Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 26-11-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149923)
I just have time to read the discussions and post craps here.
But unlike you, I love my tech job, and I have amazing colleagues.
I paid decently too at >10k for 6 years of experience.
I don't overwork, neither do my colleagues.
We probably work way less than 8h daily.
I guess the difference is we all work extremely smart and efficient, delivering clear value to the company, the clients and arguably even the society.
Hence, we get the pay we deserve, yet have time to mock at you whiners.

I was paid <3k as a lowly engineer when I was a fresh grad, slightly below average.
My peers were getting paid more than me, and subsequent fresh grads were paid better than me for a few years.
But I never complained and whined, just did my job well, even with the measly pay.
I also learnt whatever I can, about the tech stuff, the business, the industry and meeting peers in the same industry.
It eventually paid off I guess, I'm getting opportunities every week, easily get interviews, received an offer every now and then.

Am I bragging? Maybe.
I just feel sad for you guys, just whining and doing nothing to improve your situation.
You whine and blame ST, the HR, the management, the old jiak liao bees, the fresh grads, the foreigners, and the market.
And you frame yourselves as the poor sandwiched seniors who are overworked.
It's almost too funny reading these.

Sad bro. Only 10k?
5 years already 15k. You are definitely behind the curve.

Unregistered 26-11-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149937)
Sad bro. Only 10k?
5 years already 15k. You are definitely behind the curve.

good for you, so why are you complaining about fresh grads getting 5k?

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:13 AM

with regards to "I guess the difference is we all work extremely smart and efficient".

even if you are a consistent A grader for 6 years + scholar + 4 promotion + work extremely smart and efficient in this time frame...YOU WILL NOT HIT 10K ....

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149939)
with regards to "I guess the difference is we all work extremely smart and efficient".

even if you are a consistent A grader for 6 years + scholar + 4 promotion + work extremely smart and efficient in this time frame...YOU WILL NOT HIT 10K ....

If follow ST rules, obviously cannot.
But if someone hire you for 10k, then obviously can.

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

From the viewpoint of someone who has always been in a GLC, then yes, maybe it's impossible.
Except in the real private sector, 20-40% increment is not uncommon.
A 40-100% increment for a new job isn't uncommon too.
I got the following increments throughout these 6 years, many through job changes.
6% -> 9% -> 6% -> 46% -> 9% -> 16% -> 28% -> 22%
I have a number of peers who are paid much better than me, all in tech roles.

Mocking aside, I'm also trying to highlight the fact that the tech space is still recruiting aggressively.
If you are good enough, there are many companies which can pay good money for your talent.
So if you think you're really good, and severely underpaid, seriously why not get out?
If a fresh grad is getting paid more than you, and you can't do anything to improve the situation, it's simply a market signal that your skill sets are getting irrelevant.
So you can either just whine and complain, or you take some real actions, for the sake of yourself and your family.

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

That's like saying "if you are workers party you will never hit 100k per annum figure *
Then wham suddenly become leader of opposition... 385k per annum.

Ofc can la.
Anything is possible if you work for a rich and lucrative company and there is a demand for you

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149942)
From the viewpoint of someone who has always been in a GLC, then yes, maybe it's impossible.
I got the following increments throughout these 6 years, many through job changes.

Mocking aside, I'm also trying to highlight the fact that the tech space is still recruiting aggressively.
If you are good enough, there are many companies which can pay good money for your talent.
So if you think you're really good, and severely underpaid, seriously why not get out?
If a fresh grad is getting paid more than you, and you can't do anything to improve the situation, it's simply a market signal that your skill sets are getting irrelevant.
So you can either just whine and complain, or you take some real actions, for the sake of yourself and your family.

Can list the name of so called company? So we can call the HR to verify.
Red flag that someone change SO Many job within 6 years. 8 times in 6 years.
Red flag. So it's like you join a new company with inflated pay. Haven't really show any actual result.
Then quit and jump ship.

Sorry bro. Need the name of company for verification or your story is to bluff kids

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149942)

Confirm story writer la. I don't even recall how many increment I got 10 years ago.
This guy either keep record of his incremental as bragging rights or its fake la.

Annual average is 5 to 8 %

Your story is you're average background. But you show so high increment with each job
Means you are good at lying.

Lying in one job after another. Then when the lies caught up to you. Quit and find another job.
Show LinkedIn please.

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149944)
Can list the name of so called company? So we can call the HR to verify.
Red flag that someone change SO Many job within 6 years. 8 times in 6 years.
Red flag. So it's like you join a new company with inflated pay. Haven't really show any actual result.
Then quit and jump ship.

Sorry bro. Need the name of company for verification or your story is to bluff kids

Bro, your reading skills also not very good eh?
No need to prove anything to you.
Up to you to believe, you can just accept your reality that ST is the best place.
Have a good day!

Unregistered 26-11-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149945)
Confirm story writer la. I don't even recall how many increment I got 10 years ago.
This guy either keep record of his incremental as bragging rights or its fake la.

Annual average is 5 to 8 %

Your story is you're average background. But you show so high increment with each job
Means you are good at lying.

Lying in one job after another. Then when the lies caught up to you. Quit and find another job.
Show LinkedIn please.

It's just sad that ST seniors refuse to see things as how they are.
Seriously, 10k for 6 years experience in tech is perhaps high, but not uncommon at all.
You can reach out to a few tech recruiters, and check with them on the current market rates.
Then you will have a better picture of how well tech sector is still doing, in spite of covid.
Companies are so desperate for good talents, none will seriously care if you work just 1 month at your current job.