Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152181)
huh? we pay u 6k 7k 8k 9k. cannot deliver a project your agreed? then we pay you so much for what? might as well pay fresh grad 5k right do you job scope right?

Like i said, what u just did is cost company million of dollars in LD, not revenue. Seems like your financial terms and mathematics is also not very competent. Project deliverable is project status, monitored by project managers. Back to the the point of being incompetent.

Yes boss. Whatever you say fresh grad.
BTW your progress update how? Any update?

Unregistered 29-12-2020 04:27 PM

My division hierarchy..
sVP
VP
Division manager
Deputy division manager
Senior manager
Assistant manager
Operations manager
Project manager
Team lead
Deputy team lead
System lead
Program lead
Me (bottom of the food chain)

Dunno why so many levels. I guess I also call myself tech lead then. Make resume nice nice.

Unregistered 30-12-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145169)
What is B5 grade? What is your title and education level? diploma? How many years of experience?

Non-executive grade.
B5,B6 then executive grading starts. E1,E2,E3 so on. Service engineer. Started out as Higher Nitec cert. About 7 years working experience.

Unregistered 30-12-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150075)
Instead of mocking him/her, i think its rather commendable for a person to endure a $1.8k salary for such a long period of time. Which one of you commented earn a $1.8K salary before? I bet none of you can last a month, or even accept such a job offer.

Yeah. My first job was $1300 per month. But I'm seeing post after post b*tching about 3k, 4k, 5k, 15k, fresh grad, old bird and so on. 🤣🤣

Unregistered 30-12-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152216)
Yeah. My first job was $1300 per month. But I'm seeing post after post b*tching about 3k, 4k, 5k, 15k, fresh grad, old bird and so on. 🤣🤣

Really sad to see the wage discrepancy between senior management. Average engineer. Yaya papaya manager, technician..

Sometimes I wonder when all those senior management drives to work in their big fancy car, do they ever wonder how the bottom of the food chain view them.

With disgust or envy?

Unregistered 30-12-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152190)
My division hierarchy..
sVP
VP
Division manager
Deputy division manager
Senior manager
Assistant manager
Operations manager
Project manager
Team lead
Deputy team lead
System lead
Program lead
Me (bottom of the food chain)

Dunno why so many levels. I guess I also call myself tech lead then. Make resume nice nice.

I believe some of the managers are on "equal" level and likely you do no report to them all. Unfortunately, this is the situation in ST. Too top heavy, everyone is a manager.

However, it will explain why a simple procurement of a single item will take forever to get approved.

Unregistered 30-12-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152243)
I believe some of the managers are on "equal" level and likely you do no report to them all. Unfortunately, this is the situation in ST. Too top heavy, everyone is a manager.

However, it will explain why a simple procurement of a single item will take forever to get approved.

Since every Singaporean loves to be a manager, everyone gets to be a manager

Unregistered 31-12-2020 12:49 AM

ben leong latest post say fresh grad should be at least 6-7k to match market rate

Unregistered 31-12-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152304)
ben leong latest post say fresh grad should be at least 6-7k to match market rate

Then senior should be 15k to 20k to match market rate.
Then senior management should be 50k to 100k to match market rate

Unregistered 31-12-2020 08:53 AM

Then HDB should be > 10M
COE should be > 1M
Big mac should be >$100