Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:39 PM

Agree, the biggest waste of space are the engagement and product managers are not technical, pass down **** to the coders, and get all the spotlight and attention from management.

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259147)
I was previously from Indeed and was hired by Govtech from the "mass hire", but have recently left Govtech.

Let me give my perspective..

What we are working on?
It's called Career Health project.

What are we doing on a daily basis?
Actually nothing much, just ideation and creating PPT slides and pitch to the higher management that our solutions will address the problem statements.

Do I enjoy working in Govtech?
Hell no. Everyone around you are the "high ranking" ones, and a mere senior SWE will be considered a low rank in the team and they will be slave to do all the work.

Wow this post finally seems legit. Can u describe a bit more on this career health

Is it new by your team or continued from somewhere else?
What stage is the project now?
Why did u decide to take up govtech offer? Was it much better?
Was the reason for leaving cause u dont enjoy working here?

Thank u so much for answering

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259151)
Agree, the biggest waste of space are the engagement and product managers are not technical, pass down **** to the coders, and get all the spotlight and attention from management.

This I kind of have to agree. BUT
Govtech is moving towards product management rather than project management ( if u guys noticed there's heavy emphasis and more courses on this)

I suspect our DBA title will be changed to product manager soon because we do really manage apps and services rather than business analysis

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259147)
I was previously from Indeed and was hired by Govtech from the "mass hire", but have recently left Govtech.

Let me give my perspective..

What we are working on?
It's called Career Health project.

What are we doing on a daily basis?
Actually nothing much, just ideation and creating PPT slides and pitch to the higher management that our solutions will address the problem statements.

Do I enjoy working in Govtech?
Hell no. Everyone around you are the "high ranking" ones, and a mere senior SWE will be considered a low rank in the team and they will be slave to do all the work.

Were you guys hired under contract or perm?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:59 PM

All the contract staff should just lie flat now and not do anything since they fk us over

Unregistered 28-10-2023 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259158)
All the contract staff should just lie flat now and not do anything since they fk us over

I feel you. Did the HR promised good chance of conversion?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Poor thing, have to bear the consequence for someone else's mess, better start to look for new jobs now

Unregistered 28-10-2023 09:07 PM

Things would be quite different if Ping Soon were still around

Unregistered 28-10-2023 09:19 PM

What the hack is happening with GT. One bad publicity following another. The SM must have seriously messed up. Someone from up there need to start taking responsibility for this shait

Unregistered 28-10-2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259165)

Yes. W were promised good chance after 1 or 2 years. Now say no headcount. We should make this public. How can there be such a thing in public service?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 09:39 PM

Quote:

things don't happen overnight. although recent event and new changes make things worse.

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259167)
Yes. W were promised good chance after 1 or 2 years. Now say no headcount. We should make this public. How can there be such a thing in public service?

U on contract? Good luck then

U might need a lot of it

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259123)
The upcoming Employment Satisfaction Survey is our chance to voice up to the PSD.

Thread carefully. It may impact our bonus overall.

Imagine this, govtech score low as organization = lower bonus allocated. Use bonus to improve score such as training etc. Mof maybe won't let u draw high bonus.

PSD also monitoring...

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:40 PM

Quote:

If u are contract staff, suggest to talk to your RO immediately. Understand when is your contract going to end.

Start apply for jobs if your role is not important

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:42 PM

Quote:

Someone fuked up by hiring ex indeed and cover it as tech for public good

Now news appear and gotten spotlight, contract staff have to suffer and overall bonus will be impacted.

Curious how they going to handle this during govtech con

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259131)
private sector rules for layoff for working level, public sector rules for no fault for management level

There's no laying off in public sector so... Just don't extend those on contract only haha

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259135)
Hahahaha u think HR is the one that calls the shots?

HR is the ka kia that executes management decision. I don't even think the P&OD call the shots

POD must have been involved by advising otherwise...somehow and somewhere..

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259145)
So are they on contract? Even if they are, most likely they will only be exited 2 years later, where things stabilize.

And what are they doing currently? Even with the answer on "cross-agency" projects, we have not heard a single sound from them. That doesnt sound too productive use of them anyway. Can just dismantle their division and spread them across govtech? I'm sure the various teams can make better use of them.

If they have done this from the start, then won't get such news ...

But probably negotiated a way to keep everyone together. Pic product management lol

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259174)

Imagine this, govtech score low as organization = lower bonus allocated. Use bonus to improve score such as training etc. Mof maybe won't let u draw high bonus.

PSD also monitoring...

That is not a good idea. Why shouldn't we voice out when the new GT practices are so bad?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259175)
If u are contract staff, suggest to talk to your RO immediately. Understand when is your contract going to end.

