Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2024 12:23 PM

Are there any audit managers here? Do you feel that the actions of your seniors and juniors are significantly jeopardizing and negatively impacting your career?

Unregistered 28-03-2024 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272801)
1 month only? That's like AWS without performance bonus.

We don’t have 13th month. Lol

Unregistered 28-03-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272802)
Are there any audit managers here? Do you feel that the actions of your seniors and juniors are significantly jeopardizing and negatively impacting your career?

Do you care to elaborate ? :)

Unregistered 28-03-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272804)

The shortcomings of both senior and junior members within an audit team can significantly compromise the career path of the audit manager.

Seniors who fail to provide adequate support or guidance to juniors can hinder the audit manager's ability to deliver results effectively, leading to delays of the audit.

Poor leadership or unethical behavior from seniors can create a negative work environment, affecting team morale and productivity.

Similarly, the performance and behavior of junior team members directly reflect upon the audit manager's leadership capabilities.

Sub-standard training or a lack of attention to detail among juniors can result in errors within audit work, thereby undermining the credibility of findings.

Instances where juniors deviate from instructions or fail to meet deadlines can amplify the audit manager's stress levels and workload.

Ultimately, the collective inadequacies of both senior and junior members may pose substantial risks to the audit manager's career progression within the audit firm.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 01:22 PM

Why not just consider alternative careers?

Unregistered 28-03-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272803)
We don’t have 13th month. Lol

positive side is you knowbyour total package 😀

Unregistered 28-03-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272804)

The shortcomings of both senior and junior members within an audit team can significantly compromise the career path of the audit manager

Seniors who fail to provide adequate support or guidance to juniors can hinder the audit manager's ability to deliver results effectively, leading to delays of the audit.

Poor leadership or unethical behavior from seniors can create a negative work environment, affecting team morale and productivity.

Similarly, juniors' performance and conduct reflect on the audit manager's leadership.

Inadequate training or lack of attention to detail from juniors can lead to errors in audit work, damaging the credibility of findings.

Instances where juniors who fail to follow instructions or meet deadlines create additional stress for the audit manager.

Ultimately, the collective inadequacies of both senior and junior members may pose substantial risks to the audit manager's career progression within the firm.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 03:40 PM

Actually, I'm quite surprised with myself that I managed to clear all the audit engagements last year during that period. It's truly a miracle.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 03:41 PM

Last time, the audit manager reprimanded the female audit associate until she cried because she couldn't meet the audit deadline. It was a distressing situation.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272829)
Last time, the audit manager reprimanded the female audit associate until she cried because she couldn't meet the audit deadline. It was a distressing situation.

Some mgr only talk dunno hw to manage. Deserve it lol. Blind leading blind

Unregistered 28-03-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272831)
Some mgr only talk dunno hw to manage. Deserve it lol. Blind leading blind

Why are we labelling and segregating juniors seniors and managers?

We are all just humans and employees. The way it’s structured is just first 2 years you are junior then they change your title to senior then after another 3 years you become manager.

You say like they’re different people but to me it’s just the same person at different times.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272802)

Need to ask in msia forum hahaha. All msia managers nowadays only know how to delegate all their manager work to the team. Don’t know how to do manager work still don’t dare to ask. Just keep quiet take salary. Partners all kumgong can’t see this

Unregistered 28-03-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272837)
Need to ask in msia forum hahaha. All msia managers nowadays only know how to delegate all their manager work to the team. Don’t know how to do manager work still don’t dare to ask. Just keep quiet take salary. Partners all kumgong can’t see this

Different people have different strengths and weaknesses.

If msia managers excel at delegating tasks and organising work effectively, that can be a valuable skill in context such as leadership roles or management.

However, it's also important to consider whether relying solely on delegation without contributing to the actual work might lead to resentment within teams.

msia managers have to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses to understand how manager can best contribute to a team.

Ultimately, success often comes from a combination of delegation and active participation in the work itself.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272840)
Different people have different strengths and weaknesses.

If msia managers excel at delegating tasks and organising work effectively, that can be a valuable skill in context such as leadership roles or management.

However, it's also important to consider whether relying solely on delegation without contributing to the actual work might lead to resentment within teams.

msia managers have to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses to understand how manager can best contribute to a team.

Ultimately, success often comes from a combination of delegation and active participation in the work itself.

Come on they’re pushing as much as possible. Like next year budgeting and booking of staff also want push to the team. And as you said, they have literally 0contribution to fieldwork and yet add to our workload with their own admin stuff. Like all they know is to redirect work and 0 contribution to any part of the organization whatsoever

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:12 PM

There's a difference between knowing how to delegate vs delegating bcos you dont know how to do it yourself.

Some Managers just push their work to the seniors without proper guidance.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272452)
Why in Big4, the audit managers require the young blood audit associate in 20s to vouch as fast as possible?

I heard 1 guy from NTU can actually vouched 1,000 invoice sample in just 1 hour.

Is it true? How he done that?

