Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 20-10-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187210)
Has anyone else received a call for intv from SID? After the 2nd test has been completed.

May I know when did you have your tests?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 10:59 AM

What is the rough package for a female uni grad with about 4 YOE in MINDEF, say non scholar track with 2nd upper local degree?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187464)
What is the rough package for a female uni grad with about 4 YOE in MINDEF, say non scholar track with 2nd upper local degree?

Probably 5k

Unregistered 22-10-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187482)
Probably 5k

Wow not bad leh can jiak liao bee and collect fat pension

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186731)
There is a number starting with 6 but you can’t call back

There’s no +65

Can’t call back as in can’t dial through?

Unregistered 25-10-2021 09:17 AM

I did my test on 31 Aug and have yet to receive any follow up

Unregistered 25-10-2021 10:55 AM

Has anyone gotten a verbal offer from sid

Unregistered 25-10-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185813)
No news is good news. It very much depends which batch of application you fall under. Wish you all the best!

What are the odds of still being in the running for the position after waiting for quite long (say 2-3 months from last test) without getting any (rejection) replies?

Unregistered 25-10-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187894)
What are the odds of still being in the running for the position after waiting for quite long (say 2-3 months from last test) without getting any (rejection) replies?

If rejected they will let you know

Unregistered 26-10-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187974)
If rejected they will let you know

Ermm..That's like telling if it rains, water will start filling up the pond.. Anyway that's good to know, thanks!

Unregistered 26-10-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188031)
Ermm..That's like telling if it rains, water will start filling up the pond.. Anyway that's good to know, thanks!

Dont worry too much, if u get other job n in the end u also get SID/MINDEF, can still give 24hrs notice during probationary period.

To all, please move on as per normal. If its meant to be its meant to be, just know u did ur best.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188076)
Dont worry too much, if u get other job n in the end u also get SID/MINDEF, can still give 24hrs notice during probationary period.

To all, please move on as per normal. If its meant to be its meant to be, just know u did ur best.

At least 8 months to hire imo.

Security clearance gonna be at least 6 months

Unregistered 28-10-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188186)
At least 8 months to hire imo.

Security clearance gonna be at least 6 months

Hi thanks for the heads up, but are you very positive about this? Haha.. Coz 8mths to hire is quite a long time. This might not matter so much for candidates who are just "trying their luck" but for those sincere/genuine candidates, this is surely going to put them in an ambivalent state of mind even as they pursue and engage themselves in other career paths during this period of time. Not an easy thing to go through from a psychological standpoint.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188253)
Hi thanks for the heads up, but are you very positive about this? Haha.. Coz 8mths to hire is quite a long time. This might not matter so much for candidates who are just "trying their luck" but for those sincere/genuine candidates, this is surely going to put them in an ambivalent state of mind even as they pursue and engage themselves in other career paths during this period of time. Not an easy thing to go through from a psychological standpoint.

I think there is a good chance it would be close to 8 months.. may I ask if you applied for the job?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188253)

As u go through ur years in life, ull come across many people who are genuinely sincere and passionate about something but never get into the industry or job or company.

Ull learn to accept it as part n parcel and keep exploring the options u have n just keep trying at many different options ur sincere and genuine about.

Many youngsters who are new in searching for what they want to do in life will face what ur facing, but u simply cant keep urself rigid in one path. Dont torture urself and hope genuine and sincerity will land u into the job, its more of luck n destiny.

Like i said, move on and detach urself from this, if its meant to be it will be.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 08:01 AM

s://sg.news.yahoo.com/harry-birtwistle-father-son-never-wanted-renounce-citizenship-skip-ns-140123915.html

Harry Birtwistle it is not your crime that you are borned into a life of slavery. Time for NS to be abolished for good and the billions saved annually to fund more deserving ministries. Underpaid slavery for 2 years and 10 cycles, and what do you get in return?

2 years of your life gone compared to FTs, high chance of physical injury, your mental health suffers, your lifestyle in camp is almost no different from prisoners, if you got girlfriend,might as well say goodbye to her.

