Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 21-08-2013 12:15 PM

Wooo

10kkkkkkkk

jjonghae 26-08-2013 09:33 AM

i went for psychometric test mid july, and didnt receive any news at all. made me so anxious.
my fren who went got rejected 1 week after she did the test.

so i emailed the hr person and asked if i'm shortlisted. she replied damn fast and told me that there are no suitable vacancy for me at the moment, but they will keep my application in view for other positions.

is this good news or bad news ah?

Unregistered 29-08-2013 05:55 PM

Can tell us what post you've applied for? I've just checked its website and found many positions available!

Unregistered 01-09-2013 03:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying for an executive level position and have relevant work experience (2-3 years). Currently getting around 4.7, but wondering how much should I be asking from MINDEF. Also, roughly what kinda DXgrade I should negotiate for since I am also looking for more leadership responsibilities. I heard the entry was DX9b?

Unregistered 01-09-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41873)
Hi all,

I'm trying for an executive level position and have relevant work experience (2-3 years). Currently getting around 4.7, but wondering how much should I be asking from MINDEF. Also, roughly what kinda DXgrade I should negotiate for since I am also looking for more leadership responsibilities. I heard the entry was DX9b?

Depends on your paper qualifications. Local degree is DX9. DX grades are non-negotiable. You will be placed on the graduate path if you are a graduate. They will not instantly up you to a higher DX grade. Especially not with only 2-3 years exp. DX9 dont earn close to 4.7k. Depending on their job scopes, DX9 are closer to 3.5k-4k. Do note that public sector dont pay as much as private sector. 2-3 years doesnt warrant enough experience to receive a higher grade.

Unregistered 02-09-2013 12:28 PM

Hi! just wondering, anyone here went for the psychometric test in mid Aug and got news about getting shortlisted for interview or not already?

cheong88 02-09-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41892)
Depends on your paper qualifications. Local degree is DX9. DX grades are non-negotiable. You will be placed on the graduate path if you are a graduate. They will not instantly up you to a higher DX grade. Especially not with only 2-3 years exp. DX9 dont earn close to 4.7k. Depending on their job scopes, DX9 are closer to 3.5k-4k. Do note that public sector dont pay as much as private sector. 2-3 years doesnt warrant enough experience to receive a higher grade.

But i do suppose that those who were regulars and now DX9 earn more than the $3.5-4k?

Unregistered 03-09-2013 09:25 AM

Offered something else

What does it means when they sent an email to say that I am not further shortlisted for the position I applied, but they got other posts and asked if I am interested? Hmmm.

Unregistered 03-09-2013 11:33 AM

I applied for two positions in DXO. But I got an email for HR, telling me I am not short listed. What I want to know is, I am not short listed for both positions or just one if the positions? Will they send two times to inform you? Please do tell. Thanks a lot

Unregistered 03-09-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41938)
What does it means when they sent an email to say that I am not further shortlisted for the position I applied, but they got other posts and asked if I am interested? Hmmm.

Hi! When did you take the psychometric test?

Unregistered 03-09-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41959)
Hi! When did you take the psychometric test?

I took the test at the end of july and they took 1mth to reply. Haha~

Unregistered 03-09-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41969)
I took the test at the end of july and they took 1mth to reply. Haha~

I was wondering if it is the norm for that long wait time - 1 month! Imagine the anxiety!

haiz2006 04-09-2013 02:32 PM

Mid aug assessment.
Now I got interview next week

Unregistered 08-09-2013 10:15 AM

Anyone knows if MINDEF contributes to our CPF on top of our own monthly CPF contribution?

Unregistered 09-09-2013 06:24 AM

Dxo

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz2006 (Post 42008)
Mid aug assessment.
Now I got interview next week

any1 who work as DXO will really relac huan shake leg collect pay every month on the 10th.DXO1/2/3/4 is mostly those N or O level peeple never think properly first but hor join this job but the pay so low like mayb $1300 every month.they are normally those admin gers huan.work 26 days every month, sat & sun off then still got bonus.most of these gers think they hit the bigtime but hor i think they quite silly.they waste their youth cos they join when they are 19-20 then 10 years just go by like that then confirm very hard to change their mindset to leave the service cos they are very comfortable never do anything still got money every month.the smart huans are those hor who join DXO 1/2/3/4 but hor go for night class to do their degree then after they graduate they find better job.if you ask me most gers i see rot there then most probably marry those regulars who posted on shore duty huan.life quite miserable cos sometimes will end up divorce then come back to square 1.

DXO 6/7 is those uniform personnel last time huan then hor convert to non-uniform staff.the pay ish about $3000. DXO 8/9/10 is those got degree one.NUS degree pay very high.most DXO8/9/10 I know hor every year go holiday a few times huan.DXO 8/9/10 always mix with the officers huan.

so long story short don't gong gong join DXO 1/2/3/4.DXO 8/9/10 the pay ish very high huan.your life will be very good.

