Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209794)
Should I go talk to my RO if I am upset with my PG?

Yes. Provided you can show for it. Ideally, you should be a very high performer and have a good reputation at least within your team.

Will it change your grade this year? No.

But it may really pay off at future rankings if you continue to perform.

Strategically planned grumblings to bosses have really paid off for me. With my current new role, I don't feel on top of things as I did previously so I have chosen to lie low. Pick your battles carefully.

If you are not a high performer or are not well liked on your team, it will likely backfire. Think "so jialat still dare to complain about grading!" kinda reactions at your next screw up.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209802)
My colleagues say I'm performing well but I get default C grade..

maybe those colleagues got B 😬

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209622)
Does it matter ? It doesn’t change the quantum that you will be receiving.

It is incorrect. Within each grade, there is a graduated value (eg. B- to B+) which will affect the quantum amount.

I have gotten from B-, 3.2 months to B+, 4 months.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209794)
Should I go talk to my RO if I am upset with my PG?

It must be a constructive talk, not just shout at him/her 'why is my grading like ???'.

Eg. Where did I under-perform? What can I do? etc. It is also a planning session for 2022. Note it down, do it. If the grading still does improve after your actions, I suggest you quit and find another job.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:53 AM

Now the new competencies grading system makes it easier for you to list out why you should get better grades. So use that as your proof and bargaining chips.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

You performed well but what you did well is within your jobscope? Did you spearhead any new projects or you did something out of your jobscope? Another reason is you may have other fierce competition of same rank so you get the default C. Which means you are performing proficiently in your job, this isn’t a bad grade.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209840)
It is incorrect. Within each grade, there is a graduated value (eg. B- to B+) which will affect the quantum amount.

I have gotten from B-, 3.2 months to B+, 4 months.

No lah, they generalise the grading ie B because they don’t want pple to compare. At the same time, general grading make those getting C- feel better. Quantum ant is tagged to individual PB grade ie C+ grader gets higher quantum amt than C grader, but statement will reflect as “C” only. Btw, which Min or SB you’re from ? Never hear of B- before.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:34 AM

Increment

May i know if the payslip will show the amount of promotion increment and merit increment? Or is it lumped together? Wondering if there is a fixed promotion increment from 11 to 11A and typically how much is it. (First-time promotee in CS here)

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209854)
May i know if the payslip will show the amount of promotion increment and merit increment? Or is it lumped together? Wondering if there is a fixed promotion increment from 11 to 11A and typically how much is it. (First-time promotee in CS here)

Congrats ! Payslip will only reflect your revised salary. No breakdown of promo and merit increment. How you know you are promoted ? Notified by boss or what ?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Transfer and move on