Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

colling 15-03-2017 11:24 AM

Hi, for all those who submitted their supporting documents softcopy, did you have this error msg indicating technical difficulties?

colling 15-03-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95534)
Hi anyone did a PT recently and got called up for an interview

I went on 8 mar..havent heard anything yet :(

Unregistered 15-03-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colling (Post 95598)
Hi, for all those who submitted their supporting documents softcopy, did you have this error msg indicating technical difficulties?

i sent them an email and got that error msg

Unregistered 15-03-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colling (Post 95599)
I went on 8 mar..havent heard anything yet :(

Me too went on 8 Mar. No news.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yama (Post 95567)
i went for PT on 1 mar but haven't been contacted. anyone in the same shoes?

I also went on 1 march, also no news.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95608)
i sent them an email and got that error msg

I sent an email earlier this week on Monday, and received the auto reply citing technical difficulties. But just 1.5hr later, they replied my email. I believe they might just take a little longer to respond.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterlily40 (Post 95415)
hi!

I went for the psychometric test recently and saw what i was shortlisted for this one position. does it mean i am only considered for that position? not the other 2 i have applied for? i read somewhere in the forum that it is after the psychometric test that we are considered for the positions we applied for?

Hey there

I understand from forums that they assess you based on your first choice. Only if that gets filled that they might consider you for your next choices accordingly.

May I ask how the logical reasoning section of the PT was like? Curious to know if they were raven's progressive matrices, the usual what comes next in a sequence of pictures/numbers, or both?

I understand this is really subjective but would you say the PT was difficult? Or was it simply a time constraint issue? Wondering if the verbal part was tricky or if the logical part was difficult?

Anyone can provide some insights? thanks in advance!(:

waterlily40 17-03-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95655)
Hey there

I understand from forums that they assess you based on your first choice. Only if that gets filled that they might consider you for your next choices accordingly.

May I ask how the logical reasoning section of the PT was like? Curious to know if they were raven's progressive matrices, the usual what comes next in a sequence of pictures/numbers, or both?

I understand this is really subjective but would you say the PT was difficult? Or was it simply a time constraint issue? Wondering if the verbal part was tricky or if the logical part was difficult?

Anyone can provide some insights? thanks in advance!(:

Verbal Part is the one that is more difficult due to the time limit. I believe it is around 30 min, then there is a short break.

They used the matrices. The questions got more difficult towards the end for the logical test. So it is advisable to do the logical test quickly at the beginning and spend a little more time at the end.

I think the test is OK, except for the time constraint part so you have to think really quickly. The verbal part is tricky though. JIA YOU!

Unregistered 19-03-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95654)
I sent an email earlier this week on Monday, and received the auto reply citing technical difficulties. But just 1.5hr later, they replied my email. I believe they might just take a little longer to respond.

Used to work here, quite a nice place if you ignore that you there is no such thing as scholars/fast track etc.

Unregistered 20-03-2017 11:15 AM

What are my chance for promotion?

Seniors, just wanna ask a question to gauge my performance? So I'll roughly know what I will need to do for the new workyear :)

Entered MINDEF as DXO in 2013

2013: DX9 (default Band III)
2014: DX10 (Band II)
2015: DX10 (Band II)
2016: DX10 (Band II)
2017: DX10 (Waiting for 31 Mar 17)

What are my chances of DX11 if I get Band II again this year?