Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 25-05-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219031)
Just to let you know it is "Variable" Bonus. HR can give you average figures but it is never guaranteed to give, not to say even 2 months to 4 months range.

In the end they give you 0.5 months you also cant say anything.

I recommend looking at your fixed package to determine if it is worth the offer.

My side the head very old school. His thinking is everyone deserve minimum 0.5 bonus.
So when you actually just get 1 month it's actually just 0.5

And yes during covid only got 1 month lol.
Now new people expect 4 months variable bonus ah. Lol.

Unregistered 25-05-2022 02:58 PM

Manage up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219034)
You all give new guy do then u all do what ? Drink coffee ar no wonder stuck here forever.

Its called manage up le.
If you want to be promoted you need to everyday suck the boss cock le.
Not easy you know.

ST people don't manage down one la. Let the new people figure out.
Better to spend time to manage up.

Prpare progress update. PowerPoint slide. Create a problem so you can solve it and show the upper management. How you save cost. Everyday don't have to do work la. Just work during the monthly progress update. That's how you rank up.

If this kind of thing also need to teach you. You have no hope to survive here. The managers all have like 10 to 15 years of managing up. So they expect you to be like them...

Nobody cares about the new people at the bottom of the chain la.

Unregistered 25-05-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219045)
Waah so scary ah for the new people. If you dunt mind, may i know ur side is doing what role ya?

Currently i am from mid-career change with coming to 1 year experience. They offer me ard 13% more salary with permanent role compare from my existing company. That is why was wondering without AWS and VB which is not guarantee and 2 digit increment. Is it worth to come over to ST.

Its things like this we really hate our HR. No salary adjustment but new people get 13% what a joke?

Unregistered 25-05-2022 03:03 PM

Must protect kopi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219070)
We song leh. Take good pay can lim kopi. Why not? You jealous?

Ya lo. Alot of old timers just wanna have a good working lim kopi work lifestyle.
Why wanna compete in the open market.

Lower pay never mind cause essentially everyday is paid to do nothing and the kopi in ST cheap. 80 cents only. Outside already 1.70

Unregistered 25-05-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219031)
Just to let you know it is "Variable" Bonus. HR can give you average figures but it is never guaranteed to give, not to say even 2 months to 4 months range.

In the end they give you 0.5 months you also cant say anything.

I recommend looking at your fixed package to determine if it is worth the offer.

Ranking range from band 1(best), 2 and 3.
I got band 2, only 1.9 month bonus

What do you think???

Unregistered 27-05-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219077)
Its things like this we really hate our HR. No salary adjustment but new people get 13% what a joke?

(Potential) New hire must give salary adjustment compared to old place to convince him/her to jump over ma. The candidate can reject the offer, still got bargaining power.

Current employee, not happy you resign and look elsewhere lor. Can you?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219079)
Ya lo. Alot of old timers just wanna have a good working lim kopi work lifestyle.
Why wanna compete in the open market.

Lower pay never mind cause essentially everyday is paid to do nothing and the kopi in ST cheap. 80 cents only. Outside already 1.70

Close to retirement le join back ST again to collect easy money all the way

Unregistered 27-05-2022 03:42 PM

Hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219323)
(Potential) New hire must give salary adjustment compared to old place to convince him/her to jump over ma. The candidate can reject the offer, still got bargaining power.

Current employee, not happy you resign and look elsewhere lor. Can you?

No need. Just tekan the new hire and let him drown lo.
Then we take credit for the work when he managed to deliver and let him be the scapegoat when he fail.

East prasy. How you think I managed to get promoted to M2 without actually doing any engineering work. Just hold meeting. Smile. Agree politely with boss. Manipulate the staff under me.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219370)
No need. Just tekan the new hire and let him drown lo.
Then we take credit for the work when he managed to deliver and let him be the scapegoat when he fail.

East prasy. How you think I managed to get promoted to M2 without actually doing any engineering work. Just hold meeting. Smile. Agree politely with boss. Manipulate the staff under me.

then dont complain about HR and adjustment and your pathetic salary lo :-)

Unregistered 27-05-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219376)
then dont complain about HR and adjustment and your pathetic salary lo :-)

Agree with u. This kind of people serve them right.