Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 22-09-2022 08:02 PM

Just checking Senior Manager and Director rank and respective salary range?

Unregistered 23-09-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230996)

A very comfortable range by most people's standard.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230996)

Senior manager about 9k.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 04:31 PM

How much bonus does ST gets generally
ST Aero
ST Electronic
ST Telemedia
ST Marine
ST Land System

Unregistered 25-09-2022 12:23 AM

sim uol first class can join as E6 or not?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231181)
sim uol first class can join as E6 or not?

very hard. if get probably will lowball you.

Unregistered 30-09-2022 01:58 PM

Just trying to ask about my observation.
Am I the only one who feels that the managers from ST are quite incompetent compared to those we see in MNCs in general. Even the senior engineers in ST are also quite incompetent in general compared to those from MNCs. The higher the position, the more pronounced the incompetence.Sorry if I offended anyone.

Unregistered 30-09-2022 02:07 PM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231581)
Just trying to ask about my observation.
Am I the only one who feels that the managers from ST are quite incompetent compared to those we see in MNCs in general. Even the senior engineers in ST are also quite incompetent in general compared to those from MNCs. The higher the position, the more pronounced the incompetence.Sorry if I offended anyone.

How you know they are incompetent?
Incompetent one are those who can't get promoted.
If they can get promoted, means they are competent and have played the game correctly.

You must be a new staff who joined and don't know anything and feels like managers are not helping you.
This is the rule of the game, you are hired to do their bidding. You won't be promoted
You aren't even in the game. Those playing the games are out lasting you

To get promoted, to do less.
While you are at the bottom working hard, assuming that promotion is based on talent or merits.
Sorry, its based on how long you been with the company and which boss did you suck up to..

Wait till you go to your first town hall etc. All those vp senior vp now like to brag how many years they with the company. 20++ years experience. You join 1 year already want to grow wings and fly?
Wait 15 years la. Until those 35 years exp retire.

Unregistered 01-10-2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231582)
How you know they are incompetent?
Incompetent one are those who can't get promoted.
If they can get promoted, means they are competent and have played the game correctly.

You must be a new staff who joined and don't know anything and feels like managers are not helping you.
This is the rule of the game, you are hired to do their bidding. You won't be promoted
You aren't even in the game. Those playing the games are out lasting you

To get promoted, to do less.
While you are at the bottom working hard, assuming that promotion is based on talent or merits.
Sorry, its based on how long you been with the company and which boss did you suck up to..

Wait till you go to your first town hall etc. All those vp senior vp now like to brag how many years they with the company. 20++ years experience. You join 1 year already want to grow wings and fly?
Wait 15 years la. Until those 35 years exp retire.

I am the one who made the post #3137
Sorry to offend you. Your reply is precisely the reason why I feel that way.
I have never worked in ST before but I dealt with ST before. I work in MNCs most of my life so I feel that ST employees seems to live in a different universe. They don't understand even common terms used and have no idea how it is like to fulfill the outputs of processes. Went for an interview with ST and I wanted to leave within the first 5 minutes. I hear stuffs like "ask customer to close one eye" (This one was a huge shock to me), "I don't need to know how to do it as long as my men know how to do it" (I will get sacked if I do that in the MNCs I worked at), "I don't need all those things (essential project related stuffs that are very common in MNCs)" They seem more interested to know if I mind working at their location and using a non-camera phone rather than the details of the job. So I really wonder what do they do at work.

When I tried to explain where they went wrong during the interview albeit done respectfully, they get very defensive like how you got.

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231660)
I am the one who made the post #3137
Sorry to offend you. Your reply is precisely the reason why I feel that way.
I have never worked in ST before but I dealt with ST before. I work in MNCs most of my life so I feel that ST employees seems to live in a different universe. They don't understand even common terms used and have no idea how it is like to fulfill the outputs of processes. Went for an interview with ST and I wanted to leave within the first 5 minutes. I hear stuffs like "ask customer to close one eye" (This one was a huge shock to me), "I don't need to know how to do it as long as my men know how to do it" (I will get sacked if I do that in the MNCs I worked at), "I don't need all those things (essential project related stuffs that are very common in MNCs)" They seem more interested to know if I mind working at their location and using a non-camera phone rather than the details of the job. So I really wonder what do they do at work.

When I tried to explain where they went wrong during the interview albeit done respectfully, they get very defensive like how you got.

ST is basically adapted their culture from army, the bottom either is a team or sibei bro team who help on another and get thing done or a team full of Chao keng who just come to the office to wait for ord and nuah

The top is also same pattern as army la, very politic if you been to the army before, you should know the pattern la