Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 16-02-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94592)
saw one wear jeans with slippers and t-shirt. no joke.

but no issue ba cause only take test. no interview that day.

Doesnt really matter what you wear as long as you look decent (no shorts no singlet). The examiner is a young guy who doesn't really care. Wear t shirt and jeans and sandals also ok. Some guys did that

Unregistered 16-02-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94634)
Typically how long does it take to hear back after the first interview, for the unit preview or rejection?

Mine took 4 days to get notified. And went preview the very next day.

My friend took 1 day to get notified and went preview 4 days later.

So i think site preview typically occurs 5 days after interview.

There might also be another interview during preview.

luck k 18-02-2017 12:49 AM

Dear DXO employees, may I know what is the turn over rate?

I am puzzle, there are always opening.
With the falling birth rate, I don't think the army as a whole is expending in terms of headcount.
On an average, what is the yrs of service for most employees?

Unregistered 18-02-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luck k (Post 94706)
Dear DXO employees, may I know what is the turn over rate?

I am puzzle, there are always opening.
With the falling birth rate, I don't think the army as a whole is expending in terms of headcount.
On an average, what is the yrs of service for most employees?

contrary to popular belief, being a DXO is not all suns and roses. it demands a certain level of competency and committment. mindef is not a place where you can just screw up and say oh wells.. you immediate boss might not even have the power to cover for you.

as such, there is certain amount of expectations and stress that comes with it (true for all jobs haha). mindef demands new ideas and projects every year on top of the routine work. and this policy is not for everyone. people like me only wants to do my primary job well. but because of the many many extra projects and stuffs, we do feel disillusioned. we dont get paid extra. we tend to spend more time doing secondary stuffs instead of our primary job because this is how the system works. in the end, managements looks into your extra during ranking, often neglecting that you did your primary role well.

therefore, many leave because of the above. mindef is basically cutting manpower and throwing a 3 man job into 1 man. over time, anyone will feel tired, abused and overused.

from my time here, i saw many people leave, of all ranks. the experience is lost. knowledge is not retained, making it harder for new DXOs to perform. red-tapes also exist and the system is filled with people who only wants to save money to look good(mostly senior management), without thinking about the implications downstream.

as for the job openings, most openings are probably new estabs, meaning newly created positions. not too sure on this as i cant speak for all DXO positions.

Unregistered 18-02-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94711)
contrary to popular belief, being a DXO is not all suns and roses. it demands a certain level of competency and committment. mindef is not a place where you can just screw up and say oh wells.. you immediate boss might not even have the power to cover for you.

as such, there is certain amount of expectations and stress that comes with it (true for all jobs haha). mindef demands new ideas and projects every year on top of the routine work. and this policy is not for everyone. people like me only wants to do my primary job well. but because of the many many extra projects and stuffs, we do feel disillusioned. we dont get paid extra. we tend to spend more time doing secondary stuffs instead of our primary job because this is how the system works. in the end, managements looks into your extra during ranking, often neglecting that you did your primary role well.

therefore, many leave because of the above. mindef is basically cutting manpower and throwing a 3 man job into 1 man. over time, anyone will feel tired, abused and overused.

from my time here, i saw many people leave, of all ranks. the experience is lost. knowledge is not retained, making it harder for new DXOs to perform. red-tapes also exist and the system is filled with people who only wants to save money to look good(mostly senior management), without thinking about the implications downstream.

as for the job openings, most openings are probably new estabs, meaning newly created positions. not too sure on this as i cant speak for all DXO positions.

Aiya... this kind of complains happen in every ministry/stat board or company in pte sector.

Actually I know quite a number of DXO quit then go out & realise even worse & come back after few years.

To answer above poster question, DXO turnover is roughly 6-10% every year, slighly higher than public sector, but much lower than private sector. Some industries like finance, retail, IT etc. is normal for turnover to go above 30%.

luck k 18-02-2017 12:43 PM

yes private is even worst. there's also the cheaper foreigners that can do the same tasks as u and operation can move out of spore anytime. Don't think Mindef will relocate to other country & the core mainly local.

Unregistered 19-02-2017 08:24 PM

how long does pt usually take?

Unregistered 21-02-2017 10:58 PM

SOs

Anyone here? My psychometric is tmr but i didnt see must print the email is it necessary?? No access to printerz

seeker 24-02-2017 10:48 PM

Will there be written test for HR Exec position or just PT will do?
For written test (particularly for HR Exec position), what are topics and content of the essay?

dumblegumble 25-02-2017 02:52 AM

Hi guys

hope someone can give me a definitive reply for the psychometric test. have read so many pages spanning the past 2 years but seems like format has changed?

i gathered that there are 3 parts:

first on abstract reasoning - puzzles/ patterns - any mathematical computations?
second on verbal reasoning - only comprehension questions?
third is personality test

how much time is allocated for the first two parts? 60 mins each?