Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123423)
Can anyone share how long a warning letter delays your promotion? I’m a consistent B-grader (C+ the year after warning letter), but my promotion is delayed.

Looking back, I should have fought against the letter as it the result of something taken out of context.

Fought against the letter?? Then the consequences would be more dire..

This is civil service... Use what to fight where it was found out that you were indeed moonlighting.

Moonlighting aside, you were teaching in a group tuition centre as well..

Unregistered 17-09-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123434)
Fought against the letter?? Then the consequences would be more dire..

This is civil service... Use what to fight where it was found out that you were indeed moonlighting.

Moonlighting aside, you were teaching in a group tuition centre as well..

erm that was not posted by me.. separate person lah lol

Unregistered 18-09-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123423)
Can anyone share how long a warning letter delays your promotion? I’m a consistent B-grader (C+ the year after warning letter), but my promotion is delayed.

Looking back, I should have fought against the letter as it the result of something taken out of context.

In the first place, there is no hard and fast rule saying when one is going to be promoted (except for the cohort promotion). It doesn't mean that you get B for x number of years and you will definitely be promoted. Promotion depends on CEP too.

I have colleagues who get Bs every year but isn't a KP/ST. The max they can go to is GEO 5. That makes the Geo 4 to 5 a long wait.

My advice is...do your job well. When it comes, it comes. Promotion doesn't add a lot to the monthly salary anyway, and it means more work and if you don't meet the KRA, your appraisal is going to suffer

Unregistered 20-09-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123520)
In the first place, there is no hard and fast rule saying when one is going to be promoted (except for the cohort promotion). It doesn't mean that you get B for x number of years and you will definitely be promoted. Promotion depends on CEP too.

I have colleagues who get Bs every year but isn't a KP/ST. The max they can go to is GEO 5. That makes the Geo 4 to 5 a long wait.

My advice is...do your job well. When it comes, it comes. Promotion doesn't add a lot to the monthly salary anyway, and it means more work and if you don't meet the KRA, your appraisal is going to suffer

My advice is you must be chio girl then be teacher. Wear short skirt go class let students enjoy your body. They will surely do well in your subjects! In this way koi sure hit. And confirm yearly promotion. The teachers here confirm is ugly type that’s why cannot promote.

Unregistered 20-09-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123520)

Thank you, I greatly appreciate the pragmatic advice!

Unregistered 01-10-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122152)
Doing some financial planning...

Given that the MI for C+ and C are the same for GEO3 and GEO4, would the same apply to GEO5?

Geo2
C-:
C:
C+:$60 (prorated)
B:
A:

Geo3
C-:
C: 175
C+: $175- $176
B: $210-$211
A:

Geo4
C-:
C: $192
C+: $192
B: $259- $260
A: $325

Geo5
C-:
C:
C+: $205.20-$216
B: $236
A:

Seo1
C-:
C: $305
C+:
B:
A: 498

Seo2
C-:
C:
C+:
B:
A:

Seo3
C-:
C:
C+:
B:
A

Hi, so just to confirm...if I have been a GEO3 this year, does this mean that if I get an average C grade next year, there will be $175 of annual (merit) increment?

Unregistered 01-10-2019 04:15 PM

I'd treat those figures as a right indication, rather than an actual estimate. I believe your current salary point will likely play a part in this as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123784)
Hi, so just to confirm...if I have been a GEO3 this year, does this mean that if I get an average C grade next year, there will be $175 of annual (merit) increment?

Unregistered 05-10-2019 04:50 PM

If i am at ceiling at Geo 3 and promoted next year... do i get promotion and merit increment or just 1 of them?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123867)
If i am at ceiling at Geo 3 and promoted next year... do i get promotion and merit increment or just 1 of them?

You get both, but the merit increment will be a much smaller one than usual.

Unregistered 14-10-2019 09:54 PM

Yearly Increment

Hi, may I ask what's the rough % yearly increment for GEO 3 officers? I understand that as one climbs up the rank, the % reduces. I remember GEO 2 was like 4-5%.