Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2024 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272523)
There’s been a big culture change since Gen Z joined the workforce.

Staff are now walking out by 6:30pm regardless of status even if manager still around.

Yes, the associates are all leaving for dinner and not working at night.

Thats why us seniors and managers have to do their work and vouch as well... It wasnt like this last year. Roll forward also cant even do, we have to do it ourselves. Send queries also cannot, must do for them. Follow up also cannot, must do for them. Hire them for what? Better outsource to JB then, speed also equally slow and English equally bad for supposedly native speakers. At least the outsourcing team doesnt go to gym when you ask them to roll forward things and 8 hours later ask you how do I do that.

This is not wlb. This is letting other people pick up your slack because you refuse to do your work. It's like civil servants.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 02:22 PM

Associate Director Salary & JobScope - KPMG

Hi all,

I am considering a position with KPMG for associate director. I would like to understand the following information so please do guide me around the same.

1. Salary - What is the typical salary range. I am currently earning roughhly 280-300K at my current position with good worklife balance (the figure include Bonus & AWS). I wanted to understand if this is something that I can achieve or will definitely be lesser

2. Jobscope - For associate directors are they required to do. Would they require to be billable or do business development. could someone guide me on the same.

3. Work Life balance - I do understand that there is very little of the worklife balance in big4 but still would like to understand on how bad would it be.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272536)
Yes, the associates are all leaving for dinner and not working at night.

Thats why us seniors and managers have to do their work and vouch as well... It wasnt like this last year. Roll forward also cant even do, we have to do it ourselves. Send queries also cannot, must do for them. Follow up also cannot, must do for them. Hire them for what? Better outsource to JB then, speed also equally slow and English equally bad for supposedly native speakers. At least the outsourcing team doesnt go to gym when you ask them to roll forward things and 8 hours later ask you how do I do that.

This is not wlb. This is letting other people pick up your slack because you refuse to do your work. It's like civil servants.

My juniors have been super slow because they manually click everything instead of using keyboard shortcuts... Tell them to Ctrl C Ctrl V also cant enter their thick skull... Then every 10 mins must go on ig and whatsapp and tiktok. I gave up and tendered, gonna die if I have to continue wiping their ****.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272505)
Lol

Why you vouch so slow one?

1 hour 20 samples?

since so fast then u shud do it lor.

snr n mgr shud do it :D

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272543)
My juniors have been super slow because they manually click everything instead of using keyboard shortcuts... Tell them to Ctrl C Ctrl V also cant enter their thick skull... Then every 10 mins must go on ig and whatsapp and tiktok. I gave up and tendered, gonna die if I have to continue wiping their ****.

But the hr said b4 only hire the brillants mind and the best.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Same here. I feel you. My manager have to go to field to help out with the fieldwork and vouching. Really feel piss off with these.

I think i tender soon if I continue to help my juniors to clean up their work.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272549)
since so fast then u shud do it lor.

snr n mgr shud do it :D

You don't lame leh

Why should snr and mgr do it

We been thru all these vouching already for a few years.

Then why Big4 hire you sia?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Is it because you as senior or manager could not motivate your junior to do their work?

You didn't tell them this is their own career?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:41 PM

How come so many ppl here complain their associates cmi? The associates in my team are all hardworking and responsible individuals who fight among themselves to impress me as the senior. I think your problem mainly comes from how you treated your associates lo. I always tell my associates whether we’re going to OT and come to client’s place/go office depends on your work progress. I tell you. Their work is completed swee swee with minimal review points from me. Or maybe yall senior/manager everyday face black black show your associates attitude then they see your ugly face feeling dulan no motivation to work. LOL.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:51 PM

anybody know what is the EY HR email? i cant seem to find lol.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272558)
Is it because you as senior or manager could not motivate your junior to do their work?

You didn't tell them this is their own career?

Paycheck not enough motivation? Need colleagues to worship you to do your jobscope? Should have joined civil service through scholar track then.

