Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205737)
Even if both RO and CO supported your promotion, it doesnt guarantee that you will be promoted. Need to get approval from the big boss from the Ministry that u are in. You are vying against other agencies within that same Ministry.

die lor, my CO no idea who am I

Unregistered 02-03-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205770)
die lor, my CO no idea who am I

The CO countersigning officer relies heavily on the RO's words. However the CO still has to balance the needs at the higher order (i.e. other team will also sure to put others up for promo)

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:27 PM

If never promote then time to start looking for new roles. Unless you're aiming to farm forever and retire there, then do continue to stay...

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:51 PM

Stuck in same pay grade for 5 years going 6. If still not promoted is it hit cep liao?

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205868)
Stuck in same pay grade for 5 years going 6. If still not promoted is it hit cep liao?

CEP is the end grade at 50+. it doesnt mean the person will even hit the CEP grade.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 09:13 PM

Does it means for lets say C graded from MX 14-11 all are paid different X month of PB? I thought its like all C will get 1 months regardless of MX, then B will get 2 months regardless of MX etc.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205879)
Does it means for lets say C graded from MX 14-11 all are paid different X month of PB? I thought its like all C will get 1 months regardless of MX, then B will get 2 months regardless of MX etc.

slightly different for each grade. It gets more pronounced at the higher grades onwards like 10,9.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 12:28 AM

Issit possible if u currently MX12 holding executive position, then boss inform that u will be posted to a higher job role, Assistant Director in this coming May. Then come June, u will be promoted to MX11 (which is the norm for AD position) Issit possible?

Or need to wait 1 more year for them to access u first to see if u fit for AD role before they can promote u to MX11? Or promotion can be instant once u take over high job role, means u will be promoted?

Unregistered 03-03-2022 12:38 AM

so excited to quit after pb woohoooo~ cant wait for 31 march to come. so terrible here until im willing to quit without a job woohooo~

Unregistered 03-03-2022 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205917)
so excited to quit after pb woohoooo~ cant wait for 31 march to come. so terrible here until im willing to quit without a job woohooo~

wow you sound like those who always fill the rear ranks

Unregistered 03-03-2022 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205918)
wow you sound like those who always fill the rear ranks

the chase for ranks/promotions/salary only matter to people who only have one source of income ;)

Unregistered 03-03-2022 05:42 PM

Sad man. Still no news on promotion. Alrd coming to early march.

Time to go careers@gov to see see and look look.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206033)
Sad man. Still no news on promotion. Alrd coming to early march.

Time to go careers@gov to see see and look look.

transfer within service for what haha

Unregistered 03-03-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206045)
transfer within service for what haha

Some places have more opportunities than others. Some places may have a better fit for a specific person in terms of culture or jobscope than others.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:02 PM

When will pb be announced? Together with Mar salary or will be be paid separately?

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206063)
When will pb be announced? Together with Mar salary or will be be paid separately?

31 mar. separarte from pay

Unregistered 03-03-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205529)
It seems that there is no promotion for c or C+ grader unless you can get a B grade.. , correct ? Especially for junior officer !

Ha Ha... C or C+, your chances are as good as zilch. Unless you have already hit max of payscale for a few years. Speaking through personal experience, past 3 years B, B, A. Also no promotion lah. Long given up.
Many a times, it's not your ability or effort, it's whether your RO , and especially your CO likes you or not.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205917)

GT also 31 March?

Unregistered 04-03-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206063)

Usually on 19/20/21 of March they will send a bonus notification to your HRP to let you know what grade you score. You will get paid separately, around after 23rd March you will get your bonus pay.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 08:59 AM

Clarification

Hello guys

After seeing the different posts and thread
Being new to CS I’m abit confused

I’m asking just for MHA/Uniform Group in particular for the MX scheme
Is it different as compared to other agencies

What people told me was
Mar - PB
June - Promotion and Merit Increment

What I see here is
Mar - PB and Promotion
Apr - Merit Increment

Which is which ?

Unregistered 04-03-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206136)
Hello guys

After seeing the different posts and thread
Being new to CS I’m abit confused

I’m asking just for MHA/Uniform Group in particular for the MX scheme
Is it different as compared to other agencies

What people told me was
Mar - PB
June - Promotion and Merit Increment

What I see here is
Mar - PB and Promotion
Apr - Merit Increment

Which is which ?

For Ministries:

End Mar - PB payout
Wef 1 Apr - Merit Increment kicks in + promotion (if applicable)

Unregistered 04-03-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206157)
For Ministries:

End Mar - PB payout

Thank you for explaining!

Can I also ask For my situation in mha

I joined in Dec 2020
Dec 2021 Received confirmation (1st year) merit increment

Will I still be able to get the merit increment for Apr 2022 too?
Or no because I already got it in Dec 2021

I saw a few post on this with people having similar dates
Would like to just have a affirmation

Sorry for the double checks and thank you for answering
Appreciate it :)

Unregistered 04-03-2022 01:21 PM

Be contented with what u have is enough liao.

