Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2024 06:48 PM

Is it possible for a pregnant lady to get a rating above C+ then?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273258)

Why not? Many have. But it's not easy, because the lady has 8 months of achievements compared to someone's 12 months of achievements.

It's not a sexist thing. If you remove the gender, and person A has achieved 8 milestones in a year, while person B achieved 10 milestones, all other things aside, it's only fair to award person B the better grade isn't it?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273267)
Why not? Many have. But it's not easy, because the lady has 8 months of achievements compared to someone's 12 months of achievements.

It's not a sexist thing. If you remove the gender, and person A has achieved 8 milestones in a year, while person B achieved 10 milestones, all other things aside, it's only fair to award person B the better grade isn't it?

Some more person B may have to cover person A while the latter is away. Is it fair to person B?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273270)
Some more person B may have to cover person A while the latter is away. Is it fair to person B?

Govt need to promote giving birth. If Govt can’t award a good grade for female giving birth, then who want to give birth?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273277)
Govt need to promote giving birth. If Govt can’t award a good grade for female giving birth, then who want to give birth?

haha then where is the merit? the 4mth leave and the monetary handouts are the award

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Yes, it is all about how you want to approach this and also what kind of mindset you had about pregnancy and maternity leave. I have colleagues who value their career path as much hence, even on maternity leave they still continue to do some work at home. Their effort was recognised.

I have also seen some who just want to fully utilise all their benefit and boss have to activate another person to cover their job from pregnancy till come back from maternity leave. In this case, of course, they got the bare minimum.

It is not about sexist, more of one's choice.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

If you are the op, then that explains why u got d.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 10:03 PM

Quote:

What logic. Since when is giving birth a performance indicator in appraisal report? Based on your logic, mothers with boys should be scored higher?

Might as well say govt should reward mothers with free houses and pay for all expenses of children until they are 18 or 21 to promote giving birth.

Maybe the D given to "your friend" is really due to poor performance.

Agree with another poster on additional justification required to HR for poor performance. No boss will willingly give D unless they are really super pissed off with a staff that they have totally given up on.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 11:34 PM

Quote:

Yes, my RO was an asst director and went on maternity last year. Just came back and got redesignated to deputy director (basically skipped 2 ranks) and also got promoted

Unregistered 31-03-2024 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273315)
Yes, my RO was an asst director and went on maternity last year. Just came back and got redesignated to deputy director (basically skipped 2 ranks) and also got promoted

Skipped 1 rank*

Unregistered 01-04-2024 09:13 AM

what's your pb for this year?

Is your pb within your expectation?

Unregistered 01-04-2024 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273371)
Is your pb within your expectation?

Lesser by 0.3 months

Unregistered 01-04-2024 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273300)
What logic. Since when is giving birth a performance indicator in appraisal report? Based on your logic, mothers with boys should be scored higher?

Might as well say govt should reward mothers with free houses and pay for all expenses of children until they are 18 or 21 to promote giving birth.

Maybe the D given to "your friend" is really due to poor performance.

Agree with another poster on additional justification required to HR for poor performance. No boss will willingly give D unless they are really super pissed off with a staff that they have totally given up on.

your scenario is based on the norm situation. there are some co management who are just bias and only reserved good grades to their pets. there are also bosses who don't even bother to fight for their staff. management can find all sorts of excuses so as to give a poor grades to their staff. seen and been through it myself. management trying to kick out many old staff and hire new youngsters in and find faults with all these older staff. op is just trying to ask whether there is any ways to appeal so it's not just one sided story. since justifications are required, HR ought to let her know the reasons why that grade was given. she has every rights to know

Unregistered 04-04-2024 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273425)
your scenario is based on the norm situation. there are some co management who are just bias and only reserved good grades to their pets. there are also bosses who don't even bother to fight for their staff. management can find all sorts of excuses so as to give a poor grades to their staff. seen and been through it myself. management trying to kick out many old staff and hire new youngsters in and find faults with all these older staff. op is just trying to ask whether there is any ways to appeal so it's not just one sided story. since justifications are required, HR ought to let her know the reasons why that grade was given. she has every rights to know

is the boss some old woman unmarried nobody wants kind? maybe old virgin. May this kind cannot see other people happy family then discriminate.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273808)
is the boss some old woman unmarried nobody wants kind? maybe old virgin. May this kind cannot see other people happy family then discriminate.

Don't be sexist la..you think only unmarried women will do so? Men also will have their favouritism, be it married or unmarried. Single and unmarried don't equate to nobody wants. If find a man sounds like you i think any female would rather be just be single leh.