We all wanna go home, idgaf what identity crisis you have, just actually work during your working hours or give the role to someone who wants to do it because they accept the reality that a 3k job is the best they can get.

Cannot stand my juniors who refuse to do work because they say they arent paid 6k like tech people. Who ask you too dumb to make it then? Suggested PIP also get told cannot PIP first years.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272577)
Paycheck not enough motivation? Need colleagues to worship you to do your jobscope? Should have joined civil service through scholar track then.

We all wanna go home, idgaf what identity crisis you have, just actually work during your working hours or give the role to someone who wants to do it because they accept the reality that a 3k job is the best they can get.

Cannot stand my juniors who refuse to do work because they say they arent paid 6k like tech people. Who ask you too dumb to make it then? Suggested PIP also get told cannot PIP first years.

pay 3k work more than 6k job.
u think ppl will do meh.
they not dumb, neither do i.
u r the dumb one who likes to kiss ur mgr and partner ass.

too bad, alr left within half yr to join a good place
and u still crying there abt associates not doing their job haha

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272554)
You don't lame leh

Why should snr and mgr do it

We been thru all these vouching already for a few years.

Then why Big4 hire you sia?

u also another one cry mother cry father.
if slow and u not happy, do it urself.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272577)

Don't call your colleagues dumb

They just don't understand the point of working hard

Unregistered 26-03-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272580)
pay 3k work more than 6k job.
u think ppl will do meh.
they not dumb, neither do i.
u r the dumb one who likes to kiss ur mgr and partner ass.

too bad, alr left within half yr to join a good place
and u still crying there abt associates not doing their job haha

why u accept the 3k job then, go accept the 6k job lol.

i'm kind of surprised at the number of people who are defending work ethics like that though. do people seriously think it's okay to dump your work on your colleagues? that's an asshole move regardless of industry and age. do you dump your paycheck on them too? at least my director buys us expensive snacks and gifts from overseas all the time in exchange for dumping last minute deadlines on us.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272550)
But the hr said b4 only hire the brillants mind and the best.

dont know how can be the best, even big 3 accountancy grads (which objectively are lower quality looking at the cutoff scores) dont want to join.

during my time no such thing as private uni entering as A1, they are usually mid joiners, not that i am elitist, but that at least was some form of QC.

now even non accounting grads being offered.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272593)
why u accept the 3k job then, go accept the 6k job lol.

i'm kind of surprised at the number of people who are defending work ethics like that though. do people seriously think it's okay to dump your work on your colleagues? that's an asshole move regardless of industry and age. do you dump your paycheck on them too? at least my director buys us expensive snacks and gifts from overseas all the time in exchange for dumping last minute deadlines on us.

well that period was covid times. accepted for awhile only. already long gone. why should i, from local uni, join this kind of job that any rubbish private cert or acca can join. oh btw poly joins too ew.

stop crying coz u cant get another job and now do associate job lor. kpkb only. im laughing now coz im in a better place alr.
just put a little effort in job search, definitely can get a good one.

work ethics in my dictionary doesn't include excessive OT. I do my job well during the working hours only.

hahahah.. give u few snacks and u so happy? that snacks per person dont even cost $10, and he ask u to OT for midnight? pls la use ur brain to calculate.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272598)
well that period was covid times. accepted for awhile only. already long gone. why should i, from local uni, join this kind of job that any rubbish private cert or acca can join. oh btw poly joins too ew.

stop crying coz u cant get another job and now do associate job lor. kpkb only. im laughing now coz im in a better place alr.
just put a little effort in job search, definitely can get a good one.

work ethics in my dictionary doesn't include excessive OT. I do my job well during the working hours only.

hahahah.. give u few snacks and u so happy? that snacks per person dont even cost $10, and he ask u to OT for midnight? pls la use ur brain to calculate.

covid is peak job market for fresh grads though... people are still getting lots of great IB and consulting offers even during covid period so you have to be really bad if all you're getting is offer for audit...

that said, i don't think you realize how bad the work ethics of some people are. i've seen people literally watching kdrama at work then kpkb when people complain about them. the worst is a girl who is perpetually on leave every time there's meetings so other people have to do her work for her...

anyway our OT is until 9pm only and that's max 3 days at a time. i'm happy to get japanese fruits, desserts, spare hampers, and expensive mooncakes and celebration meals in exchange for that. at least it shows that my boss knows OT after 6pm is bad instead of treating that as the norm. i've never heard of big 4 having a culture of thanking others for covering for them...

