Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 18-03-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242901)
Unlikely because it will send out the wrong signals to other staff

I understand, though C- is not an adverse grade like D or E. And technically C- is a gradation within the C grade.

Unregistered 18-03-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242860)
Stop trolling. No such thing as C-

There is a C-.

Promotion barred for next 3 years.

Unregistered 18-03-2023 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242859)
MX11 C-
0.3 months. Going to appeal.

You never bootlick enough that's why

Unregistered 18-03-2023 03:57 PM

MX12 B
2.4 months
In a relatively high-profile ministry

I thought B is usually 2.5 months? :(

Unregistered 18-03-2023 04:57 PM

mx12, 1.48

70/365 days, young newbie

Unregistered 18-03-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242961)
MX12 B
2.4 months
In a relatively high-profile ministry

I thought B is usually 2.5 months? :(

You are not the highest B in your substantive grade lar

Unregistered 18-03-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242905)
I understand, though C- is not an adverse grade like D or E. And technically C- is a gradation within the C grade.

It’s not adverse but C- might be the lowest grade your dept gave for the year

Unregistered 18-03-2023 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242893)
MX12 C- 0.3 months also... seems like they adjusted the quantum for C- sharply downwards?

If C is about 1.5- 2 mths, then C- should be about 1 month. 0.3 is quite underwhelming.

Unregistered 18-03-2023 06:28 PM

March 31 throw
April 30 last day.
Can keep pb right

Unregistered 18-03-2023 07:22 PM

As long as your official last day (not physical) is 30 Apr, should be able to keep PB.

Unregistered 18-03-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242897)
does the year start from april for the pro-rated?

Nope, from Jan

Unregistered 18-03-2023 10:18 PM

MX10, B, 3.46 months PB

Unregistered 19-03-2023 02:28 AM

B mx11 3.5

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:18 AM

Based on statistical trends, is it true that for the year when you were just promoted, it is much much more difficult to obtain a C+ and above, especially if you have a big boss who always goes by the book?

(I know that there are exceptions too, but I'm just curious about the majority.)

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243028)
Based on statistical trends, is it true that for the year when you were just promoted, it is much much more difficult to obtain a C+ and above, especially if you have a big boss who always goes by the book?

(I know that there are exceptions too, but I'm just curious about the majority.)

Yes, default for promotional year is C because you have just been promoted to the new grade/bigger portfolio and technically, “need time to be tested”. But there are always exceptions, and bosses must write to justify the higher grade. I have received B+ in promotional years before.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243028)

just do your best. i got a B on my promotional year and i was rotated to the new dept too earlier that year too. so possible.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243029)
Yes, default for promotional year is C because you have just been promoted to the new grade/bigger portfolio and technically, “need time to be tested”. But there are always exceptions, and bosses must write to justify the higher grade. I have received B+ in promotional years before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243030)
just do your best. i got a B on my promotional year and i was rotated to the new dept too earlier that year too. so possible.

Envy you guys for having such bosses sighs. I took on new projects and was also maintaining some unique ones during my promotion year...was expecting at least a C+. My C grade was also of a lower quantum. I guess if bosses go by the book, it'll be hard

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243033)
Envy you guys for having such bosses sighs. I took on new projects and was also maintaining some unique ones during my promotion year...was expecting at least a C+. My C grade was also of a lower quantum. I guess if bosses go by the book, it'll be hard

How you know it was a lower quantum? Through HR or bosses?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:23 AM

i haven't get my grading is it it normal? quite late already though.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:51 AM

Anyone able to share what is the normal c and c+ quantum for mx13i?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243036)
i haven't get my grading is it it normal? quite late already though.

If you are in a ministry then yes, abnormal. Grades were already out on Fri

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242893)
MX12 C- 0.3 months also... seems like they adjusted the quantum for C- sharply downwards?

Is it because u left a ministry and transfer to another SB/ministry? This is common practice for hr to give such grading for people who transfer, to slow down their progression

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243034)
How you know it was a lower quantum? Through HR or bosses?

The range for every grade has been pretty much the same every year so far. Some posters have revealed it here somewhere before. Quite easy to see whether you fall in the higher or lower range.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243033)

Perhaps speak with your RO directly? Not to challenge the C grade but go from the angle of querying if the level of work that you have produced thus far in these new projects commensurates your current substantive grade, and seek feedback on how you can do better to show greater impact. Depending on your relationship with your RO, you may then let him/her know that you are a tad disappointed with your C grade and wondered how you can achieve a higher grade next year.