There is a capped on the sample size based on firm methodology.

You kena ppl smoke..

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272845)
Come on they’re pushing as much as possible. Like next year budgeting and booking of staff also want push to the team. And as you said, they have literally 0contribution to fieldwork and yet add to our workload with their own admin stuff. Like all they know is to redirect work and 0 contribution to any part of the organization whatsoever

So bad /weak ah big4 manager?

Staffings/plannings are super important task to me when i was SM/M

Paiseh, i am from midtier,

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272849)
There's a difference between knowing how to delegate vs delegating bcos you dont know how to do it yourself.

Some Managers just push their work to the seniors without proper guidance.

Got 1 more kind is manager know how to do it but just push their work to seniors

Then manager shake leg

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272845)

Yeah. I noticed administrative tasks being delegated to seniors, who are already overloaded with fieldwork. This puts undue pressure on them. It seems managers are passing their tasks delegated from partners to seniors without proper communication.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272850)

You kena ppl smoke..

What is the sample size capped?

Unregistered 28-03-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272829)

I noticed usually is the male audit manager scold the female audit associate one.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:06 PM

Seems like everyone is signing today

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272805)
The shortcomings of both senior and junior members within an audit team can significantly compromise the career path of the audit manager.

Similarly, the performance and behavior of junior team members directly reflect upon the audit manager's leadership capabilities.

Sub-standard training or a lack of attention to detail among juniors can result in errors within audit work, thereby undermining the credibility of findings.

Instances where juniors deviate from instructions or fail to meet deadlines can amplify the audit manager's stress levels and workload.

Ultimately, the collective inadequacies of both senior and junior members may pose substantial risks to the audit manager's career progression within the audit firm.

Being able to guide and motivate the team is part of managers’ KPI. If you only think of yourself, then probably you are not suitable for leadership role.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:36 PM

Why never sound off to recruitment and partner hard to plan staff schedule due to lack of staff?

Unregistered 28-03-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272867)
Why never sound off to recruitment and partner hard to plan staff schedule due to lack of staff?

turnover is higher than recruitment. everyone is fully booked until year end

Unregistered 28-03-2024 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272867)

It's like SMEs, one person doing five people's job is a feature not a bug.

Unregistered 29-03-2024 12:03 AM

Hi, aware that audit is the same everywhere but recommended to join KPMG or PwC for fresh grad?

Unregistered 29-03-2024 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272898)
Hi, aware that audit is the same everywhere but recommended to join KPMG or PwC for fresh grad?

why not yellow ?

Unregistered 29-03-2024 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272850)

You kena ppl smoke..

never do ntu fund audit before?

Unregistered 29-03-2024 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272899)
why not yellow ?

Highly don’t recommend EY as a fresh grad. 90% chance you don’t stay long enough to promote to senior cos of the bad environment currently

Unregistered 29-03-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272898)

PwC for long term (2 years or more)

KPMG for short term (confirm staying <2 years)

Unregistered 29-03-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272920)
PwC for long term (2 years or more)

KPMG for short term (confirm staying <2 years)

Can explain why?

And is it true KPMG pays more?

Unregistered 29-03-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272909)
Highly don’t recommend EY as a fresh grad. 90% chance you don’t stay long enough to promote to senior cos of the bad environment currently

Pls elaborate? Thought their pay highest

Unregistered 29-03-2024 11:27 AM

I don’t think the environment in any of the B4 changed.

It’s just kids are more strawberry these days.

Unregistered 29-03-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272922)
Can explain why?

Around $3.6k for first year across all big 4.
Yellow usually pays $3.5k but if you interned before $3.6k

For blue with SCAQ, the bump is around senior 2 year. not very significant, around $300 more than the same rank in other Big 4 firms.

Unregistered 29-03-2024 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272922)
Can explain why?

For Kp,I think it depends on luck. If you go to GA and are not booked on those intensive engagements, then you don’t have to work overtime so much. The firm currently has the most FT compared to other Big 4.

Unregistered 29-03-2024 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272909)

The promotion rate is around 75% for those who stayed for promotion. Well, you trade time and health for the experience. I believe all Big 4 firms are the same, maybe one or two have slightly better welfare. For Yellow, if you're looking for a selling point, it's the opportunity to work above your pay grade and gain more exposure. Lol

Unregistered 29-03-2024 12:26 PM

I'm afraid the resignation of senior and junior will jeopardize my career progression from manager to senior manager.

What should I do?

Treat senior and junior go restaurant eat buffet and good food?

Unregistered 29-03-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272946)
I'm afraid the resignation of senior and junior will jeopardize my career progression from manager to senior manager.

What should I do?

Treat senior and junior go restaurant eat buffet and good food?

Be a better boss. If you cant offer them good WLB and pay, someone else will

Unregistered 29-03-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272949)
Be a better boss. If you cant offer them good WLB and pay, someone else will

Then why join big4?

Also not up to me to decide whether I can provide WLB to seniors and juniors.