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272597)
dont know how can be the best, even big 3 accountancy grads (which objectively are lower quality looking at the cutoff scores) dont want to join.

during my time no such thing as private uni entering as A1, they are usually mid joiners, not that i am elitist, but that at least was some form of QC.

I think last time big4 only accept local uni NTU, NUS, SMU

Then say what audit listed co cannot let private uni grad touch or audit

Act until like very high class

Chey.

These job private uni also can do lah these days

Last time act one Yi Ge, act like big fug or high class say only local uni can do this job

Lame lor

Nowadays non accountancy grad also can do

Vouching mah

Say until so difficult last time lol

Big4 only need endure the long hours only

Now so many good opportunities

Lol

Local uni graduate can join bank or tech

Join simi big4 audit

Lame lah

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:02 PM

Nowadays SM in 40s need to rely on young blood in 20s to go field so vouching work

They not happy

Give you one middle finger and throw letter lor

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:04 PM

Quote:

I've already had 2 associates from NTU (1 non accounting, 1 accounting) who kept going off at 5pm for gym and never come back after that or start work at 10am due to gym and never log back on after 6pm... I think everyone with half a brain just went to study computer science so all we've got are some seriously messed up people. I don't want to OT either but if the schedule is designed based on 10 hour days of workload, it's not gonna be possible to complete them if you just work 7-8 hours since there's bound to be inefficiencies.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:05 PM

Some CFO act so high class

Say oh I don't want my CEO salary get audited by junior, senior, manager or senior manager

Say don't want CEO salary get audited by offshore auditor

Want salary get audited by partner level

Then pay more lah.....

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272605)
I've already had 2 associates from NTU (1 non accounting, 1 accounting) who kept going off at 5pm for gym and never come back after that or start work at 10am due to gym and never log back on after 6pm... I think everyone with half a brain just went to study computer science so all we've got are some seriously messed up people. I don't want to OT either but if the schedule is designed based on 10 hour days of workload, it's not gonna be possible to complete them if you just work 7-8 hours since there's bound to be inefficiencies.

Why leh?

Only know how to observe people behaviour?

Say them lah

Keep quiet only

How they know what u want?

Scare they scold u back and give u middle finger is it?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:15 PM

TBH I rather people who don't want to OT join other departments, and be the quota for JHKs who are willing to work in audit.

Have you guys ever worked with seniors who were clearly lazy when they were associates? They just dump everything on the associate after promoting.

Obviously I can resign but it's still a waste of my time finding a job, joining for a few months, then leaving, and spending months finding a job all over again.

And if I include this experience in my resume, it shows I can't even hang on a job for a year. If I don't include it, it looks as if I'm so lousy I couldn't get a job.

JHK English is really bad but I find that at least most of them are willing to take over from you if you can't cope. The local seniors I had were really salty about working in audit and are already super unfriendly from the first sentence.

Obviously not all of them are like that but those seniors I had were probably like that commenter who said he only joined audit because he couldn't find a job 3 years ago. Alright as a person but probably not a teammate you want when there's deadlines.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272608)
Why leh?

Only know how to observe people behaviour?

Say them lah

Keep quiet only

How they know what u want?

Scare they scold u back and give u middle finger is it?

Not OP but over half of the previous intern batch got negative reviews and a worrying number of associates have gotten PIP or were recommended for PIP.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:23 PM

Quote:

Give them a deadline for the tasks to be completed. If they can complete them, then don’t care what time they start or leave. Let them take ownership of their work.