What benefits do you even get?? Average Singaporean male can't even apply for BTO until 35 years old. Your only lodging is the in-camp bunk until you 40+. FTs come in take your jobs and don't pay any less tax than you while you are in camp protecting them.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188495)
s://sg.news.yahoo.com/harry-birtwistle-father-son-never-wanted-renounce-citizenship-skip-ns-140123915.html

Harry Birtwistle it is not your crime that you are borned into a life of slavery. Time for NS to be abolished for good and the billions saved annually to fund more deserving ministries. Underpaid slavery for 2 years and 10 cycles, and what do you get in return?

2 years of your life gone compared to FTs, high chance of physical injury, your mental health suffers, your lifestyle in camp is almost no different from prisoners, if you got girlfriend,might as well say goodbye to her.

What benefits do you even get?? Average Singaporean male can't even apply for BTO until 35 years old. Your only lodging is the in-camp bunk until you 40+. FTs come in take your jobs and don't pay any less tax than you while you are in camp protecting them.

Shut the **** up cunt. Go back to your 3rd world country

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188495)

please express them at EDMW, not here. and im merely being diplomatic.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:02 PM

Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188730)
Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!

hey congratulations! may i know what post did u applied for?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Lanjiao la. They won’t offer without your security clearance

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?

Unregistered 01-11-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188745)
How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?

Talk cock la he 😂

Unregistered 02-11-2021 01:00 PM

Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year

Unregistered 07-11-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188882)
Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year

If you join after sep/oct, default is Z (which is C eqv cause we use band 1,2,3 etc). Potentially better than someone who join in july/aug and may get C-.

One of my colleagues kena before, few days before the cut off and then sad. Lesser bonus quantum than Z.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 02:55 PM

General sharing of recent application

Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189324)
Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.

Don’t bother joining CS with 16 years of experience. They will never offer you above AD.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 04:54 PM

the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?

Unregistered 07-11-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189337)
the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?

Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189338)
Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.

Lol, must be his first job.

Unregistered 09-11-2021 03:58 PM

Anyone heard back from SID? After the psychometric test?

Unregistered 10-11-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189509)

When did you do your test?

Seems like there were people here who went for interview after the test. Not sure how accurate

Unregistered 10-11-2021 03:47 PM

Anyone received rejection after the tests?

Unregistered 10-11-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189632)
Anyone received rejection after the tests?

Asking the real question. Prob a very long list of applicants and now they are busy filtering out the top candidates through interview. Once they have their batch then a mass rejection email will be sent.

Just move on with your life and who knows maybe next year they will call you or something after their choices failed the security clearance.

Unregistered 10-11-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Nope..Got nothing since then, just ghosted. Got no clue as to what is going on basically..Lol..

Unregistered 10-11-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189640)
Asking the real question. Prob a very long list of applicants and now they are busy filtering out the top candidates through interview. Once they have their batch then a mass rejection email will be sent.

Just move on with your life and who knows maybe next year they will call you or something after their choices failed the security clearance.

Actually, what do they do when they checking for security clearance? Check your background? Or extend even to your immediate family members?

Unregistered 11-11-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189685)
Check your background?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189685)
Or extend even to your immediate family members?

I don't have an answer for this. Many anecdotal answers here and there. Common sense will say depending on your career and position.

Unregistered 11-11-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189641)
Nope..Got nothing since then, just ghosted. Got no clue as to what is going on basically..Lol..

same here lol its been 3 months really don't understand what is going on

Unregistered 12-11-2021 01:31 PM

For sharing purposes, my application process thus far

I applied online in Mid Sep 21
Additional Details submitted in Early Oct 21
On site tests in Mid Oct 21
Psych test in Late Oct 21
Invited for interview in Mid Nov 21

Experience: currently working in a MINDEF Stat board for 5+ years

Hope this helps

Unregistered 12-11-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Just received a call to attend the interview. So i guess they are now calling shortlisted candidates for the interview round?