Unregistered 07-04-2024 07:33 PM

Does there need to be strong justification to give a C+ instead of C? Wonder how common it is for a C+ to be given.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:13 AM

looking for a check on my logic. mx11, managed a B, MI is almost 12%. Not promoted.
is it a system glitch, or am i so far behind in the salary range the system is correcting this to something more normal for my years of experience (9 years work experience, 7 in public svc). any insight into this much appreciated.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274248)
looking for a check on my logic. mx11, managed a B, MI is almost 12%. Not promoted.
is it a system glitch, or am i so far behind in the salary range the system is correcting this to something more normal for my years of experience (9 years work experience, 7 in public svc). any insight into this much appreciated.

How much are you drawing? Pre MI and Post MI.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274249)
How much are you drawing? Pre MI and Post MI.

OP here. 5.8 v 6.6. don't get me wrong, am happy and by no means a flex.
intrigued coz the amount is more than what i got when i was promoted. concerned coz if it is a correction, suggests ive been shortchanged/if i need to brace for extremely small increments going forth if i dont promote. =p

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274254)
OP here. 5.8 v 6.6. don't get me wrong, am happy and by no means a flex.
intrigued coz the amount is more than what i got when i was promoted. concerned coz if it is a correction, suggests ive been shortchanged/if i need to brace for extremely small increments going forth if i dont promote. =p

Seems like a glitch. You can check in with your HR. The MI is too high. Even promotion amount is way lower too.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:03 PM

What the pay bump normally for mx 13 to mx 12? Does it include merit increment?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:26 PM

How long does it typically take to ho from MX11A to MX10? Need to get 2Bs in 3 years?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274339)
How long does it typically take to ho from MX11A to MX10? Need to get 2Bs in 3 years?

I think that will vary widely, anywhere from 4 to 10 years. The Bs will def help.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274340)
I think that will vary widely, anywhere from 4 to 10 years. The Bs will def help.

will C+ help?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274341)
will C+ help?

u must be already in a mx10 position or the org wants to move you into a mx10 position

Unregistered 08-04-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274341)
will C+ help?

Need your boss and big boss blessing to be promoted to MX10

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274339)

How long have you being in mx11a?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274371)
How long have you being in mx11a?

Since 2022

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274378)
Since 2022

if u are only in a mx11a position right now, u need to get into a higher position if not u cannot get promoted

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274382)
if u are only in a mx11a position right now, u need to get into a higher position if not u cannot get promoted

What do you mean need to get into a higher position? The next rank after MX11A is MX10, if I get into a higher position, doesn't it already mean I'm promoted to MX10? Or do you mean designation? I'm currently AD level

Unregistered 08-04-2024 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274335)
What the pay bump normally for mx 13 to mx 12? Does it include merit increment?

From 13 to 12, how long?

Unregistered 09-04-2024 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274417)
From 13 to 12, how long?

typically takes 5 years

Unregistered 09-04-2024 12:47 AM

Anyone knows HDB MI how much for their manager postings?

Unregistered 09-04-2024 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274423)
Anyone knows HDB MI how much for their manager postings?

typical mx scheme Mi

Unregistered 09-04-2024 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274400)
What do you mean need to get into a higher position? The next rank after MX11A is MX10, if I get into a higher position, doesn't it already mean I'm promoted to MX10? Or do you mean designation? I'm currently AD level

I think the person meant that you will need to find a role that is tagged at the MX11A/MX10 estab, so allow you to get into a 'higher position'. if the role you're sitting on now is capped at MX11A, you will prob need to move to one that is tagged at MX10 in order for you to make the movement to the higher grade.

Unregistered 09-04-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

I know someone who went ML and got promoted! The rest of us working hard to cover while she was away. It's unfair but what to do.

Unregistered 09-04-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274248)

WHAT?! I only got 3% :(
Which ministry you in? I've never gotten more than 5% MI

Unregistered 09-04-2024 04:09 PM

I received my performance bonus for the year but want to throw letter soon.

My organisation's intranet say "Officers will have to be in service as at 30 Apr to be eligible for the pay out"

Lets say I throw letter on 11 Apr and my last day is 10 May 2024, am I considered to be "in service as at 30 Apr"?

Technically I am still an employee but serving notice. Abit scared to throw then kena asked to pay back, also abit weird to ask HR.

Anyone can help advise on this?

Unregistered 09-04-2024 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274480)
WHAT?! I only got 3% :(
Which ministry you in? I've never gotten more than 5% MI

Most likely fake one. 5% increment if B grade

Unregistered 09-04-2024 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274496)
I received my performance bonus for the year but want to throw letter soon.

My organisation's intranet say "Officers will have to be in service as at 30 Apr to be eligible for the pay out"

Lets say I throw letter on 11 Apr and my last day is 10 May 2024, am I considered to be "in service as at 30 Apr"?

Technically I am still an employee but serving notice. Abit scared to throw then kena asked to pay back, also abit weird to ask HR.

Anyone can help advise on this?

you are ok, dont worry