Non accounting program … u meant kp ?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

because clients pay for partner signature only, who cares who does the groundwork and the firms finally realize that. don't make it obvious can already. no one is counting on auditors to catch fraud anyway and partners are the ones who advise on the new accounting policies anyway.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:44 PM

Quote:

lol we must have the same associate because that 5pm gym person sounds exactly like my previous associate, a real fantastic guy who never completes his given tasks

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:58 PM

Quote:

The one who keeps going to gym is it more yandao than you? I realise the new batch of associates know how to take care of their body well. Unlike the managers and seniors who are mostly bui bui munching their caipng at their desk and order kfc for dinner everyday when ot in office.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 01:09 AM

Quote:

a normal human efficiency at most is around 80% max.
it is the big4 fault for pushing the 10 to 12hr into 8 hr job.

thats why everyone just gave up.
the more snr and mgr tank, the happier the partners.

tank more, less rewards.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272610)
TBH I rather people who don't want to OT join other departments, and be the quota for JHKs who are willing to work in audit.

Have you guys ever worked with seniors who were clearly lazy when they were associates? They just dump everything on the associate after promoting.

Obviously I can resign but it's still a waste of my time finding a job, joining for a few months, then leaving, and spending months finding a job all over again.

And if I include this experience in my resume, it shows I can't even hang on a job for a year. If I don't include it, it looks as if I'm so lousy I couldn't get a job.

JHK English is really bad but I find that at least most of them are willing to take over from you if you can't cope. The local seniors I had were really salty about working in audit and are already super unfriendly from the first sentence.

Obviously not all of them are like that but those seniors I had were probably like that commenter who said he only joined audit because he couldn't find a job 3 years ago. Alright as a person but probably not a teammate you want when there's deadlines.

u just need to prep ur interviews to target these hard questions. the answers are about the same for all interviews, especially the qn on why r u leaving in less than a year, why are u looking for a new job etc.

The main thing is most big4 ppl join big4 and stay thr till manager and find it hard to get out because they lacked interview skills and also no commercial experience. why should ppl pay 7k for a person with no commercial exp?

Unregistered 27-03-2024 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272600)
covid is peak job market for fresh grads though... people are still getting lots of great IB and consulting offers even during covid period so you have to be really bad if all you're getting is offer for audit...

that said, i don't think you realize how bad the work ethics of some people are. i've seen people literally watching kdrama at work then kpkb when people complain about them. the worst is a girl who is perpetually on leave every time there's meetings so other people have to do her work for her...

anyway our OT is until 9pm only and that's max 3 days at a time. i'm happy to get japanese fruits, desserts, spare hampers, and expensive mooncakes and celebration meals in exchange for that. at least it shows that my boss knows OT after 6pm is bad instead of treating that as the norm. i've never heard of big 4 having a culture of thanking others for covering for them...

err for context, i tried IB interviews and it is not my liking. im not into long hours, but i want to be fairly paid for my normal working hours. that being said, the normal working hours pay in big4 just doesn't exist.

yes i know some bad work ethics. watching kdrama in working hours is a no go. However, if, the person finishes his / her tasks and the snr did not allocate more work, i dont think it is to blame on the associate too.

i do understand that sometimes the associate will look at their phones once in a while. i feel it is ok for that but not every 10 mins kind la. Unless the phone is needed to do work / msg client etc.

BUT DO NOT step into work ethics and use it as an excuse to make ppl OT like a pup. Rather, i feel this is just toxic. Just because others prioritize work life balance, doesnt mean he / she should OT together with you all and suffer.

The crux of this issue is the lack of manpower. Blame the HR and partner, not the associate. Period.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 02:13 AM

If there's 20 hours of task

Person A only do 8 hours

Person B has to take on that extra 2 hours of work to complete = 10 + 2 + 12 hours

2 hours might not seem a lot but when compared like this, person B has to work 4 extra hours compared to person A

Sure, person A deserves WLB like any human being but I don't think person B is any less deserving of WLB than person A

The workload is not going to magically disappear just because person A doesn't want to do it either

So the best is everyone take their fair share and OT a little so that everyone can go home earlier

Obviously you can say hire more but how to hire extra people in 1 day?

