Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 13-05-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217696)
im just glad i had secured another offer after waiting a month since tt4 lol i dont know what happened, maybe my background check failed but i doubt it since ST engineering and NCS both offered me and i am 100% sure NCS has background check since they ask for documents and internship referrals before they even gave me an offer

ST engineering and NCS pays less right? One of my TT5 group mates is a current full time swe at NCS and he wants to jump to SEED

Unregistered 13-05-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217696)
im just glad i had secured another offer after waiting a month since tt4 lol i dont know what happened, maybe my background check failed but i doubt it since ST engineering and NCS both offered me and i am 100% sure NCS has background check since they ask for documents and internship referrals before they even gave me an offer

Anyways did you also get shortlisted email but then no follow ups?

Unregistered 13-05-2022 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217703)
ST engineering and NCS pays less right? One of my TT5 group mates is a current full time swe at NCS and he wants to jump to SEED

ST Engineering yes, got offered like 4.7k or something close to that but NCS offered me 62k annual which is about 5.16k a month? this seed is 5k right so ncs is higher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217704)
Anyways did you also get shortlisted email but then no follow ups?

no i didnt get shortlisted which was why i looked elsewhere

so no shortlisted email, got this networking email and before that i got the email telling me to try the next TT. hope this clear things up

Unregistered 13-05-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217713)
ST Engineering yes, got offered like 4.7k or something close to that but NCS offered me 62k annual which is about 5.16k a month? this seed is 5k right so ncs is higher

so no shortlisted email, got this networking email and before that i got the email telling me to try the next TT. hope this clear things up

glad to know that you got a better offer somewhere else, all the best and thanks for the replies

Unregistered 13-05-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217714)
glad to know that you got a better offer somewhere else, all the best and thanks for the replies

not the above guy but my advice is if you are still waiting on offer letter or have not been shortlisted, continue sending out applications instead of just sitting on your hands waiting for smth to happen from DBS.

Unregistered 13-05-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217713)

Is your degree first class to get an offer of 5.16k for NCS?

Unregistered 13-05-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217746)

not the OP but nope you dont have to get FCH for that pay in NCS. I would argue ~5k is the average for tech roles these days. Even arguably some non tech roles as well.

Unregistered 14-05-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217714)

yeah no problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217746)

no but i do have about 1 YOE in software development and internship at shopee. my current pay 5.8k is also higher and NCS asked for my payslip so they are well aware.

im looking around because my company keeps reorging and im getting pushed to work with some trash tech stack like PERL that i have 0 fking interest in sometime next month.

so i rather get lowballed and work with JS / python at NCS.

Unregistered 14-05-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217815)
yeah no problem

no but i do have about 1 YOE in software development and internship at shopee. my current pay 5.8k is also higher and NCS asked for my payslip so they are well aware.

im looking around because my company keeps reorging and im getting pushed to work with some trash tech stack like PERL that i have 0 fking interest in sometime next month.

so i rather get lowballed and work with JS / python at NCS.

Lol pls dont. Ncs dosent use open source tools like python. You’ll be using those vendor crap tools…go to a tech/fintech company

Unregistered 14-05-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217819)
Lol pls dont. Ncs dosent use open source tools like python. You’ll be using those vendor crap tools…go to a tech/fintech company

LOL why are yall talking about NCS here. NCS workplace culture is toxic af. you can cross check on forums / reddit