Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 01-03-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114295)
Sour grapes everywhere. My friend told me to drop by this forum and this thread especially to observe how the lesser fortunate citizens disbelieves one and other. True enough, the lesser fortunate ones have failed to score better grades, could have passed out from a local university, but earning lower than someone who graduated from SIT for example. Further, the poor kids we have this self inferiority complex has led themselves to shut off from the world, recognising and submittig to the government that Civil Service pay is rubbish and no one gets such a good progression.

P.S. I enjoy my time here and even taking the effort to reply during my break time.

bro, not a good idea. you are highly unproductive and doing meaningless job during your break time. I do not approve it.

Unregistered 01-03-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114306)
Agree to some extent. Civil service can be a good place to be in if you want a stable life. There is nothing wrong about this. I do have some friends who left civil service after a few years.It is up to individual's preference and career goals.

Question: Your written English is terrible. Is this the result of staying in civil service for too long?

Oh yes, all the while it has been that bad! especially poor capitalization,poor gram, limited vocab, and many more! And my bank account is so rich! 🤣🤣🤣

Unregistered 01-03-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114309)
bro, not a good idea. you are highly unproductive and doing meaningless job during your break time. I do not approve it.

Hahahahaha, it is 'sis' btw, not bro. Uhhh, perhaps it is just time better spent as compared to others slogging out? 😏 perhaps it is just stubborn peeps who have to end up slogging their way till no end 🤔

Unregistered 01-03-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114313)
Oh yes, all the while it has been that bad! especially poor capitalization,poor gram, limited vocab, and many more! And my bank account is so rich! 🤣🤣🤣

Good to keep cash for emergency. But you need to learn some investment tools to create wealth.

Unregistered 01-03-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114314)
Hahahahaha, it is 'sis' btw, not bro. Uhhh, perhaps it is just time better spent as compared to others slogging out? 😏 perhaps it is just stubborn peeps who have to end up slogging their way till no end 🤔

In that case, I won't call you sis.
At this point, I would like to know your a/s/l.
Thank you.

Unregistered 02-03-2019 10:13 AM

Omg seriously? 5.9k at 30 yo or so and ppl are saying it's too high? Gosh civil service must really pays like crap.

Unregistered 02-03-2019 10:57 AM

If the bonus is from 4 to 6 months, then 5.9k is decent. Depends on job function too.

Unregistered 02-03-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114329)
If the bonus is from 4 to 6 months, then 5.9k is decent. Depends on job function too.

Yea decent package but it is no where near out-of-the-world kind of pay scale that some earlier posters perceived it to be. IB aside, many tech firms and FMCGs offer similar 100k and above per annual packages with much better corporate benefits (e.g. biz class for >6hr travel whereas only Director paygrade & above can do in CS, extensive medical and insurance, flexi-benefits for spouse etc.). Not mentioning those coys offer better career progression and optionalities in other companies compared to CS.

Unregistered 02-03-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114333)
Yea decent package but it is no where near out-of-the-world kind of pay scale that some earlier posters perceived it to be. IB aside, many tech firms and FMCGs offer similar 100k and above per annual packages with much better corporate benefits (e.g. biz class for >6hr travel whereas only Director paygrade & above can do in CS, extensive medical and insurance, flexi-benefits for spouse etc.). Not mentioning those coys offer better career progression and optionalities in other companies compared to CS.

Yes I agree on the travel portion. My friend from a govt regulator takes economy class. Whereas my company is business class policy.

Likewise it is true for 100k packages and corporate benefits.

Unregistered 02-03-2019 01:27 PM

One important advantage the CS has over other tech firms, MNC etc is the stability it offers
Have anyone ever heard of retrenchment in the CS? Or the need to let go of ppl because of re-organisation (eg: shifting of HQ to other countries?). Moreover, the pay will only increase for CS over your length of service. It is unlikely that you will get a pay-cut (unless you get a demotion due to verrrry serious offence committed). This stability will only get more valuable as you age (where in the pte sector you risk getting replaced due to you being old and expensive). So, if the CS package is decent and comparable to the tech firms, MNCs etc but just losing out on things like business class travel for.overseas work trip, I am prepared to choose CS anytime. Haha. If you are capable enough to reach superscale grade in CS, you get the pay, fringe benefits and stability all at the same time.