Start apply for jobs if your role is not important

My RO is being smug already after this announcement. Thanks. I'm gonna start looking out and head out of this **** show and incompetent organization.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259174)

PSD also monitoring...

The aim is to force CE and DCE to step down. Those incompetent leaders shouldn't be leading public service

Unregistered 29-10-2023 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259176)
Someone fuked up by hiring ex indeed and cover it as tech for public good

Now news appear and gotten spotlight, contract staff have to suffer and overall bonus will be impacted.

Curious how they going to handle this during govtech con

"tech for public good" I laugh so loud when see this LAME reason, don't humiliates people intelligent please...

Unregistered 29-10-2023 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259184)
The aim is to force CE and DCE to step down. Those incompetent leaders shouldn't be leading public service

Can someone make this public? I think the public should know that te stat board is making a decision that fk our fellow countrymen over.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259155)
This I kind of have to agree. BUT
Govtech is moving towards product management rather than project management ( if u guys noticed there's heavy emphasis and more courses on this)

I suspect our DBA title will be changed to product manager soon because we do really manage apps and services rather than business analysis

see if dom succeeds, no point changing title if the business analysts all like shiat and give no value

Unregistered 29-10-2023 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259184)

wb and ss are good actually... much better than some other unnammed divisions.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259189)

Shau cheong is good? The DCE that code? Haha

What kind of unnamed division tho

Unregistered 29-10-2023 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259187)
see if dom succeeds, no point changing title if the business analysts all like shiat and give no value

I can't speak for others ...

But a good title for DBA services is needed badly..rather call myself AD or IT consultant lol

Unregistered 29-10-2023 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259190)
Shau cheong is good? The DCE that code? Haha

What kind of unnamed division tho

There's a lot of hype around this person. But he's pretty much unknown in the rest of the world.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 02:17 AM

If all contract staff not renewed, i do not see how the place i am at going to be able to manage. Something got to give.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259168)
things don't happen overnight. although recent event and new changes make things worse.

The problems probably started around two or three years ago when gvt hired a lot of sus people/managers who have no value add. End up the teams have to account for overheads who just sit around and add more busywork. To make things worse, some of these people treat gvt like their own piggybanks for them to drive initiatives to make themselves look good

Unregistered 29-10-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259189)

Agree, these problems was not caused by them over a few months of joining. Yet they have to make such unpopular decisions. To make such big decisions, definitely has to be of some seriousness.

People should think twice before commenting.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259194)
The problems probably started around two or three years ago when gvt hired a lot of sus people/managers who have no value add. End up the teams have to account for overheads who just sit around and add more busywork. To make things worse, some of these people treat gvt like their own piggybanks for them to drive initiatives to make themselves look good

What is sus people?

Unregistered 29-10-2023 09:14 AM

Poor CEO and Deputy CEO, just came in and find themselves in a mess that they didn't create.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259195)
Agree, these problems was not caused by them over a few months of joining. Yet they have to make such unpopular decisions. To make such big decisions, definitely has to be of some seriousness.

Wrong. If they are already aware of the headcount issues why they go on to hire Indeed?
Why are they not communicating with the rest of the employees? There are alot unanswered questions and there is no proper channel of communications. That's why you will see we are commenting on this forum.

If the Indeed hiring was a bad decision, why not own up and admit their mistake?

All these are traits of bad leadership.

CE and DCE please step down.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259195)

Even not caused by them, as the CE and DCE, dont u have responsibility and own thought? Just blindly follow what your subordinate submit to u and approve?

Weird

Unregistered 29-10-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Actually I dont quite agree to some extend.

I truly believe if they are useless then they will be graded accordingly

Unregistered 29-10-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

That's like pretty much every other public agency I was ever in leh. LMAO.

Unregistered 29-10-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259198)
Wrong. If they are already aware of the headcount issues why they go on to hire Indeed?
Why are they not communicating with the rest of the employees? There are alot unanswered questions and there is no proper channel of communications. That's why you will see we are commenting on this forum.

If the Indeed hiring was a bad decision, why not own up and admit their mistake?

All these are traits of bad leadership.

CE and DCE please step down.

good point bro

Unregistered 29-10-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259197)
Poor CEO and Deputy CEO, just came in and find themselves in a mess that they didn't create.

As the leader they should take responsibility. When they took over they should have identified this issue and resolve it before it becomes a problem. No excuses

Unregistered 29-10-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259203)
That's like pretty much every other public agency I was ever in leh. LMAO.

Next step is reduce pay to match just like every other public agency?