Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 21-10-2023 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258634)
Seems like things have just been going downhill since CE Ping Soon left

Don't think ping soon would be able to save it anyways

Unregistered 22-10-2023 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258623)
Hosting an anonymous Q&A in a virtual govtechcon at the time of high turnover. I doubt hr head wants to do it again after he told everyone to just leave if they buay song

Ohh was this PS chicken? I heard of this too

Unregistered 22-10-2023 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258626)
To be fair and from what I remember, the questions were screened beforehand before he asked the senior management. But most of the questions(and upvoted) sent were regarding compensation and turnover.

A q&a with the name of the person included could have resolved most of the issues, but guess like they just chose to stay silent like indeed and just replaced it with fireside chat with SM instead

Dont la. No one interested in firechat. At least for me.

Not much point just feel good words. Hope not wasting time again

Unregistered 23-10-2023 10:43 AM

Sian....want to quit but job market is bad

Unregistered 23-10-2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258728)

Just YOLO!!

Unregistered 23-10-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Why u want quit? Services or gds? Or where else

Unregistered 23-10-2023 09:27 PM

I wanna quit too. Feeling so restless. Was from Indeed. Very thankful to GT for matching my pay and giving me a job in this economic downturn. But really bored every day seems pretty slow with not much to do in the pipeline so time passes really slowly. Feel like venturing out for more exciting jobs.

Unregistered 24-10-2023 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258754)
I wanna quit too. Feeling so restless. Was from Indeed. Very thankful to GT for matching my pay and giving me a job in this economic downturn. But really bored every day seems pretty slow with not much to do in the pipeline so time passes really slowly. Feel like venturing out for more exciting jobs.

Lol are u a troll or what. Should be thankful and just lie flat for now

Unregistered 25-10-2023 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257923)
GovTech ranked 3rd on the 2023 Singapore Best Workplaces™️ in Technology. url link here: s://greatplacetowork.com.sg/singapore-best-workplaces-in-tech-2023-large/

Zhun or not? I thought it sucks, given the current hoo-ha sentiment of ex-indeed hiring.

Bo zhun la, unless u in HQ maybe? HQ people can never untd us working directly with the agencies.. always come out with new tech then force us to complete by a certain unrealistic timeline, best part is they themselves also not ready but die also want to push. Also, they don’t seem to understand that we also have existing pipeline to deliver to users and might not have enough budget to cater… and if you unlucky u might have a useless boss and colleagues high ranking than you but know nothing

Unregistered 25-10-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Me isssh also want to quit too…

Unregistered 25-10-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258862)
Bo zhun la, unless u in HQ maybe? HQ people can never untd us working directly with the agencies.. always come out with new tech then force us to complete by a certain unrealistic timeline, best part is they themselves also not ready but die also want to push. Also, they don’t seem to understand that we also have existing pipeline to deliver to users and might not have enough budget to cater… and if you unlucky u might have a useless boss and colleagues high ranking than you but know nothing

Your boss will kena also if blindly follow. Basically whole IT will kena and score won't be good if users complained. So really must manage a bit and say no...

But u are right la. Need follow good boss

Besides, unless its wog, think agency will make their own choice ba

Unregistered 25-10-2023 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258862)

I just joined from private sector and I get the impression that in GT, the tech leads are just obsolete trash that can't survive outside. Always talking nonsense in meetings and being a yes-man to higher ups. Once in a while, my boss will throw some random technical jargon to try and show that he has some knowledge but it's always irrelevant to the subject. Always can't make decision or after making a decision next day flip prata after the work is already done. Fk up place with lots of small minded individuals that probably can't survive in the real market.

Unregistered 25-10-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258907)
I just joined from private sector and I get the impression that in GT, the tech leads are just obsolete trash that can't survive outside. Always talking nonsense in meetings and being a yes-man to higher ups. Once in a while, my boss will throw some random technical jargon to try and show that he has some knowledge but it's always irrelevant to the subject. Always can't make decision or after making a decision next day flip prata after the work is already done. Fk up place with lots of small minded individuals that probably can't survive in the real market.

100% especially on the random technical jargon from bosses and higher management. Next you will start wondering how some people are even hired or promoted.. lip service, perhaps?

Welcome to GT.

Unregistered 26-10-2023 02:26 AM

Quote:

Higher up is what level? Director? Really no choice cause they really have the power. Just entertain a bit and back up with deck lo

Unregistered 26-10-2023 09:14 AM

Quote:

Lol are you an Indeeder trying to justify why he was hired for no real business case? Try harder bro we can see through your nonsense.

Unregistered 26-10-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

LMAO. You realize that this is not a flex right. You joined GT. Hence, you are no longer in the 'real market' either. You didn't survive in there either, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Welcome to the fk up small minded club bro. Congrats.

