Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-03-2024 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270675)
Who are you? What are all these short form? You say like we know what you talking about

Are you in the audit industry?

ISCA
MRA
RMA
ACCA
SCAQ
IBS

If you don't know all these, what are you been doing all these years? lol

Unregistered 14-03-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270617)
I think ISCA will eventually sign MRA with ACCA

Yes. If ISCA sign MRA instead of RMA with ACCA, then you have to take the SCAQ IBS 4.5 hours exam

Ok what better than 5 papers

Sad.

I really hope ISCA signed RMA with ACCA instead of signing MRA.

If sign MRA means ACCA members need to take 4.4 hours Capstone paper

What I understand is HKICPA also signed MRA with ACCA.

Hongkong ACCA members who want to join HKICPA via ACCA membership need to take the Capstone 4 hours paper in order to join HKICPA.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270677)
Sad.

I really hope ISCA signed RMA with ACCA instead of signing MRA.

If sign MRA means ACCA members need to take 4.4 hours Capstone paper

What I understand is HKICPA also signed MRA with ACCA.

Hongkong ACCA members who want to join HKICPA via ACCA membership need to take the Capstone 4 hours paper in order to join HKICPA.

Waste time waste money leh the capstone module. Wont use at work 1 la. When want to use also forget liao lol. 2pid accountancy already cmi still managed by all these oldies who loves exam and they themself nv take. What a joke.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270691)
Waste time waste money leh the capstone module. Wont use at work 1 la. When want to use also forget liao lol. 2pid accountancy already cmi still managed by all these oldies who loves exam and they themself nv take. What a joke.

What is this Capstone module?

I noticed in university also got this Capstone module. Like got a software playing with the pricing of products.

HKICPA Qualification Program also this Final Exam Capstone module and the exam duration is 4 hours.

ACCA also this Capstone module called Strategic Business Leader SBL also 4 hours paper (last time is P1 and P3. Now combined call SBL)

Seem like really must do Capstone then get CPA or clear Final module

Hearsay is not a technical module but a combination of 4 technical module (audit, tax, financial reporting, governance)

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:01 PM

s://.reddit.com/r/askSingapore/comments/1bdpiik/how_exactly_bad_is_big_4_audit_full_time/

Why are kids these days still so optimistic? Do they really believe firms will pay more when partners are just outsourcing to Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:25 PM

Quote:

But I see alot of university also got Capstone module what.

These Capstone module were come up by oldies?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 05:46 PM

Quote:

If not wrong, these audit partners in their 50s and 60s and 70s never really taken this Capstone exam themselves before in 1980s to 1990s.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270708)
If not wrong, these audit partners in their 50s and 60s and 70s never really taken this Capstone exam themselves before in 1980s to 1990s.

SQP came out 2013…

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:44 PM

Quote:

You want ISCA CA or not?

Don't want nvm lah

But if u want ISCA CA then no choice LLST do this capstone lor

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270708)

normally people with >10 years of experience can get CA without needing exams. some fellow path, not sure about ISCA because idgaf about that stupid thing. sorry for the younger gen though

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270542)
ISCA is thrilled to be back in the Philippines!

We are pleased to announce that we have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) to foster collaborations through training and professional development of accountants in the Philippines. This partnership will also elevate the accounting profession and contribute to the growth and success of businesses.

ISCA CEO, Fann Kor, did a presentation to the PICPA, highlighting recent developments in Singapore's accounting landscape and explored more potential initiatives between both institutes.

ISCA also appointed an Approved Learning Centre, Lope Laranjo Bato & Co. CPAs (an accredited CPD provider by the Board of Accountancy) in the Philippines to collaborate on ISCA's Sustainability certifications and conduct joint seminars to support accounting profession in the region.

One of the highlights of the trip was the members' recognition ceremony where we welcomed new members to the ISCA family!
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to build bridges and create impactful partnerships across borders!

P/S: Happy belated birthday to Sir Abner Ty!

Teo Ser Luck

Anyone saw the above Facebook Post on ISCA?

Why ISCA want sign MOU with PICPA?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270718)
normally people with >10 years of experience can get CA without needing exams. some fellow path, not sure about ISCA because idgaf about that stupid thing. sorry for the younger gen though

s://.ntu.edu.sg/business/news-events/news/story-detail/nanyang-business-school-alumni-continue-to-ace-in-the-singapore-chartered-accountant-qualification-exams

But NTU very emphasis on how their alumni passing rate for SCAQ

Unregistered 14-03-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270718)

Private U graduates forever cant take CA if they dont work with ATO, via SCAQ route

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270721)
Private U graduates forever cant take CA if they dont work with ATO, via SCAQ route

Take for wat use? My jhk manager acca grad also no sqp.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:05 PM

When you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up.

Surely, surely, those in charge aren't going to double down and dig further.... right?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270720)
s://.ntu.edu.sg/business/news-events/news/story-detail/nanyang-business-school-alumni-continue-to-ace-in-the-singapore-chartered-accountant-qualification-exams

But NTU very emphasis on how their alumni passing rate for SCAQ

I see their IGP I wanna cry..

Unregistered 14-03-2024 11:31 PM

Can someone explain the obsession with ISCA? Why do you even need it?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270756)

An applicant for registration as a public accountant must be a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants who has been conferred with the Chartered Accountant of Singapore (CA (Singapore)) designation.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 12:07 AM

Does tax have better working hours than audit?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 01:11 AM

Seems like a lot of seniors all quitting without job offers nowadays?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270766)
Does tax have better working hours than audit?

