Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 09-02-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201801)
I sent my resume and they offered me to take the coding assessment within an hour. The first coding challenge was LC easy but they tweaked a little. The second coding assessment was actually LC medium which they tweaked it to be a little harder. I was surprised because it is rare to see companies asking LC medium LOL. (I had a tough time getting all the test cases right)

Anyone in TechTrek 4?

Unregistered 09-02-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202140)
Anyone in TechTrek 4?

which intake are you in?

Unregistered 09-02-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201825)
Anyone know anything about the young seeder internship? Is ot difficult to get into? Want to do some dev work relating to machine learning.

It sucks ass.

1.5k a month, 12 weeks so it's good for 1 semester worth only.

no you won't get to do machine learning, you will do some java springboot nonsense that's outdated af. high chances you will do some side project, like simple script or something. majority of my uni batch mates who went DBS ended up doing nothing the first 8 weeks and the last 4 weeks do some simple script.

worst internship ever. no conversion guarantees, no extension of internship, 1.5k a month to learn nothing and wear suit... da fuq?

Unregistered 09-02-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201753)
hi sorry !

i just got my techtrek invite :) dont lose hope ! jia youz !

When is TT4?

Unregistered 10-02-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202204)
It sucks ass.

no you won't get to do machine learning, you will do some java springboot nonsense that's outdated af. high chances you will do some side project, like simple script or something. majority of my uni batch mates who went DBS ended up doing nothing the first 8 weeks and the last 4 weeks do some simple script.

worst internship ever. no conversion guarantees, no extension of internship, 1.5k a month to learn nothing and wear suit... da fuq?

there are no gurantees in life except taxes and death

Unregistered 11-02-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202185)
which intake are you in?

Not sure, i just applied on Monday.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

It sucks ass.

Spring boot is not outdated af please. It lets you create standalone applications which you call it "side projects". So dont come here to troll and say it sucks ass.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202493)
Spring boot is not outdated af please. It lets you create standalone applications which you call it "side projects". So dont come here to troll and say it sucks ass.

bro u want counter argue at least state some facts lah

wtf u say it lets u create standalone apps... simi lj? so what ?

can create standalone apps means its not outdated ? u ok bro ?

anyway,

java spring is not outdated because IBM / AWS still uses it for backend, big corporates with decades of use will keep using them because its expensive to phase them out for whatever stupid reason . it makes 0 business sense

so learn spring if u want , i dont know wtf does dbs internship do but the framework is quite good.

this is how u counter argue, moron , state some impt facts next time instead of some nonsense .

Unregistered 11-02-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

It sucks ass.

Actually, got some ml positions available...

Unregistered 11-02-2022 07:05 PM

any one offered? still stuck on completed or selection?