Don't be so stressed about getting that promotion. If u want more money, just find alternate sources.

There are people who did little but get promoted, there are ppl who did tons of stuff and get ignored.

Personally, I am not aftering promotions. But if the promotion come, I take lor. Dont have nvm one.

Just be contented u have a job. Be it with public service or private companies.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 02:11 PM

I am curious. What happens when an officer reaches the maximum of his or her pay scale? So does the salary remain the same every year? I.e. no increments, unless there is a promotion to a higher pay scale?

Also, I have heard of people hired into the civil service at the maximum of their pay scale, e.g. maximum pay of MX11. Why does the civil service do that, especially if the officer cannot receive any increments.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206186)
I am curious. What happens when an officer reaches the maximum of his or her pay scale? So does the salary remain the same every year? I.e. no increments, unless there is a promotion to a higher pay scale?

Also, I have heard of people hired into the civil service at the maximum of their pay scale, e.g. maximum pay of MX11. Why does the civil service do that, especially if the officer cannot receive any increments.

Yes no increments once salary cap for the grade is hit. Need to promote to unlock a new ceiling.

Psychologically we are happier if we get something like:
-yr 1 $3000
-yr 2 $3200
-yr 3 $3500

Compared to:
-yr 1 $3500
-yr 2 $3500
-yr 3 $3500

Because we feel a sense of progress, even though the second example earns more over the 3 years.

So being hired at a cap can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation. For example, if a person's CEP doesn't allow for further promotion, then it's in fact better to get hired at the cap from the get go.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206186)

Once hit the cap, there are no increment until there are adjustments to the salary bands.

I have never seen or heard anyone hired into the maximum of scale, it is a lose-lose when there is no carrot dangling to motivate the officer forward.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

For Ministries:

End Mar - PB payout

Is this the new time frame ? No news of this arrangement from my side..

Unregistered 04-03-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206167)
Thank you for explaining!

Can I also ask For my situation in mha

I joined in Dec 2020
Dec 2021 Received confirmation (1st year) merit increment

Will I still be able to get the merit increment for Apr 2022 too?
Or no because I already got it in Dec 2021

I saw a few post on this with people having similar dates
Would like to just have a affirmation

Sorry for the double checks and thank you for answering
Appreciate it :)

Not sure if same everywhere but personal experience, I got confirmed end of 2020, I received a confirmation increment. April 2021 I received a prorated merit increment.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206207)
Not sure if same everywhere but personal experience, I got confirmed end of 2020, I received a confirmation increment. April 2021 I received a prorated merit increment.

Able to share how much is the confirmation increment?

Unregistered 04-03-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

For Ministries:

End Mar - PB payout

No such things lah.

End mar is PB.

Apr and May is usually busy period becoz postings happening all ard (if u are in posting cycle). This is where the "musical chair" takes place. June then promotion. June then receive merit increment.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206241)
No such things lah.

End mar is PB.

Apr and May is usually busy period becoz postings happening all ard (if u are in posting cycle). This is where the "musical chair" takes place. June then promotion. June then receive merit increment.

your is exception lah. apr promo is std ministry

Unregistered 04-03-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206191)
Once hit the cap, there are no increment until there are adjustments to the salary bands.

I have never seen or heard anyone hired into the maximum of scale, it is a lose-lose when there is no carrot dangling to motivate the officer forward.

I personally know of one officer, who joined from the private sector, and at the maximum pay for MX11. In addition, I have heard of several others as well.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 10:58 PM

In the PSD handbook already stated, when you employed in the grade, your salary will be determined by your experience you have. 1 year job related experience will be 1 increment, 2 years of non related will be 1 increment. Therefore mature or mid year candidate usually have more increment than younger candidateof same grade due to more working experience.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206236)
Able to share how much is the confirmation increment?

Was around 200+, or about an increase of 7%

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206241)
No such things lah.

End mar is PB.

You still new la, all this while we are having MI and promotion period on APR

Unregistered 05-03-2022 10:25 AM

When will HR notify of promotion. If nothing by then means not promoted?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206313)
You still new la, all this while we are having MI and promotion period on APR

New your head lah. Me 12 years in service liao.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206360)
New your head lah. Me 12 years in service liao.

12 years so big head? But still telling the wrong info haha.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 04:52 PM

Am i correct to say that officer with same MX and salary, 1 is C and another is B. So the C graded will get normal increment about 2.5-3% increment and B graded will get about 5-7%. On top of that if there is a promotion, will get another promotion increment. Did i put it correctly?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 05:07 PM

I'm new to the Public Service and I'm currently under 1 year probation. During this period, will I be entitled to performance bonus?

In addition, how does the grading system work? For instance, my company has 6 core competencies which I'm supposed to either get above, met or below expectations for each competency. Will I need to get at least 3 above expectations before I can obtain for instance a B grade?

Thanks in advance!!