Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157348)
One time, my boss tried to justify why xxx got promoted instead of yyy
But we all know xxx is boss pet.

So yyy confronted boss and ask why xxx is promoted when yyy is the lead and project lead for the project.

Boss say xxx have more EQ aka can talk more, bluff customer, etc. Which M1 need to have that bullshit politics skill.

Boss say yyy very technical and can't bullshit with customer will end up taking up alot of risk...

So yyy quit.

And told us what the boss told him.

So the team naturally just let xxx handle the project failure.
And since xxx is not the technical, only know how to talk...

End up the project alot of issue. We all know yyy did all the technical work...
But since he quit... Xxx can't handle.

So they hire a new E5.
The new E5 also quit within 1 year.

Long story short.
When your promotion only reward non tech person and only people who like to bullshit.
Your team will end up with alot of bullshit people with zero skills.

Such a familiar story. I had seen this scenario play out over and over.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157379)
Then you pray management see you worthy and give you a bonus to retain you lo.

Bonus? Give extension must thank your lucky stars liao

Unregistered 02-03-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157440)
Bonus? Give extension must thank your lucky stars liao

My side. Got like 5 their contract didn't get renewed since Jan...

More counting. April 1 more also heard not renewed.
A few expiring end of the year hoping will renew.

But seems very unlikely unless got new project come in.
Cause heard new management want to reduce headcount for kpi and the revenue purpose so they can answer to the top.

Alot of my colleagues now all play act blur nobody want to take on the extra work.
But also don't want to argue cause want to keep the job.

Situation is dire. Is it like this outside?

Unregistered 02-03-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157459)
My side. Got like 5 their contract didn't get renewed since Jan...

More counting. April 1 more also heard not renewed.
A few expiring end of the year hoping will renew.

But seems very unlikely unless got new project come in.
Cause heard new management want to reduce headcount for kpi and the revenue purpose so they can answer to the top.

Alot of my colleagues now all play act blur nobody want to take on the extra work.
But also don't want to argue cause want to keep the job.

Situation is dire. Is it like this outside?

U can try and apply outside job and see for yourself lor. If you have family then don't risk your rice bowl since ST is a place to work till retirement.

If you have the skills, u can survive well anywhere. See the glassdoor review also. Good for starters only....

Unregistered 02-03-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157459)
My side. Got like 5 their contract didn't get renewed since Jan...

More counting. April 1 more also heard not renewed.
A few expiring end of the year hoping will renew.

But seems very unlikely unless got new project come in.
Cause heard new management want to reduce headcount for kpi and the revenue purpose so they can answer to the top.

Alot of my colleagues now all play act blur nobody want to take on the extra work.
But also don't want to argue cause want to keep the job.

Situation is dire. Is it like this outside?

Contract as outsource or ST contract staff?

Especially if outsource, you can start trying to look around. Compared to perm staff, the outsourced staff benefits lose out a lot, especially in terms of leave, increment and bonuses.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157471)
Contract as outsource or ST contract staff?

Especially if outsource, you can start trying to look around. Compared to perm staff, the outsourced staff benefits lose out a lot, especially in terms of leave, increment and bonuses.

But I already work here 4 years they should have convert me to perm!
Like this every few years I just keep changing job.... No job stability

Unregistered 02-03-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157473)
But I already work here 4 years they should have convert me to perm!
Like this every few years I just keep changing job.... No job stability

Conversion to perm is not a guarantee. Many people learned the hard way. Imagine your appraisal is lumped together with perm staff. Consideration confirm is go perm staff first. Then your performance must be very good consistently which is difficult unless you are in the inner circle.

If you notice, the turnover rates for contract staff is way, way higher than perm staff.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157475)
Conversion to perm is not a guarantee. Many people learned the hard way. Imagine your appraisal is lumped together with perm staff. Consideration confirm is go perm staff first. Then your performance must be very good consistently which is difficult unless you are in the inner circle.

If you notice, the turnover rates for contract staff is way, way higher than perm staff.

Well who want to be loyal to a company if they are given contract position instead of perm.
Yet when problem arises I see they only ask for outsource staff to solve it.

Don't see no perm staff step up with their skills and promotion to solve the problem.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157473)
But I already work here 4 years they should have convert me to perm!
Like this every few years I just keep changing job.... No job stability

Not sure if your BU or division had this practice. When an engineer is converted to perm or promoted, no one said a word about anything.

My division had such practice, to the point no one knew 3 M2 and M3 were promoted and become KAH.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157479)
Not sure if your BU or division had this practice. When an engineer is converted to perm or promoted, no one said a word about anything.

My division had such practice, to the point no one knew 3 M2 and M3 were promoted and become KAH.

Cause they don't want to take on more responsibility...
Everyone just want promotion and higher pay with it.

But with it want to do less work.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2