Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152143)
Just the thought of there is nothing wrong with fresh grad leaving after 2 years is already the biggest mistake and strategy. Ask yourself Mr/Ms Senior Manager why people are leaving every 2 years.

ST Engineering been taking about continuous innovation and being more competitive. I don't think you are aligned with your own company directions and goals.

He said there is nothing wrong with reaching out to staff who have left to come back under his new leadership. He didn't say there is nothing wrong with fresh grad leaving after 2 years.

If fresh grad don't leave, how to make space and room for next year's fresh grad

Unregistered 29-12-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152148)
He said there is nothing wrong with reaching out to staff who have left to come back under his new leadership. He didn't say there is nothing wrong with fresh grad leaving after 2 years.

If fresh grad don't leave, how to make space and room for next year's fresh grad

Yet another person not using brain. Grow the business to so that there is always jobs for fresh grade. Not replacement. Zzzz... can even type is kind of comments. time to get replaced....

Unregistered 29-12-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152147)
Yet. Here I am being promoted from E6 to M3 while your trendy frsh grsf csnt even have the tenacity to grow a career.

This generation want everything fast and they want it now.

huh? M3 then yaya papaya already? fresh grad out there earning m3 pay in a few years time.

everything now is better & faster

You are the only one of thinking of staying the same & progress slowly

Even the government is encouraging company to progress faster.

SENIOR MANAGER in ST want everything SLOW and steady. Once again reflecting in the incompetent of a senior manager.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152149)
Yet another person not using brain. Grow the business to so that there is always jobs for fresh grade. Not replacement. Zzzz... can even type is kind of comments. time to get replaced....

Use your brain la. Fresh grad is 5k per month that's 120k just to offer the contract to ONE bloody fresh grad. OK maybe let's use your logic let's hire 2. That's 240k just to offer this contract. Then we cannot let 2 fresh grad unsupervised....

SI let's have a M1. Let's say give him 6k low ball. That's 144k for 2 ueaes.so a team of just 3 ppl will cost 384k. That's quarter of a million...

And what can this 3 man team do? Can they bring in and support 3 projects of 100k each
They already complain need more manpower... Bla bla bla.

Long story short. Fresh grad is too expensive for business now and doesn't return value.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152150)
huh? M3 then yaya papaya already? fresh grad out there earning m3 pay in a few years time.

everything now is better & faster

You are the only one of thinking of staying the same & progress slowly

Even the government is encouraging company to progress faster.

SENIOR MANAGER in ST want everything SLOW and steady. Once again reflecting in the incompetent of a senior manager.

Fast. Sure. That system driver to prevent signal loss for mrt track ready mah? Why take so long.
We pay you 5k per month. I expect you to churn out code FAST.

That robotic interface done mah?

That flying taxi remote signal done mah?

Should be fast. One week can finish.

I need a demo for website. Need animation. To show dashboard. One day can finish mah.
Need fast...

That report you finish liao mah? Don't go home if can't finish.

Fast.

Why your exam takes 3 hours to finish. Winslow. Finish fast in 1 hour can mah.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152149)

Come I hire you fresh grad 10k per month. I have a project to compete with the German flying taxi company.
Need you to engineer up a flying bus in 1 year.

Can? If you can produce a working flying bus in 9 months I give you 3 months bonus that's 30k.

But if you can't produce it in 12months you have to pay me a late delivery of 1million

Deal? Come you can work from home. Start immediately... Build the product your time starts now OK give you discount 1 Jan 2021...

Ywah that's right. You can't do it right. No skills right. Don't know where to begin right.

Go back to your books la fresh grad.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152156)
Use your brain la. Fresh grad is 5k per month that's 120k just to offer the contract to ONE bloody fresh grad. OK maybe let's use your logic let's hire 2. That's 240k just to offer this contract. Then we cannot let 2 fresh grad unsupervised....

SI let's have a M1. Let's say give him 6k low ball. That's 144k for 2 ueaes.so a team of just 3 ppl will cost 384k. That's quarter of a million...

And what can this 3 man team do? Can they bring in and support 3 projects of 100k each
They already complain need more manpower... Bla bla bla.

Long story short. Fresh grad is too expensive for business now and doesn't return value.

First of all, it doesn't explain the statement of "If fresh grad don't leave, how to make space and room for next year's fresh grad"

When you do costing idk why are using 2 years to do costing when the norm is per annum. According to your calculation annually the team of 3 cost 192k.

If the division or the department cannot bring in 192K, why hire then?

2 E5 + 1 M1 --> 192K
2M1 --> 144K

it also doesn't explain why hiring 2 experienced M1 of 6k a month and 144k annually is better that spending 192k? other than its cheaper by ~50k.

People joining with job grade M1 are expected to lead. With you as their leader you are just asking them to do senior engineers jobs. No wonder they will leave soon.

With 3 people already complaining lack of manpower, u think 2 experienced M1 won't complain lack of manpower? Causing them to leave as well.

Its people like you that do costing and planning than makes the management and juniors stay awake at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152160)
Come I hire you fresh grad 10k per month. I have a project to compete with the German flying taxi company.

Can? If you can produce a working flying bus in 9 months I give you 3 months bonus that's 30k.

But if you can't produce it in 12months you have to pay me a late delivery of 1million

Deal? Come you can work from home. Start immediately... Build the product your time starts now OK give you discount 1 Jan 2021...

Ywah that's right. You can't do it right. No skills right. Don't know where to begin right.

Flying bus lol.

People build a gaming chair from car seat. Millionaires liao. You want flying bus lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152160)

don't put the blame on the younger engineers when senior people cannot bring business to the company, It's their job to increase revenue. think about it when you are fresh grad, your senior at that time managed to bring in projects to feed you. Now that you are the "senior", all you do is just to say fresh grad too ex no ROI. its just showing that you are incompetent.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152157)
Fast. Sure. That system driver to prevent signal loss for mrt track ready mah? Why take so long.
We pay you 5k per month. I expect you to churn out code FAST.

That robotic interface done mah?

That flying taxi remote signal done mah?

Should be fast. One week can finish.

I need a demo for website. Need animation. To show dashboard. One day can finish mah.
Need fast...

That report you finish liao mah? Don't go home if can't finish.

Fast.

Why your exam takes 3 hours to finish. Winslow. Finish fast in 1 hour can mah.

You got see elon musk complain this and complain that when space X not working?

Incompetent leadership, management and engineering skills.

Don't find so much excuses.