Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 10-03-2017 10:52 AM

Some questions regarding the personoal particualrs form:

1. When they mean by citizenship cert no, do they mean the birth certificate number?

2. Can i leave one of the referees blank?

waterlily40 10-03-2017 11:30 AM

hi!

I went for the psychometric test recently and saw what i was shortlisted for this one position. does it mean i am only considered for that position? not the other 2 i have applied for? i read somewhere in the forum that it is after the psychometric test that we are considered for the positions we applied for?

Unregistered 10-03-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95412)
Some questions regarding the personoal particualrs form:

1. When they mean by citizenship cert no, do they mean the birth certificate number?

2. Can i leave one of the referees blank?

U will only have a citizenship no. if u have been converted to Singapore citizen.

I think both referees are compulsory as stated at the top of the page if I remember correctly.

Unregistered 10-03-2017 03:17 PM

Anyone knows what is the security clearance and medical check up about? Any dress code?

Unregistered 11-03-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95406)
Sorry I didnt give more background but my job is a DX9-11 and I am a DX10. That means, i can still be promoted up to a DX11 in the same job. So its not about being promoted and taking on a vacated job above mine.

Just wondering, if i meet the performance grading for 3 consecutive years and can still be promoted within the same job, any reason if i do not get it this year?

hmm...

Promotion is never about you meeting all the stated criteria then you will get promoted. Maybe you should look at the criteria as prerequisites to promotion. You need to fulfill all those prerequisites before you will be CONSIDERED for promotion. But it ultimately depends on other factors like how hard your bosses fought for you during ranking, how well-profiled you are to the other bosses in the ranking boards, whether you did better than those who are of the same rank and years in service and past performance grades, and finally, you CEP, which is usually a big indicator on how fast you get promoted. It is a whole complex matrix as HR will tell you.

Bottom line is, don't have a sense of entitlement mentality that you will be promoted because you have met the stated IM criteria. It will usually turn out badly. Treat promotion as a bonus. If you get it, great. If not, then back to work harder (and smarter). Good luck!

Unregistered 12-03-2017 02:03 PM

Are there private shuttle bus service that ferries staffs from various parts of singapore to gombak camp?

Unregistered 13-03-2017 12:32 PM

PT test

Hi anyone did a PT recently and got called up for an interview

yama 14-03-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95534)
Hi anyone did a PT recently and got called up for an interview

i went for PT on 1 mar but haven't been contacted. anyone in the same shoes?

Unregistered 14-03-2017 05:33 PM

i went for the test on dec, almost coming to 3 months then notify i am not further shortlisted.. Disappointing after such a long wait

Unregistered 15-03-2017 07:35 AM

PB

For DXO who intend to resign, when must they stay in service till, in order to keep the PB?

Is it 30 Apr or 31 May?