Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127030)
What’s the next rank up after senior associate?

Thought you would be manager or AD with your exp

Unless you come from very reputable boutique practice or giant consulting firms, chances are Big4 will downplay and push you 1 rank / promotion down.

AMs (or Senior Year 3) are only getting 5+, if you are gunning for SA I would say your best shot is between 4.8k to 5k.

All the best

Unregistered 03-02-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124706)
if you want to do advisory/consulting work, go and apply for MBB. the big 4 are generally terrible places to work at. salary is low. hours are long. progression is slow. overall just terrible. :(

it's true, but it's not easy to get into MBB...

only the cream of the cream.

big4 consulting ain't that bad but just not as premium compared to BCG Bain Mckinsey

Unregistered 03-02-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123785)
lan jiao lang

big4 manager >14k?

then your mother earn 5cts each month

it's true, associates earn 30k per month, mother have to pay company to be hired

Unregistered 16-02-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128538)
it's true, associates earn 30k per month, mother have to pay company to be hired

ish tru, i am the client paying for chiur 30k paychek

92nerd 15-03-2020 12:11 PM

Increments

Does anyone know if there will still be an increment despite the economy slowdown?

Do the big four still provide increment but reduce the bonuses?

Unregistered 15-03-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92nerd (Post 130160)
Does anyone know if there will still be an increment despite the economy slowdown?

Do the big four still provide increment but reduce the bonuses?

big 4 still have shitty pay, do people even work there anymore? most grads i kow are shunning the big 4 like fleas

Unregistered 29-03-2020 02:47 PM

Big 4 Exit Opportunties

Hi everyone, i am currently working as an audit associate year 1 and will be expecting to reach senior year 1 by end of July 2021. I was wondering if leaving as a senior year 1 to commercial would be ideal in terms of exit opp and pay jump. However, given the short period of time i might not be able to attain my CA so i was thinking if it would be better if take up CA after exiting big 4 (assuming if i still want to do accounting)

Unregistered 29-03-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131147)
Hi everyone, i am currently working as an audit associate year 1 and will be expecting to reach senior year 1 by end of July 2021. I was wondering if leaving as a senior year 1 to commercial would be ideal in terms of exit opp and pay jump. However, given the short period of time i might not be able to attain my CA so i was thinking if it would be better if take up CA after exiting big 4 (assuming if i still want to do accounting)

if want do CA pls stay in big 4. get CA then go out.

leaving right when you turn senior is not going to give you any pay boost

Unregistered 01-04-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131154)
if want do CA pls stay in big 4. get CA then go out.

leaving right when you turn senior is not going to give you any pay boost

Meaning stuck at the same job?

Unregistered 03-04-2020 11:02 AM

Anybody knows how much each of the big 4 pays for actuarial exams in their advisory/consulting departments? Thanks in advance!