During their busy season, it’s almost as bad as audit.

But if you mean over 12 months total hours - wayyyyyy better.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270756)

You don’t -need- it unless you are aiming to become public accountant to sign audited financial statements.

Most people want it because
1) it’s a designation you can put on your name card and resume to bolster your profile.
2) An entire generation of NUS/NTU/SMU seniors got the membership for much less effort because it used to be a 5 days course instead of all these papers. In the transitioning cohorts, we got no choice else cannot compete with our seniors when looking for jobs.
3) You can’t call yourself a professional without a membership in a professional body. Lawyers doctors engineers accountants all got professional body and to abide by a code of ethics and conduct.
4) It’s like a video game achievement, you chose this job, the natural progression is to unlock this title. Why else are you even playing this class for?

But ultimately the value and prestige of the title is dependent on the prestige of the industry as a whole. And if the whole accountancy major is reduced to BBCC then in my opinion it’s no longer the same as when it was AAA or AAB.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270804)
You don’t -need- it unless you are aiming to become public accountant to sign audited financial statements.

Most people want it because
1) it’s a designation you can put on your name card and resume to bolster your profile.
2) An entire generation of NUS/NTU/SMU seniors got the membership for much less effort because it used to be a 5 days course instead of all these papers. In the transitioning cohorts, we got no choice else cannot compete with our seniors when looking for jobs.
3) You can’t call yourself a professional without a membership in a professional body. Lawyers doctors engineers accountants all got professional body and to abide by a code of ethics and conduct.
4) It’s like a video game achievement, you chose this job, the natural progression is to unlock this title. Why else are you even playing this class for?

But ultimately the value and prestige of the title is dependent on the prestige of the industry as a whole. And if the whole accountancy major is reduced to BBCC then in my opinion it’s no longer the same as when it was AAA or AAB.

I see Keppel outsourced their finance department to Philippines. Even we obtain CA, seem like also no use? Unless we are cheaper than Philippines?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 11:15 AM

I noticed guys working in this industry are all weirdo, awkward, shy, introvert.

Like cannot find gf that kind of guy.

I also understand some of my friends working in this industry visited geylang for prostitute services.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270807)
I noticed guys working in this industry are all weirdo, awkward, shy, introvert.

I also understand some of my friends working in this industry visited geylang for prostitute services.

The dating game is hard when you’re working wkdays to midnight and even working on wkends.

I found my partner in the firm. Despite people saying don’t eat where you ****.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270807)

Even prostitutes make more $ without even considering the hours

Unregistered 15-03-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270810)
Even prostitutes make more $ without even considering the hours

Is it so difficult for audit senior, audit manager and audit partner to justify their time cost?

E.g. During off peak period, audit partner got no files to review, they still getting the same salary? How they justify their pay to the management?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270772)
Seems like a lot of seniors all quitting without job offers nowadays?

Yep, 7 in my batch left, only 1 has a job offer.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270817)
Yep, 7 in my batch left, only 1 has a job offer.

are you stupid? why?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 01:11 PM

Why nowadays all the audit manager have to do the saikang and fieldwork ?

I remember 10 years ago when I was audit associate, the audit manager shake leg only and review file

Now I am audit manager, I have to do the saikang, cover everything, fieldwork...seem like more scope ...

I really remember my audit manager 10 years ago shake leg only

Unregistered 15-03-2024 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270821)
Why nowadays all the audit manager have to do the saikang and fieldwork ?

I remember 10 years ago when I was audit associate, the audit manager shake leg only and review file

Now I am audit manager, I have to do the saikang, cover everything, fieldwork...seem like more scope ...

I really remember my audit manager 10 years ago shake leg only

If you have no senior to tank for you lor :D

Unregistered 15-03-2024 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270838)
If you have no senior to tank for you lor :D

10 years ago

Wah all these audit managers shake leg because got guys born in 1980s to tank for them

Now 10 years later

Where are all the young blood born in 2000s and and late 90s to tank for us !!

Unregistered 15-03-2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270842)
10 years ago

Wah all these audit managers shake leg because got guys born in 1980s to tank for them

Now 10 years later

So unfair

We tank a lot of things when we were seniors

But now we managers the next batch of seniors aren’t as good as we were

Unregistered 15-03-2024 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270854)
So unfair

Economy. Pay **** negative wlb. Who wanna do audit when can be tech worker.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

So unfair

lol u wun have tis problem if you pay more

Unregistered 15-03-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

So unfair

pls lar. dun say until liddat. the current batch of managers also nowhere good. lmao leadership qualities....LOL

Unregistered 15-03-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

So unfair

Come on every batch is saying their junior batches suck.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

So unfair

Ya lor

I born in 1987

Tank alot of sai for my manager from 2013 to 2020

Now I am audit manager

No one no junior tank sai for me

I still need to wipe the butt of juniors

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270898)
Ya lor

I born in 1987

Tank alot of sai for my manager from 2013 to 2020

Now I am audit manager

No one no junior tank sai for me

I still need to wipe the butt of juniors

1987 if you now still only manager, is quite slow and lousy already

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270842)
10 years ago

Now 10 years later

I got 2 things to say to you.

One, hi uncle, how does it feel to be in your late 30s?

Two, you guys are the toxic batch that create this culture of working long hours and accepting it. If you guys spoke up against it sooner, it wouldn't be normalised. Now you dare to accuse the younger ones of not willing to follow your path? Pls, we are smarter than you.