All the best anyway!

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:45 AM

Everything’s a bell.

You may think that you’re doing a lot, but there are people in your ranking group that did more or have more high quality outputs. Give others a chance.

Hard truths.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82598)
After reviewing my salary growth for the past 8 years, the following were observed:

a) Merit Increment (MI) is a fixed rate based on performance and CEP.

My increments were the same when I received C in 2013 and 2014
My increments were the same when I received B in 2015 and 2016

b) Promotion Increment is also a fixed rate.

My increments from MX12-MX11 (B) and MX11-MX11A (B) were the same amount.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, MI is based on PERFORMANCE AND CEP (it was in the circular). Assuming my CEP is MX10, I will get higher increment than an officer with a CEP of MX11A even if we are of the same substantive grade and given the same performance grade.

Example:

Officer A (Current Sub Grade MX11; CEP MX10) - Grade B - Increment: $3xx+
Officer B (Current Sub Grade MX11; CEP MX11A) - Grade B - Increment: $2xx+

PS: I happened to know my CEP (and reading from the many posts in this forum) hence the conclusion. Thus, it's a bit pointless to project by % increase as that is not how it calculated... Feel free to disagree.

Timely reminder that MI comprises influence from Perf Grading, CEP and Economics Outlook.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243040)
Is it because u left a ministry and transfer to another SB/ministry? This is common practice for hr to give such grading for people who transfer, to slow down their progression

OMG YES. But that shucks man. This means no matter how hard I work for my new job I am destined to a C-

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243040)

Does it mean it’s better to resign and join the new SB/ministry than to transfer?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243101)
Does it mean it’s better to resign and join the new SB/ministry than to transfer?

By right yes, because this is how hr works. As long as under transfer scheme, they will stop your progression in the new place and let ur boss thinks that you are not good. To make you feel demoralised too. A lot of ministries does that, so is common.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243046)
Everything’s a bell.

You may think that you’re doing a lot, but there are people in your ranking group that did more or have more high quality outputs. Give others a chance.

Hard truths.

I see.

I kept my eyes open and honestly doubt there were that many who had better or greater outputs. Some definitely did, but not most.

I guess for bosses that go by the book, those who were newly promoted will be put into the bottom range of the C grade first, in order to give better grades to help promote the rest who are waiting.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243104)
I see.

I kept my eyes open and honestly doubt there were that many who had better or greater outputs. Some definitely did, but not most.

I guess for bosses that go by the book, those who were newly promoted will be put into the bottom range of the C grade first, in order to give better grades to help promote the rest who are waiting.

This is a possible strategy at ranking. You may be a cushion for those who might be at risk of C- or D at the end of the curve. But if you, a new promotee is the last C, you are less likely to be given a C- or at risk of the “drop”, hence protecting those ranked in the same grade above you

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243088)
OMG YES. But that shucks man. This means no matter how hard I work for my new job I am destined to a C-

when did you transfer to new ministry or SB to get that c-?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243088)

Ya is normal for ministries to do that for people who left.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:35 PM

Not so sinister la. Amount of money for bonus budgeted already. Since you left, the money better give to people who stay, up their morale.

You go new place earn your default C and start over lor. You left liao, cannot contribute to my organisation

Not purposely to fix the person that left, but just a better use of money from the perspective of the organisation

Unregistered 20-03-2023 06:49 AM

For those who gt promoted, will your next salary be above than your current salary ceiling.

Eg: current salary $2.8k, current ceiling $3k. Promoted, salary 3k min?

Unregistered 20-03-2023 08:01 AM

no. might exceed current salary ceiling if you are near there. there is overlap in the salary range between the grades

Unregistered 20-03-2023 08:43 AM

But c- need to be block for 3 years of promotion. Tbh it is not fair to people who did under the transfer scheme.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243138)
For those who gt promoted, will your next salary be above than your current salary ceiling.

Eg: current salary $2.8k, current ceiling $3k. Promoted, salary 3k min?

They're smart and make sure there's a lot of overlap so the promotion increment might not be much. At least it increases the ceiling else you'll be hard stuck.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243142)
But c- need to be block for 3 years of promotion. Tbh it is not fair to people who did under the transfer scheme.

After you moved, first year default C then clock 2 Bs then eligible for promo. No difference la

Unregistered 20-03-2023 11:05 AM

Anyone from SB knows their bonus?