Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238550)
Don't bluff la. Every division also need a software team..
But every division also just hire 1software guy and basically throw erbrything from excel to macro to xcripgd to printer.

Then there is a software division that doesn't have enough contracts of jobs or orders to justify hiring a big team of software people....

This place is really not good for tech people.
Honestly after working here for years I wouldn't even all this a tech company or software company...
Or even an engineering company...

Feels like its more of a project management, if outsource company... Everything is basically outsourced to some other party.... The people are just managers... Take money from one party. Channel to another party...

Keep the difference as profit....

Your experience with the management was exactly how the division I knew worked. Not software trained, no idea how software works but expect software to work miracle to solve all the issues, no matter being hardware, software or design issues.

Unregistered 12-01-2023 01:25 PM

What's the annual increment?
News say it is 3.75% but I only got 3%.
Did I perform below average?

Unregistered 13-01-2023 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238613)
What's the annual increment?
News say it is 3.75% but I only got 3%.
Did I perform below average?

The 3.75% is likely an average across the company. Your performance could be average as the percentage can easily be raised by the best performers.

Unregistered 13-01-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238593)
Your experience with the management was exactly how the division I knew worked. Not software trained, no idea how software works but expect software to work miracle to solve all the issues, no matter being hardware, software or design issues.

ST staffs competence is frequently a shocking revelation. Insularity from the realities of life and harsh competition corporate staffs deal with made them complacent.

Unregistered 13-01-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238567)
Bonus should come in by March salary, so can tender the following day or 1 April?

Think about it, some how kena “eaten”, if tender in January, March bonus will not be given despite still need to serve 2 months notice period which is March by then, and within this period you’re still ST staff. 🤷🏻*♂️

Haha, the thing is, it's stated that you have to not be serving notice period during the bonus disbursement period...

I don't know about other companies but my experience with my previous company and ST is this is the practice that you've to not be serving notice if you want your bonus.

By my understanding of the policy, once receive, can resign the next day liao.

Unregistered 17-01-2023 09:38 PM

anyone know how much is the bonus this year?

Unregistered 19-01-2023 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238871)
anyone know how much is the bonus this year?

Not sure... But from what i heard from my superior, the grading system has changed.... Now there's like a1 - a3,b1 - b3 and c1-c3 as compared to the previous grading scheme of A-C...

Unregistered 19-01-2023 04:11 PM

The grading system based on banding (1,2 or 3) and top 5%
That is what i was told

showmemoney 19-01-2023 05:46 PM

Anyone knows the job grades and salary range?

Unregistered 20-01-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmemoney (Post 238970)
Anyone knows the job grades and salary range?

Nobody knows including HR.
This company changes policy and org chart every year.
Hard to keep track and follow.