Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97683)
Will there be a difference in career path should a Unisim degree holder apply for Assistant Executive position(diploma requirement)? Have about 9 years related exp and recently came across this Assistant Executive position, but unsure on the path i will be taking.

i would assume you meant career progression.

if you perform well, you still have a chance to make it to executive, assuming MINDEF recognises your degree as relevant. However, why not apply for executive positions directly?

Unregistered 31-05-2017 03:41 PM

are we allowed to bring our own calculators for the psychometric test?

if not allowed, what calculator model do they provide us with during the test?

also, do they provide several blank paper for us to write rough working?

thanks in advance :)

Unregistered 31-05-2017 05:21 PM

I have been registered for a PT test in the last week of June. Is it normal to be arranged a date almost a month later?

Btw, is it okie to leave personal details of your referral blank? Such as NRIC and address? I feel that it's kind of weird to ask your colleagues / seniors for their NRIC..

Unregistered 31-05-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97743)
are we allowed to bring our own calculators for the psychometric test?

if not allowed, what calculator model do they provide us with during the test?

also, do they provide several blank paper for us to write rough working?

thanks in advance :)

no calculators needed. its logical questions, not maths.
and i find it weird you are asking the calculator model. you wont be asked to draw graphs or use exponential/ logarithms.
as there is no maths, no need rough working.

Unregistered 31-05-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97746)
I have been registered for a PT test in the last week of June. Is it normal to be arranged a date almost a month later?

Btw, is it okie to leave personal details of your referral blank? Such as NRIC and address? I feel that it's kind of weird to ask your colleagues / seniors for their NRIC..

its normal. if you hit peak period (which is usually after uni students get back their results), may wait even longer due to more applications.

eventually they will ask you to fill in referral. no point leaving it empty. referral doesn't mean ask colleagues to recommend you to the job. just ask your close friends. anyone will do.

Unregistered 01-06-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97749)
no calculators needed. its logical questions, not maths.
and i find it weird you are asking the calculator model. you wont be asked to draw graphs or use exponential/ logarithms.
as there is no maths, no need rough working.

because different calculator models have different input manner & diff button placements. if you're not familiar with a certain calc model, you waste time during the using of the calculator in the time-tight test. (and it's unfair if some candidates heng heng very familiar with the provided calculator while the remaining suay ones struggle with the learning curve during the test itself. how stressful pls) and of course, i'm only referring to Scientific calculators (those permitted for GCE O-levels kind).

i just find it weird that mindef's test doesn't involve math and calculation. most Psychometric tests have numerical component.

Unregistered 01-06-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97769)
because different calculator models have different input manner & diff button placements. if you're not familiar with a certain calc model, you waste time during the using of the calculator in the time-tight test. (and it's unfair if some candidates heng heng very familiar with the provided calculator while the remaining suay ones struggle with the learning curve during the test itself. how stressful pls) and of course, i'm only referring to Scientific calculators (those permitted for GCE O-levels kind).

i just find it weird that mindef's test doesn't involve math and calculation. most Psychometric tests have numerical component.

Mindef PT comprises only 3 components:
Verbal reasoning
Matrix reasoning
Personality test

No maths component whatsoever. I understand many organisations have a numeracy component to their psychometric assessment but not for Mindef...

Anyway you have 1 piece of rough paper cos there might be some items you might need to do some rough workings if you can't do it mentally.

Unregistered 02-06-2017 11:32 AM

while filling in the particulars of my referees i was stunned a bit, because i do not know their personal details such as IC no. & home address. they were my former bosses, you see. so i think it's really weird to approach them to provide me such personal details. do you think i should still ask them for it? or can i write 'NA' or 'NIL' or something similar in these fields?

Unregistered 02-06-2017 12:46 PM

For the Citizen Cert No. and Citizenship Certificate document, both do not apply to me if I am a Singapore Citizen by birth, right?

Waiting 02-06-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97779)
while filling in the particulars of my referees i was stunned a bit, because i do not know their personal details such as IC no. & home address. they were my former bosses, you see. so i think it's really weird to approach them to provide me such personal details. do you think i should still ask them for it? or can i write 'NA' or 'NIL' or something similar in these fields?

Nope, HR will ask you for them again during the interview stage. Friends are accepted, as advised by kind respondents prior