Unregistered 09-09-2013 11:04 PM

This is a FAQ ! Let's keep it that way and give due respect to others' choice!

Unregistered 11-09-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41892)

Thanks for the advice. I graduated from NUS and had worked in a stat board. The role in MINDEF i applied for is similar to what I did in the stat board, and there are a lot of transferable skill sets. Just wondering if they would take that into account when they assess the grade and remuneration package.

Unregistered 12-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjonghae (Post 41620)
i went for psychometric test mid july, and didnt receive any news at all. made me so anxious.
my fren who went got rejected 1 week after she did the test.

so i emailed the hr person and asked if i'm shortlisted. she replied damn fast and told me that there are no suitable vacancy for me at the moment, but they will keep my application in view for other positions.

is this good news or bad news ah?

So in this case .. Is it their diplomatic way of rejecting the applicant or are they really keeping the application in view but then for how long? Any idea any experience ones here? Thanks!

jobhunter1234 13-09-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42321)
So in this case .. Is it their diplomatic way of rejecting the applicant or are they really keeping the application in view but then for how long? Any idea any experience ones here? Thanks!

I not too sure. But I went for one interview with a statboard and after the third interview they told me no vacancy for the position that I applied for and will keep my application till suitable openings are vacant.

Unregistered 16-09-2013 06:24 PM

Hi all, I was the one who didn't do the last 15 questions for the first test. I was called up by the HR to ask if I was still interested in the position last week. Then they sent me an email asking me to go down for interview. From what I gathered, there were a few who went down for interview and then were informed about their work location. For me, I was allocated to one according to the email leh.

Also, I don't remember doing the test on computer. It was all written tests. Why u all keep saying is computer test? <:(

velvetlove 17-09-2013 03:19 PM

Interview

Hi anyone knows what to expect at the panel interview?
Other than the usual questions asked ?

Applied for a position in HR.

Thanks!!

Unregistered 18-09-2013 04:52 PM

velvetlove when is ur interview?

Unregistered 21-09-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42321)

Usually when they reject, they sound more like, "We regret to inform you... you have not been shortlisted for the position.... Wish you all the best..."

Unregistered 26-09-2013 01:47 PM

Hi, I have just got shortlisted for an interview for the post of Technical Officer. Anyone who has tried to applied for this post or is currently working in this post?
Applied on 7 Aug, shortlisted for psychometric test on 12 Aug, took psychometric test on 16 Aug.

tiffany 27-09-2013 09:40 AM

Just gone for second interview yesterday in the afternoon. Applied for the role of HR. The interview wasn't difficult. The first qn was "tell me about yourself". I also stated my preference in the working location as there were hiring managers from two separate bases. Then they asked why. Also talked briefly about my past working experience albeit no relations to hr at all.

I guess, u just gotta be yourself. The interview is actually less intimidating than some other private companies that I've been to. The hiring managers are really nice people.

Btw there's also a written test before the interview. It's for the hiring managers to understand more about you...so it's not really a test I think.

Anyway, this morning at 9am I received a call to ask me go down for site visit on 4 October.

Does anyone know if it'll be a solo thing or will I be in a group?

Unregistered 27-09-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany (Post 42995)
Just gone for second interview yesterday in the afternoon. Applied for the role of HR. The interview wasn't difficult. The first qn was "tell me about yourself". I also stated my preference in the working location as there were hiring managers from two separate bases. Then they asked why. Also talked briefly about my past working experience albeit no relations to hr at all.

I guess, u just gotta be yourself. The interview is actually less intimidating than some other private companies that I've been to. The hiring managers are really nice people.

Btw there's also a written test before the interview. It's for the hiring managers to understand more about you...so it's not really a test I think.

Anyway, this morning at 9am I received a call to ask me go down for site visit on 4 October.

Hi,

In your case, you had 2 interviews before you were called up for the site preview? I also have a written test prior to the interview so I would like to know if this written test is just basically describing about yourself and not asking anything in relevance to the job post that you applied for?

Unregistered 27-09-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany (Post 42995)

Oh Tats good. which base are you visiting?

Unregistered 27-09-2013 06:28 PM

Non-Camera Phone

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me which non-camera phone is good to buy?

Although I know MINDEF have allow some camp to have camera phone but I department I am working with cannot allow camera phone.

I will be very thankful if any kind soul could share here.

Thanks!

Unregistered 28-09-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43007)
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me which non-camera phone is good to buy?

Although I know MINDEF have allow some camp to have camera phone but I department I am working with cannot allow camera phone.

I will be very thankful if any kind soul could share here.

Thanks!

iNO Handphone

Unregistered 29-09-2013 04:54 AM

Hi guys, really in a dilemma right now, so I would really appreciate it if anyone experienced can share his/her views.

