Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-02-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240370)
it only started this month? maybe promoted liao but u not informed yet

Dang made me excited for a second there...

Unregistered 14-02-2023 10:13 PM

My payslip has never shown me my subgrade (workpal -> pay related info)

Unregistered 17-02-2023 01:24 PM

Jb trip

Hi all, anyone has experience not declaring permission to leave state in HRP or workpal but went over to jb for 2 days 1 night trip? Is it alright?

Unregistered 17-02-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240541)
Hi all, anyone has experience not declaring permission to leave state in HRP or workpal but went over to jb for 2 days 1 night trip? Is it alright?

When? If weekend no need to declare.

Unregistered 17-02-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

2D1N JB weekend no need to have official PTLS, but it is common to just drop a courtesy note to your RO (or AM/VPA, depending on the school's SOP) about it for contact tracing purposes. I'm not talking about covid contact tracing, I mean in case there are exigencies of service and the school needs to know the whereabouts of the staff.

Unregistered 17-02-2023 11:15 PM

Nobody cares .. . . .

Unregistered 17-02-2023 11:58 PM

Quote:

Officers only need to apply for permission only if they travel on work days (mon-fri, including school holidays).

For travels on PHs and weekends, permission for overseas is no longer required.

Also, there is no need to apply for anything if you are are just going to JB.

The permission to travel overseas only applies to places beyond JB town.

Unregistered 18-02-2023 12:36 PM

has anyone switched over to work in ITE or poly before?

able to provide some advice or info on these aspects?

annual compensation
workload and working hours
leave and benefits

Unregistered 19-02-2023 09:12 PM

Mid-career switch

Hi, can anyone advise on the possible salary if one were to do a mid career switch (from education related industry) for the untrained teaching position? Is it kept strictly to the range stated on MOE website? Or would they also consider our last drawn? Thanks in advance for your help!

Unregistered 20-02-2023 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240686)
Hi, can anyone advise on the possible salary if one were to do a mid career switch (from education related industry) for the untrained teaching position? Is it kept strictly to the range stated on MOE website? Or would they also consider our last drawn? Thanks in advance for your help!

You will start from the lowest paygrade like any fresh hires.

However for midcareers, your pay would most likely be at the upper limit of the oay bracket. They will try to accelerate your progression, to try close the gap between you and officers in your age group.