Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2022 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209291)
Hi does anyone know what is the range for C performance bonus? Is it lower than 1.45 this year?

It depends on your grading….fyi

Unregistered 20-03-2022 08:52 AM

what is the range for pb (geo4 with c)?

Unregistered 20-03-2022 10:55 AM

PB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209283)
No they will only show B, they won't show B- or B+. The only way you can find out if you get B- or B+ is to find out from same grade colleagues and see what is their quantum.

So u won’t be able to tell from the PB letter whether u get B-, B or B+?
All of it will just appear as B in the PB letter?

Unregistered 20-03-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209337)
So u won’t be able to tell from the PB letter whether u get B-, B or B+?
All of it will just appear as B in the PB letter?

You from where ? Min or SB ? If you think there’s discrepancy, go clarify with your boss loh

Unregistered 20-03-2022 12:53 PM

Same grade for 4 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209159)
Usually if there's good news, bosses would want to share to retain staff. So if you haven't received any news by next week, it's very unlikely you got promoted.

Hi all, I would appreciate advice on what I am experiencing.
I have been getting the same grade C for four years. Bosses have told me they will give me a B at ranking but when the letter comes out it’s been a C.
FYI in my M they grade on a curve and I am an Mx10

Question - does this mean I have hit my ceiling? I hear that from some of my friends and they say either I leave the service or be prepared to take on all the non- high profile projects and work like a dog in the service to just stay on.

I am prepared to leave but wanted your views on whether you think it’s game over at my M for me. Btw- I tried to ask for my CEP several times and each time it has been declined.

Kim possible 20-03-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209356)
I have been getting the same grade C for four years. Bosses have told me they will give me a B at ranking but when the letter comes out it’s been a C.

Question - does this mean I have hit my ceiling? I hear that from some of my friends and they say either I leave the service or be prepared to take on all the non- high profile projects and work like a dog in the service to just stay on.

I am prepared to leave but wanted your views on whether you think it’s game over at my M for me. Btw- I tried to ask for my CEP several times and each time it has been declined.

Promotion and performance grades are not entirely related. You can still get b b b but doesn't mean you will get promoted if they think you can't perform at a higher grade.

What u mean must work like dog to stay on? There's no reason to fire you if you maintain your current performance.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 01:05 PM

Mx11 c 1.95 :/

Unregistered 20-03-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

You should be upfront with your boss about career progression and the division's plan for you to move up the ladder. 4 years is a long time to stagnate and you need to plan for your exit opportunities if you don't intend to simply coast and retire in same job until 65 years old.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

At higher MX, it is harder to get B grade unless you have accomplishments at work.
C grade is norm. Moreover, given your current MX10, pay not bad already mah, still want to complain what ?? MX14 with lower salary getting B grade vs MX10 getting C grade, who gets more ?? Use your coconut and think.. Work like a dog in the service to stay on ?? That’s shows you are working hard, and not working smart. Clearly, you are not a thinker..

Unregistered 20-03-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Mx10 per annum around 150K thereabouts. If invest wisely, can retire earlier. Keep your job and do average good enough. Early retirement is the goal, don’t think too much about career advancement.