I graduated from uni around 4 months ago (2nd lower).

Been looking for jobs while working freelance for a magazine firm. I have been offered a perm position at the mag firm, but the starting salary is 2.5k. At the same time, I have been called up to attend a first round interview for the position of Research Officer.

Does anyone roughly know the job scope, interview requirements for this posting? Not entirely sure whether I should try out for the interview. I did consider signing the offer at the mag firm, and have been pressed to do so. I feel like giving in because it's been 4 months since I have grad, and it sucks to be at home not doing anything.

At the same time, the stability and high starting salary of the DXO posting really speaks out to me.

Is the job itself mind-numbing? From the first interview to signing of offer (assuming one does get through), how long does the entire procedure take?

Unregistered 29-09-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43058)
Hi guys, really in a dilemma right now, so I would really appreciate it if anyone experienced can share his/her views.

I graduated from uni around 4 months ago (2nd lower).

Been looking for jobs while working freelance for a magazine firm. I have been offered a perm position at the mag firm, but the starting salary is 2.5k. At the same time, I have been called up to attend a first round interview for the position of Research Officer.

Does anyone roughly know the job scope, interview requirements for this posting? Not entirely sure whether I should try out for the interview. I did consider signing the offer at the mag firm, and have been pressed to do so. I feel like giving in because it's been 4 months since I have grad, and it sucks to be at home not doing anything.

At the same time, the stability and high starting salary of the DXO posting really speaks out to me.

Is the job itself mind-numbing? From the first interview to signing of offer (assuming one does get through), how long does the entire procedure take?

If im not mistaken, you will be paid at least 3.2k for second lower.
The whole process will take at least 2 months. So just try out for the interview.

Unregistered 29-09-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43065)
If im not mistaken, you will be paid at least 3.2k for second lower.
The whole process will take at least 2 months. So just try out for the interview.

Okay... I think I will. But anyway what does one need to prepare for the interview? Because the specifics of my job scope will only be released in the interview, so I'm not sure how I shld prepare for it.

tiffany 01-10-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43000)
Oh Tats good. which base are you visiting?

At Changi.

But I'm facing another dilemma. I'm offered a banking role at DBS. SHOULD I CONTINUE WITH MINDEF!?!

jobhunter1234 01-10-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany (Post 43182)
At Changi.

But I'm facing another dilemma. I'm offered a banking role at DBS. SHOULD I CONTINUE WITH MINDEF!?!

Care to share what type of banking role? Actually not all banking roles are good, just that ppl might feel good working for banks that's all.

jobhunter1234 02-10-2013 11:07 AM

Anyone doing logistics in Mindef? Is the skill transferable to private sector in the future? What sorta system/software do they use? SAP?

Unregistered 02-10-2013 11:25 AM

Okay, I will be going for DXO interview on Friday (Research Officer). Anyone has any advice regarding the sort of questions I might be asked? Don't wanna get caught off guard!

tiffany 04-10-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 43188)
Care to share what type of banking role? Actually not all banking roles are good, just that ppl might feel good working for banks that's all.

It's commercial loans actually. Anyway, I rejected dbs. Im gonna be in dxo! Now they r gonna clear me on security and medical checks.

Just a refresher: I applied for dxo HR in late june. Got called to go for psychometric test about 1.5weeks later. Then they informed me abt panel interview 5 weeks after the test. Got called up the next morning to arrange for site preview. Offered on the day itself.

Unregistered 05-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany (Post 43387)
It's commercial loans actually. Anyway, I rejected dbs. Im gonna be in dxo! Now they r gonna clear me on security and medical checks.

Just a refresher: I applied for dxo HR in late june. Got called to go for psychometric test about 1.5weeks later. Then they informed me abt panel interview 5 weeks after the test. Got called up the next morning to arrange for site preview. Offered on the day itself.

hey which camp? SAF camp or Airforce camp? if its SAF is it a "S" camp?

Unregistered 11-10-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41472)
I received an email asking me to go for the phsychometric test and I've reverted back to the mentioned personnel stated in the email. I'm a mid career and I think I like the MINDEF job very well eversince I'm out of the RSAF since 2011.

I've the following experiences :
10 Yrs in RSAF regular (Diploma)
Graduated with 2nd Upper, NTU in 2010 and ORD in 2011
A*STAR for 15 months and stats board (11 months)

In total, I've more than 10 years experiences, be it in Diploma level and Graduate level. Can you advise of the possible pay and the grade that I will be getting?

Any kind soup able to answer the queries for this post? I'm having a similar situation with him and is curious too on his questions posted.

Thx in advance!

Unregistered 14-10-2013 07:52 AM

Mindef Social Media

Anyone from mindef social media team? Got a called up from them for the post. Thanks