for the earlier window, which ended in early june. I I received an email for an interview approximately 2 weeks after closing date. But i have heard from people in other forums mentioning a typical waiting time of 2-5 weeks.

can we all update each other here on this thread if we get notified for an interview date or interview outcome? I went for an interview on the 17th of july. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also i am a bit confused because one of the documents i had signed during interview date actually mentioned that i could be starting dec 2018. But isint december a school holiday!??

Unregistered 24-07-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 (Post 109064)
I think i may have applied for the earlier window, which ended in early june. I I received an email for an interview approximately 2 weeks after closing date. But i have heard from people in other forums mentioning a typical waiting time of 2-5 weeks.

can we all update each other here on this thread if we get notified for an interview date or interview outcome? I went for an interview on the 17th of july. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also i am a bit confused because one of the documents i had signed during interview date actually mentioned that i could be starting dec 2018. But isint december a school holiday!??

usually starting 3rd or 4th week of Dec 2018. So if started, you will be entitled this year end bonus as well. Wish you all the best

ridhwan1820 24-07-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109081)
usually starting 3rd or 4th week of Dec 2018. So if started, you will be entitled this year end bonus as well. Wish you all the best

Thanks for well-wishes. I don't have much confidence of getting it though. At the current job climate, with so many graduates coming in, it is very hard to get a good-paying job. But im truly banking on this teaching position because teaching is my main passion.

I have applied over 20 job positions on the government portal, and i have been rejected for about half of them so far (not even shortlisted for an interview). And im a FCH from NTU, with a near perfect score. I seriously have no idea why its so hard for me to get a decent job.

all the best to everyone here as well.

princess&thepopstar 24-07-2018 05:26 PM

Wish you all the best, Ridhwan. I'm not heard anything yet. Yep, let's update each other on our progress.