Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-09-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123294)
Likely tea session with the school leader to share the reasons that led to the situation that you are in.

But will get dismissal or anything?

Unregistered 12-09-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123305)
I've been giving tuition on the sideline for 3 years now. What happens if I'm found out? Just wondering.

Giving tuition ok what. But if you are doing national exam invigilation duty, you must declare if you are teaching grad class student. To prevent conflict of interest

Unregistered 12-09-2019 10:27 PM

Touching on financial embarrassment. Anyone can tell when did the ministry put a cap of 3 months salary for unsecured loans, has it always been there or it is only a recent thing?

Unregistered 13-09-2019 10:29 PM

Pls. If you think PAM teachers are easy. You go teach loh
40 teaching periods plus those meetings assembly doing lesson plans or events. Is no joke too
And yes ur office may have ppl keep saying, AIYA YOU PAM CAN LEAVE 2PM. Not exactly true when u are a FT and core CCA. Then when you stay back, ppl will say. STAY FOR WHAT

Unregistered 13-09-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123335)
40 teaching periods plus those meetings assembly doing lesson plans or events. Is no joke too
And yes ur office may have ppl keep saying, AIYA YOU PAM CAN LEAVE 2PM. Not exactly true when u are a FT and core CCA. Then when you stay back, ppl will say. STAY FOR WHAT

Err... Everyone is a FT and has a core CCA. Lesson planning, every EMS teachers also has it.

Aiya, PAM teachers are really easy. Not I say one, but my buddy said one.. XD

Unregistered 13-09-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123311)
Touching on financial embarrassment. Anyone can tell when did the ministry put a cap of 3 months salary for unsecured loans, has it always been there or it is only a recent thing?

It has been there for a long time. Ignorance is no excuse.

Unregistered 13-09-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123335)

PAM need to set paper, need to mark PE scripts?

Unregistered 14-09-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123340)
PAM need to set paper, need to mark PE scripts?

PAM zero consultation when exam period nears

Unregistered 14-09-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123305)
I've been giving tuition on the sideline for 3 years now. What happens if I'm found out? Just wondering.

Guidelines were shared during this year's ethos session. It depends on how "vigorous" you have been trying to earn money via this route, and teaching at a tuition centre is a no go since you are considered to work for another company.

Unregistered 14-09-2019 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123345)
Guidelines were shared during this year's ethos session. It depends on how "vigorous" you have been trying to earn money via this route, and teaching at a tuition centre is a no go since you are considered to work for another company.

The guidelines are not more than 6 hours a week and you must seek permission. Ultimately, it also depends on how the school wants to deem it.

But to be honest, I am so tired that after I am done in school, I just want to go home to rest.. No time and energy for such things.

So I am not surprised if some school leaders would come down hard on teachers if they were found out having tuition on the side lines without declaring..