Unregistered 26-10-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258948)
LMAO. You realize that this is not a flex right. You joined GT. Hence, you are no longer in the 'real market' either. You didn't survive in there either, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Welcome to the fk up small minded club bro. Congrats.

Aiyo why like that.. the person not wrong commenting the exp ma. U nvr encounter before? else u lucky... come over my site then u will see how cui some ppl in GT can be... some totally no tech bkg..

in fact, feel my vendors are WAY better.. see my own people, everyday i smh..

Unregistered 26-10-2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258951)
Aiyo why like that.. the person not wrong commenting the exp ma. U nvr encounter before? else u lucky... come over my site then u will see how cui some ppl in GT can be... some totally no tech bkg..

in fact, feel my vendors are WAY better.. see my own people, everyday i smh..

which team bro?

Unregistered 26-10-2023 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258965)
which team bro?

svc. site heavily adv

Unregistered 26-10-2023 08:06 PM

Check your emails guys! CE just sent out an email. Govtech having layoffs soon. GG

Unregistered 26-10-2023 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258976)
svc. site heavily adv

Hello fellow services colleague, see u this govtech con

Unregistered 26-10-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258985)
Check your emails guys! CE just sent out an email. Govtech having layoffs soon. GG

Must because of the unfair Indeed hires. Now backfire and affecting all the GovTechies... LOL

Unregistered 26-10-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258987)
Must because of the unfair Indeed hires. Now backfire and affecting all the GovTechies... LOL

Spill the tea

Unregistered 26-10-2023 10:41 PM

yea GG liao. blame all the reasons except indeed. LOL. No wonder hold govtechcon so late.

Unregistered 26-10-2023 10:43 PM

i missed CE Ping Soon

Unregistered 26-10-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258985)

Huh seriously. Haven't read email yet

Unregistered 26-10-2023 11:49 PM

Guys we are public Service lei. Can lay off?

Unregistered 27-10-2023 12:12 AM

read. dont have layoff lei. mai anyhow

Unregistered 27-10-2023 12:36 AM

Even worse than layoff. At least layoff got conpensation. This one is just tell you to prepare to **** off when contract over since the renewal approval needs to go all the way up, and they dont even know how much they need to cut.

Unregistered 27-10-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259010)
read. dont have layoff lei. mai anyhow

Basically they dun renew any contracts now. Approval for exceptional case only by the CE.

Unregistered 27-10-2023 08:50 AM

What does MMF mean? Is contractor all MMF?

Unregistered 27-10-2023 09:20 AM

Song bo. Got budget to hire Indeed to do (???) projects, no budget to keep contract staff.

Unregistered 27-10-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259019)
What does MMF mean? Is contractor all MMF?

MMF stands for allowable headcounts. This includes perm + those on contracts. But the first to let go will be those on contracts (expiring soon).

Unregistered 27-10-2023 10:52 AM

So those from Indeed on contract or perm? Will truly be pwn govtechies if they are on perm currently.

Unregistered 27-10-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259024)
Song bo. Got budget to hire Indeed to do (???) projects, no budget to keep contract staff.

It is got budget to hire quality hires, no budget to renew those that compromise quality

Unregistered 27-10-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259033)
It is got budget to hire quality hires, no budget to renew those that compromise quality

This person is hired from indeed?
Anyway did anyone hear anything from their bosses? Radio silent on my side. I am new to GT, is proper comms always this slow?
16 hours since email but no comms from HR, direct bosses or anything

Unregistered 27-10-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259011)
Even worse than layoff. At least layoff got conpensation. This one is just tell you to prepare to **** off when contract over since the renewal approval needs to go all the way up, and they dont even know how much they need to cut.

but isnt that the purpose of hiring contract workers? so that they have the flexibility to let ppl go when they think its time

Unregistered 27-10-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259036)
This person is hired from indeed?
Anyway did anyone hear anything from their bosses? Radio silent on my side. I am new to GT, is proper comms always this slow?
16 hours since email but no comms from HR, direct bosses or anything

is there another comms? regarding our contract renewal issit

Unregistered 27-10-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259037)
but isnt that the purpose of hiring contract workers? so that they have the flexibility to let ppl go when they think its time

When CE is the one approving personally every single stays and go even for working level(and not HOD), this tells you something severely went wrong.

Usually contract is meant to let people go who are underperforming easily. But in this case, i would forsee quite a lot of average performees being let go.

If GT is the only agency doing this based on the reasons given, then you know who to blame.

Unregistered 27-10-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259041)
When CE is the one approving personally every single stays and go even for working level(and not HOD), this tells you something severely went wrong.

Usually contract is meant to let people go who are underperforming easily. But in this case, i would forsee quite a lot of average performees being let go.

If GT is the only agency doing this based on the reasons given, then you know who to blame.

Yes we know. Blame the fking CE. Last time before joining always promise got chance to convert after 1 year. Fk up. No headcount still want to absorb Indeed.