Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-01-2024 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266219)
this is rly helpful! thank you!! any idea if during the one year contract period, whether performance bonus or merit increment will be affected shld i go on maternity leave for 16 weeks?

Imagine you are the boss...1 employee just came in and only on 1 year contract...then not around for 4 months...basically only around for 8 months as a newbie

If the boss is kind, you'll probably get the lowest band of the average grade, which means minimal increment. May decide not to renew your contract after 1 year

If the boss is not so nice, you'll get a below average grade, which means the lowest increment. Definitely won't renew your contract.

Pray for a good boss I guess? Public sector advocate for people to give birth and all, but any superior can use other reasons to render you unnecessary if you don't hit KPI or produce results (regardless of whether its directly or indirectly due to your maternity leave).

Unregistered 22-01-2024 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266237)
Imagine you are the boss...1 employee just came in and only on 1 year contract...then not around for 4 months...basically only around for 8 months as a newbie

If the boss is kind, you'll probably get the lowest band of the average grade, which means minimal increment. May decide not to renew your contract after 1 year

If the boss is not so nice, you'll get a below average grade, which means the lowest increment. Definitely won't renew your contract.

Pray for a good boss I guess? Public sector advocate for people to give birth and all, but any superior can use other reasons to render you unnecessary if you don't hit KPI or produce results (regardless of whether its directly or indirectly due to your maternity leave).

Thanks very much for the insights!! Agree with the scenarios you have listed and can only hope for the best! I was offered the role when I was already pregnant so they were actually aware of my situation beforehand but still decided to proceed with the one year contract. But I’m fine either way cause I’m also not sure if I want to stay in govt sector or go back to private. However, if they do not want to renew my contract, would I still receive any PB in March (assuming the grade I receive does have some PB under normal circumstances)? Or would I not be graded at all since they are not intending to renew?

Unregistered 22-01-2024 10:50 PM

Quote:

thanks for the insights!! agree with the scenarios you have listed although they do know of my pregnancy when offering me the role. Should they not want to renew my contract, would I still get any PB (assuming my performance is actly decent during the months where i’m working)?

Unregistered 29-01-2024 10:02 AM

When is performance bonus is credited to salary?

Unregistered 30-01-2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266813)
When is performance bonus is credited to salary?

In last week of March

Unregistered 31-01-2024 12:47 AM

Quote:

what is consider below average grade? and how much PB and merit increment will there be?

Unregistered 31-01-2024 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267090)
what is consider below average grade? and how much PB and merit increment will there be?

Anything below C is below average. PB and merit increment will depend on the grade

Unregistered 31-01-2024 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267097)
Anything below C is below average. PB and merit increment will depend on the grade

if C- how many months PB and how many % merit increment?

Unregistered 01-02-2024 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267194)
if C- how many months PB and how many % merit increment?

Should be 1.1 to 1.5 months

Guest HRP 02-02-2024 12:53 AM

Confirmation increment

Hi, I will be confirmed next month. Can check what's the usual increment bonus like for mx12, and if I can get the pro-rated annual increment in Apr too? Thank you

Unregistered 03-02-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267325)
Should be 1.1 to 1.5 months

what about % of merit increment for C- grade?

Unregistered 06-02-2024 10:11 PM

How to determine the grading given based on performance appraisal alone

I have a question in regards to performance appraisal in civil service:

Is performance grading based on the meeting/exceeding the 6-8 pointers in the appraisal form?
For instance, having being ‘assessed’ as exceeding up to 4-5 out of 8 pointer in the forms by superior; does this mean possible PB grading of at least B and above?

Unregistered 08-02-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267734)

Is performance grading based on the meeting/exceeding the 6-8 pointers in the appraisal form?
For instance, having being ‘assessed’ as exceeding up to 4-5 out of 8 pointer in the forms by superior; does this mean possible PB grading of at least B and above?

No. You first need to give way to the people that need to promote first. PSC scholars, normal scholars and people who may have been in service for a long time the boss feels "is about time" that they promote.

Once those people are given the quota, then they will look at what remains and just see if they are going to give it to you compared to other people.

Unregistered 08-02-2024 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267734)

Technically these are ********….if they want to promote u…..anything also can

Unregistered 11-02-2024 10:33 PM

Hi all,

I joined the service at MX12 and have the default C during my first year, and C+ for the next 2 years.

Have not been promoted yet or had any title change to "Senior XX". Can i check what is usual progression for a normal farmer? I heard some of my colleagues had title change to "Senior XX" after 3 years.

