Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 29-03-2022 12:53 PM

Is there any chance of pay increment if jump from one public sector to another?

Unregistered 29-03-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211055)
Is there any chance of pay increment if jump from one public sector to another?

if transfer of svc, no unless the scheme is vastly different.

if resign and join, minimal so as to offset your loss of bonus

Unregistered 29-03-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211021)
Receive promo letter but my pay only promoted to the minimum base salary of MX11A. Is this normal? Personally thought will be higher than base salary of the scheme..

How many years were u on mx11 before the promo to 11a?

Unregistered 29-03-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211021)
Receive promo letter but my pay only promoted to the minimum base salary of MX11A. Is this normal? Personally thought will be higher than base salary of the scheme..

You got your promo letter from your boss? Or from HRP

Unregistered 29-03-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210731)
A fresh grad here who just entered civil service. will like to ask, if civil service bosses will prefer Yes Man, obedient kind of people to lead, or people who constantly feedback and seek to change and improve stuff type?

constructive comments please.

I am a middle mgmt and I prefer my team to be yes men. Makes it easier to do things.

Unregistered 29-03-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211163)
I am a middle mgmt and I prefer my team to be yes men. Makes it easier to do things.

cringe bro

Unregistered 29-03-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

That's small-minded. It's always better to have an intuitive team that knows what to do and when to flag issues or questions. Or who even question your instructions and provide even better ways of doing a task when they have one.

Always found it a joy to have such team members rather than mindless robots who need input for each and every step. Those kinds tend not to have any common sense and will make you angry.

Well maybe not you lol.

Unregistered 30-03-2022 02:18 AM

Quote:

Not only yes men. Yes women too! Easier to bring hotel!

Unregistered 30-03-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211214)
Not only yes men. Yes women too! Easier to bring hotel!

You are disgusting

Unregistered 30-03-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211193)
That's small-minded. It's always better to have an intuitive team that knows what to do and when to flag issues or questions. Or who even question your instructions and provide even better ways of doing a task when they have one.

Always found it a joy to have such team members rather than mindless robots who need input for each and every step. Those kinds tend not to have any common sense and will make you angry.

Well maybe not you lol.

Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the most sound responses thus far. It also takes a lot of confidence and moral courage to work with people with diverse views and not being afraid to be challenged when an alternative is better.

Reading the other comments on this thread on this topic made me wonder at the number of sycophants who have been promoted to the point of incompetence and wasting taxpayers’ money.