Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 21-05-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97469)
BTW how did you know that your interviewers thought you were jovial/aloof? They told you at a later stage when you ended up joining?

the are other units bosses in the interview too. I got chosen by only 1 and not the others. My friend who was chosen by the other boss was told by his boss on why i was chosen by my current boss. haha sort of like gossip behind the scenes type.

my boss also mentioned that she thinks i will suit well in the unit when i just signed...but not the specifics though.

Unregistered 23-05-2017 08:43 AM

reposting to get you guys' opinion/input.

There's an ad on careers@gov advertising an opening for a Legal Executive DXO position. It requires at least a Diploma in law and management and experience working in a law firm (both of which I have). I don't have a degree (intend to pursue further studies, hopefully in law).

What do you guys think the DXO grade will be, and its corresponding starting pay? I'm a male with NS.

Unregistered 23-05-2017 10:47 AM

Hi all, I went for unit preview last week. Till now I have yet to receive any call or updates, I know we're supposed to wait up to 1-2 weeks but I'm getting quite anxious cause the rest says it'll take about 1-3 days only sigh

Unregistered 24-05-2017 10:41 AM

what's the difference between the departments which work at gombak drive and cmpb?

Unregistered 25-05-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97482)
the are other units bosses in the interview too. I got chosen by only 1 and not the others. My friend who was chosen by the other boss was told by his boss on why i was chosen by my current boss. haha sort of like gossip behind the scenes type.

my boss also mentioned that she thinks i will suit well in the unit when i just signed...but not the specifics though.

Oh interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Just waiting for hear back after my PT... it's only been a week but I'm already getting anxious. I have a friend who was only called up for an interview 3 months after she did her PT so we'll see.

Unregistered 26-05-2017 09:10 AM

If its more thn 2 weeks n no one get back to me means no change alr or under backup candidate

Unregistered 26-05-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97624)
If its more thn 2 weeks n no one get back to me means no change alr or under backup candidate

with powderful england like this, you would do well outside of MINDEF. you are too gucci for them.

Unregistered 26-05-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97632)
with powderful england like this, you would do well outside of MINDEF. you are too gucci for them.

Let's not give unhelpful remarks, it's all right to ask a question.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it could take more than 2 weeks because the hiring manager has to fill up a form/essay stating why they chose you? So if they're busy it could take a while. Be patient, I'm sure it'll work out. All the best!

Unregistered 29-05-2017 10:18 AM

Will there be a difference in career path should a Unisim degree holder apply for Assistant Executive position(diploma requirement)? Have about 9 years related exp and recently came across this Assistant Executive position, but unsure on the path i will be taking.

Unregistered 29-05-2017 05:33 PM

Anyone went for PT late April and has gotten a reply alr?