Is C+ a sign that they recognise my hard work but does not want to promote me because i am not a scholar?

I'm in my 4th year now and wondering if at this rate, there is even a chance at being promoting.

Unregistered 11-02-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268158)
Hi all,

I joined the service at MX12 and have the default C during my first year, and C+ for the next 2 years.

Have not been promoted yet or had any title change to "Senior XX". Can i check what is usual progression for a normal farmer? I heard some of my colleagues had title change to "Senior XX" after 3 years.

Is C+ a sign that they recognise my hard work but does not want to promote me because i am not a scholar?

I'm in my 4th year now and wondering if at this rate, there is even a chance at being promoting.

See if there's any promo in April. If still don't have, maybe it's time to explore other options...

Unregistered 12-02-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

You joined immediately after graduation? Or do you have some years of experience elsewhere first?

Always thought uni grad join at MX13 first...

Unregistered 12-02-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

means u r not good enough for Bs

Unregistered 12-02-2024 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268188)
You joined immediately after graduation? Or do you have some years of experience elsewhere first?

Always thought uni grad join at MX13 first...

Had 1yr+ experience in an unrelated industry

Unregistered 12-02-2024 03:33 PM

MAS bonus good anot??

Unregistered 15-02-2024 12:34 AM

Confirmation

My 1 year mark is coming up next month. When will HR notify me if I am confirmed or not? My bosses have submitted their input. Thank you

Unregistered 15-02-2024 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267450)
what about % of merit increment for C- grade?

0.5 months onwards

Unregistered 21-02-2024 07:51 PM

MX13 to MX12

Anyone knows MX13 to MX12 for fresh grads after 1 year, promotion increment + merit increment about how much?

Unregistered 22-02-2024 08:25 AM

two hundred dollars

Unregistered 04-03-2024 12:38 AM

I'm an MX12. Received a C+, B, A in the past 3 years. "A" is the most recent one. Will I be promoted to 11 or 11a?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:17 AM

I’m a MX11, still pending emplacement at the end of the year. But I was just informed informally that I have gotten a C+ for my performance this year. Is this considered good?
And what will be the expected salary increment and pb?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269732)
I’m a MX11, still pending emplacement at the end of the year. But I was just informed informally that I have gotten a C+ for my performance this year. Is this considered good?

C+ is a fantastic result
Creme de la creme

You can expect 6-8mths bonus
And 10-15% increment

Unregistered 04-03-2024 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269733)
C+ is a fantastic result
Creme de la creme

You can expect 6-8mths bonus
And 10-15% increment

wow, that seems a lot. are you sure?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

Try getting Bs and As first?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269743)

must be dreaming

Unregistered 04-03-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269743)

Ya I think this person is trolling ..

Unregistered 04-03-2024 04:29 PM

Quote:

C is default, B is good. C+ is something in between - it also means bosses fought for you because its easier to just give a C.

Depending on Performance Grades, merit increments are typically between 3-5%. Performance bonus wise for grade 11, I can't recall off hand but a C is 2 months, B is 3 months. So C+ will be somewhere in between.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269756)
C is default, B is good. C+ is something in between - it also means bosses fought for you because its easier to just give a C.

Depending on Performance Grades, merit increments are typically between 3-5%. Performance bonus wise for grade 11, I can't recall off hand but a C is 2 months, B is 3 months. So C+ will be somewhere in between.

Hope this helps.

C is 2 months and C+ 2.5 and B 3.5

Unregistered 04-03-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269765)
C is 2 months and C+ 2.5 and B 3.5

different ministries and agencies will probably have a different range

i think some places only around 2.5 months for B

2 months for C+

1.5 months for C

Unregistered 04-03-2024 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269723)
I'm an MX12. Received a C+, B, A in the past 3 years. "A" is the most recent one. Will I be promoted to 11 or 11a?

why they never promote you in your 'A' year?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269774)
why they never promote you in your 'A' year?

"A" is this Mar's grade. Just confirmed.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269782)
"A" is this Mar's grade. Just confirmed.

Should be promotion year le

Matt 05-03-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

One year in service what u expect. C+ consider not bad liao
I presume is from pte sector joining ps

Unregistered 05-03-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 269803)
One year in service what u expect. C+ consider not bad liao
I presume is from pte sector joining ps

Yes u r right.. haha. I was expecting default C cos heard that before emplacement will not be graded?

Unregistered 05-03-2024 03:37 PM

when is announcement of PB?