Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140082)
Only Testers have work life balance.

Last time, when I was a developer, the qa tester have to STAY and test until I send in the code even it is 3-4am.

But when they are waiting, they are playing game or surfing net LA, ez job

zero_88 28-06-2020 08:54 PM

I dun mind no prospect, and no salary increment

what I need is work life balance and less stress

dun ask me come back on weekend

can or nt. Just take the same salary for the next 30 years

Unregistered 28-06-2020 10:25 PM

f u c k i ng singapore loser

why f u c k i ng idiot singaporean keep losing their job to foreigner like me hahahaha , stupid f u c k i ng singaporean , loser in life and sex life. i gonna f u c k all singapore girl once i'm there

Unregistered 29-06-2020 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140126)
why f u c k i ng idiot singaporean keep losing their job to foreigner like me hahahaha , stupid f u c k i ng singaporean , loser in life and sex life. i gonna f u c k all singapore girl once i'm there

mod pls bend this guy

Unregistered 29-06-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140096)
Last time, when I was a developer, the qa tester have to STAY and test until I send in the code even it is 3-4am.

Please la. ST where got hire a software tester just to test code.
My side. 1 programmer do all the design, documentation, coding, testing. Ux design, etc.
And not just 1 project. Multiple projects..

You still have a software tester to help test your work...
Then you anyhow code also can what. Just say the tester never test your code.
In today's world. Or gaming world...
That role of testing is pushed to users. In beta etc.

Or in the open source world is done by the developer... Where got 1 developer implement the gesture then another software tester test the work one.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140215)
My side. 1 programmer do all the design, documentation, coding, testing. Ux design, etc.

Or in the open source world is done by the developer... Where got 1 developer implement the gesture then another software tester test the work one.

got ar... my side is LSG... we got QA tester ... developer and even a person who is just in charge of the SVN and the compiling of code....

the tester job is to test the developer code and mark it as passed in jira... then they are supposed to come out with test cases for the end user UAT......

their job really is the relax one....

somemore, same pay as a developer......

Unregistered 29-06-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140233)
got ar... my side is LSG... we got QA tester ... developer and even a person who is just in charge of the SVN and the compiling of code....

the tester job is to test the developer code and mark it as passed in jira... then they are supposed to come out with test cases for the end user UAT......

their job really is the relax one....

somemore, same pay as a developer......

Sorry. Jurong East here. We don't have dedicated software tester. Not enough developer. Leaving every few years. Source code quality abut messy. Gone thru so many developers.

Some developer good can implement they test their own work etc. Get everything working.
Some developer not good alot of bug and problem. User complain. Then they quit.
Leave a mess.

Your side got a dedicated software tester... Maybe must setup one for our side too.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140243)
Sorry. Jurong East here. We don't have dedicated software tester. Not enough developer. Leaving every few years. Source code quality abut messy. Gone thru so many developers.

Some developer good can implement they test their own work etc. Get everything working.
Some developer not good alot of bug and problem. User complain. Then they quit.
Leave a mess.

Your side got a dedicated software tester... Maybe must setup one for our side too.

Got a lot of developer doing lots of paper work. Not enough developer doing actual development work. Software developer complain their pay not high enough. So just want to do paper work.

Want high pay like Facebook Google developer kind but just want to do paper work development. A lot of this kind of developer.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140096)

Maybe next time you start coding at 8 am instead of coming into office late cause the day before work until 3 am. Then go long lunch.
You pass the code to me at 3 to 4 am then what am I supposed to do during office hours.
So I personal time in office cause 3 to 4 am is my personal time and if I need to work during personal time. Then there is abosultely nothing wrong with personal time during office hours.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140215)

If 1 programmer do everything... that means ur project too small scale. On my side, only medium scale projects with cater for dedicated testers to help and those projects are likely to specific tests due to contractual reqyirements.