The problem is already in front of you and needs to be solved immediately

It's like saying no need firefighter to waste water to quell fire on a boat because hard work lah, by right mother nature should be pouring rain anyway.

Like no **** but the boat is already burning right now, who can wait for the rain to slowly pour if god decides 'ok i agree and give you rain'?

You don't mind getting burned but others mind, maybe should've let other people who are happy to help quell the flames onto the boat in the first place since everyone knows the boat will be on fire based on track record and need lots of people to put out flames.

No one is asking associates to work until 4am like we seniors have to, we don't even ask you guys to follow up after your booking ended for your sections, but can you all at least work until 8pm or 9pm so that it's 10 hours like the resource planning stated while you're booked on the job? Especially since you'll be taking breaks and eating 2 hour meals so the 10 hours is actually <8 hours of productive work.

We have done the same work you did before so we know how long it takes for someone doing it for the first time. I've also seen those videos telling people to pretend that they don't understand so that the task "takes longer" but they're actually done so that they can chill.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 07:25 AM

Seriously, how many samples you have in total for one audit engagement?

Why you all work so slow one?

Unregistered 27-03-2024 08:33 AM

Lol

Now all the seniors all scare juniors jeopardise their careers

Unregistered 27-03-2024 08:44 AM

Yall complaining about new batch not doing work properly? How about the overseas Philippines “talents” that are being forced on every audit engagement?

They are assigned the bare minimum that any human that can use a computer can do, takes their own sweet time to do what is assigned, and then when they do it wrongly, the managers assign RPs to the onshore team?

Taking up resources and 0 accountability yet certain big 4 firms (the one starting with E) are forcing them into every team. And top management uses their numbers to justify headcount when it benefits them during townhall.

Godbless audit in singapore @isca

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272640)
Yall complaining about new batch not doing work properly? How about the overseas Philippines “talents” that are being forced on every audit engagement?

They are assigned the bare minimum that any human that can use a computer can do, takes their own sweet time to do what is assigned, and then when they do it wrongly, the managers assign RPs to the onshore team?

Taking up resources and 0 accountability yet certain big 4 firms (the one starting with E) are forcing them into every team. And top management uses their numbers to justify headcount when it benefits them during townhall.

Lol my bro-in-law also encountered this

What my bro-in-law is tell this Philippines talented person not to touch or do anything

He say what you need to do is help the whole team to make coffee

Just let this person sit there do nothing and make coffee when needed

Ask the person go help to buy lunch and dinner

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272640)

ISCA is thrilled to be back in the Philippines!

We are pleased to announce that we have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) to foster collaborations through training and professional development of accountants in the Philippines. This partnership will also elevate the accounting profession and contribute to the growth and success of businesses.

ISCA CEO, Fann Kor, did a presentation to the PICPA, highlighting recent developments in Singapore's accounting landscape and explored more potential initiatives between both institutes.

ISCA also appointed an Approved Learning Centre, Lope Laranjo Bato & Co. CPAs (an accredited CPD provider by the Board of Accountancy) in the Philippines to collaborate on ISCA's Sustainability certifications and conduct joint seminars to support accounting profession in the region.

One of the highlights of the trip was the members' recognition ceremony where we welcomed new members to the ISCA family!
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to build bridges and create impactful partnerships across borders!

P/S: Happy belated birthday to Sir Abner Ty!

Teo Ser Luck

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:15 AM

HELP! I am an audit associate

But my vouching rate is very slow

How to improve my vouching speed?

I need to know what details to look at so I wouldn't time

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:16 AM

HELP! I am an audit associate

But my vouching rate is very slow

How to improve my vouching speed?

I need to know what details to look at so I wouldn't waste too much time on staring at the document