Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 15-03-2017 10:03 AM

Just receive the email that notification advice will be through [email protected] on 18.03.17 and payout on 21.03.17

Unregistered 15-03-2017 01:50 PM

PB
 
Any idea of nea grading payout system ? i know it is gross x grade right ?

Unregistered 15-03-2017 02:49 PM

So interesting!

I learnt that in MOE, there's no point in comparing PBs. Depending on how the school allocates the budget, a C grade in one school may earn you 2.5 mths of bonus while a C grade in another school may only get you 1.5 mths. Anyone here experienced enough to comment on this to confirm if what I learnt was true?

Unregistered 15-03-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95606)
So interesting!

I learnt that in MOE, there's no point in comparing PBs. Depending on how the school allocates the budget, a C grade in one school may earn you 2.5 mths of bonus while a C grade in another school may only get you 1.5 mths. Anyone here experienced enough to comment on this to confirm if what I learnt was true?


Yes, it is true. Every school may get the same but not every teacher draws the same amount of money even if they are in the same grade. A school with more older/experienced teachers may give out less to the younger teachers because the older teachers take a larger bite out of the pie. A school with fewer experienced teachers will give out more to the young teachers. A similar formula is used to calculate the increment too.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 09:12 AM

Bonus
 
My progress:

2015, mx13: C
2016, mx12: B
2017, mx11: C+

How am I faring?

Unregistered 16-03-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95620)
Yes, it is true. Every school may get the same but not every teacher draws the same amount of money even if they are in the same grade. A school with more older/experienced teachers may give out less to the younger teachers because the older teachers take a larger bite out of the pie. A school with fewer experienced teachers will give out more to the young teachers. A similar formula is used to calculate the increment too.

Oh wow, thanks! That was very insightful. Guess the younger teachers in the school like myself will be getting peanuts. My school has an exceptionally high number of STs, SH/LH and HODs. D:

Unregistered 16-03-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95629)
My progress:

2015, mx13: C
2016, mx12: B
2017, mx11: C+

How am I faring?

Wow are you from ministry or stat board? I know in some ministries, you need min. 2 Bs (in consecutive to promote).

You're promoted yearly since 2015, I must say, you're doing well.

Unregistered 17-03-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95632)
Oh wow, thanks! That was very insightful. Guess the younger teachers in the school like myself will be getting peanuts. My school has an exceptionally high number of STs, SH/LH and HODs. D:

This may not necessarily be so. You need to take into account the substantive grade of each officer. In my school, for instance, many LHs and HODs are GEO 4 or GEO 5. It means that there is a high chance some of the young teachers may get higher PB. One P in a neighborhood JC prefers to give more to young teachers than the experienced one. But generally, the previous post is largely true. It is an art to make sure every single cent is spent. Pray that your P may give the highest quantum to you.

Unregistered 18-03-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95629)
My progress:

2015, mx13: C
2016, mx12: B
2017, mx11: C+

How am I faring?


Lousy grades is all I can say

Unregistered 18-03-2017 01:56 AM

Hi,

If I was just promoted to a new grade in MOE, is the PB a default C? Or can be higher.

Thanks.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2