Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-03-2017 09:12 PM

Attempted the PT in late Dec 2016, till now still not invited to any interview nor received any rejection email. Anyone facing the same situation as me?

Unregistered 02-03-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95122)
Attempted the PT in late Dec 2016, till now still not invited to any interview nor received any rejection email. Anyone facing the same situation as me?

Attempted mine in late Jan and also no replies yet :(

Unregistered 03-03-2017 10:42 AM

will my progression as a DXO be hindered if i do not complete my 10 cycles of reservist by the time I'm 40? anybody knows? thanks for the help:)

Pes C9L2 (Temporary) for 10 years already, 32 this year.. never go reservist b4.. just got called for interview recently..

any constructive comments are welcomed:)

Unregistered 04-03-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95173)
will my progression as a DXO be hindered if i do not complete my 10 cycles of reservist by the time I'm 40? anybody knows? thanks for the help:)

Pes C9L2 (Temporary) for 10 years already, 32 this year.. never go reservist b4.. just got called for interview recently..

any constructive comments are welcomed:)

i do not think reservist cycles determines career progression. they are not related at all. my unit has many DXOs, many of whom are still serving reservist and some are not. another good thing is that for DXOs, going for reservist is not frowned upon too. just need to hand over properly.

PES status also doesnt affect progression.

Unregistered 04-03-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95209)
i do not think reservist cycles determines career progression. they are not related at all. my unit has many DXOs, many of whom are still serving reservist and some are not. another good thing is that for DXOs, going for reservist is not frowned upon too. just need to hand over properly.

PES status also doesnt affect progression.

hi, thanks for your input. really appreciate it:)

allow me to expand on my concern. I am asking because last year when i was called up to another interview at another camp, one of the HR ladies at that camp told me that i should faster clear my cycles if not i may not be able to progress far in my career.

i imagined that i will "kena diao rank" since i wont finish reservist by the time i'm 40 and was worried in that aspect, and thus my question as I was called up for another interview this year.

again, thanks for your input, it kinda allayed some of my fears:)

helppppp 05-03-2017 10:17 PM

Hi all. I am scheduled for the PT on this coming Thurs. Read through many posts and saw that most people mentioned the same 3 sections - verbal reasoning, raven matrices (patterns) and personality test. But somewhere in between (2016 June specifically) there were people talking about sections with sudoku. Kinda stressed out about the conflicting info as it is my first ever PT and I want to be prepared for the test as far as possible.

Unregistered 05-03-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helppppp (Post 95238)
Hi all. I am scheduled for the PT on this coming Thurs. Read through many posts and saw that most people mentioned the same 3 sections - verbal reasoning, raven matrices (patterns) and personality test. But somewhere in between (2016 June specifically) there were people talking about sections with sudoku. Kinda stressed out about the conflicting info as it is my first ever PT and I want to be prepared for the test as far as possible.

Hi! I took the test on 1/3 and there was no sudoku. Good luck for your test! :)

Unregistered 06-03-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95215)
hi, thanks for your input. really appreciate it:)

allow me to expand on my concern. I am asking because last year when i was called up to another interview at another camp, one of the HR ladies at that camp told me that i should faster clear my cycles if not i may not be able to progress far in my career.

i imagined that i will "kena diao rank" since i wont finish reservist by the time i'm 40 and was worried in that aspect, and thus my question as I was called up for another interview this year.

again, thanks for your input, it kinda allayed some of my fears:)

If what u said is true, that HR STAFF should be fired or given a warning for such misleading statement in my opinion.. it's really unprofessional.. maybe u too handsome that she share so much with u, worse is u didn't even got hired and yet she treat u like own ppl and anyhow blabber.. and I doubt her as a HR have access or even participate in the promotion assessment, end of the day, it's probably a baseless heresay

Isn't it hilarious that reservist could hinder promotion (maybe private sector especially those sales or quota one.. I can see it happening) but coming from MINDEF who is the one calling for reservist and DXO is under MINDEF, if they do that, aren't they slapping their own face?? Even if it's true, it's not something to publicise anyway.. imagine the outrage coming from ppl working in the private sector..

U should tell the HR STAFF to only shortlist female instead (but oops maybe old one.. since young one can always get married eventually and go for maternity leave and isnt the leave getting a review and getting longer..) and even if those fresh male grads in 20s also must go for reservist if they are eligible..

I think promotion is easier, if more high ranked that does nothing leaves the force and free out the position they are hogging on..

Unregistered 06-03-2017 11:42 AM

Hi, I went for the interview 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive any reply. I heard that if you pass the interview you will be notified within 4 days. Does this means I'm rejected already?

Unregistered 06-03-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95245)
Hi, I went for the interview 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive any reply. I heard that if you pass the interview you will be notified within 4 days. Does this means I'm rejected already?

No...don't worry unless you're officially rejected. could mean that the hiring manager is still looking into the pool of candidates or he/she have not had the time to decide yet.