Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 27-11-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150017)
Joined ST about 11 years ago with starting pay of 1.8k for poly degree holder. Got my degree from SIM part-time and worked for 10 years to reach E6, only to draw a basic of 3.9k. Left ST and because the expertise I have is considered very niche, it didn't take long before I joined a small SME which offered me 5.1k right away.

Fresh grad in bank program starting pay already 6k.
Sorry bro you should have graduated last year instead of 11 years ago

Unregistered 27-11-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150017)
Joined ST about 11 years ago with starting pay of 1.8k for poly degree holder. Got my degree from SIM part-time and worked for 10 years to reach E6, only to draw a basic of 3.9k. Left ST and because the expertise I have is considered very niche, it didn't take long before I joined a small SME which offered me 5.1k right away.

Fresh grad batch 2015 to 2016 already earning 3.5k.
SORRY BRO. this means you pretty much always only on par with fresh grad.

I think our children will come out starting pay 10k

Unregistered 27-11-2020 09:12 PM

Haha what to do, thats life. There will always be somebody earning more than you. I'm just grateful that I left instead of staying in that low paying thankless job.

Unregistered 27-11-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150017)
Joined ST about 11 years ago with starting pay of 1.8k for poly degree holder. Got my degree from SIM part-time and worked for 10 years to reach E6, only to draw a basic of 3.9k. Left ST and because the expertise I have is considered very niche, it didn't take long before I joined a small SME which offered me 5.1k right away.

Instead of mocking him/her, i think its rather commendable for a person to endure a $1.8k salary for such a long period of time. Which one of you commented earn a $1.8K salary before? I bet none of you can last a month, or even accept such a job offer.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150075)
Instead of mocking him/her, i think its rather commendable for a person to endure a $1.8k salary for such a long period of time. Which one of you commented earn a $1.8K salary before? I bet none of you can last a month, or even accept such a job offer.

25 years ago, fresh grad starting pay 2k.
poly 1.8k is already very good

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150026)
Fresh grad in bank program starting pay already 6k.
Sorry bro you should have graduated last year instead of 11 years ago

10- 20 fresh grad only maybe got 1 draw that kind of pay. Are you the smartest guy in the room/ class last time or now? If not donít think of ppl earning 6k la.

Maybe the fresh grad wish grad 20 years ago also, before dot com or 08 financial crisis, bank bonus was crazy then

Unregistered 29-11-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150026)
Fresh grad in bank program starting pay already 6k.
Sorry bro you should have graduated last year instead of 11 years ago

Those mass intake bank programmes for fresh grads still ranging 4-5k base this year. Starting not so high but their salaries will start to grow well if they can perform after 1-2 years. Their job scope also quite different this year also as most of them are busy pushing sales on SME loans and digitization products.

If you want to talk about those high finance exclusive offer kind then you can cherry-pick figures all you want.

By the way, graduating 11 years ago is just after the financial meltdown. No mention of that.

Unregistered 29-11-2020 08:06 AM

from 2010 to 2020, the world printed so much money and the markets in big bull run, that things have gone haywire

a mega debt crisis will hit the world soon.. maybe fresh grads by then can only get 2-3k loll

Unregistered 29-11-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150173)
from 2010 to 2020, the world printed so much money and the markets in big bull run, that things have gone haywire

a mega debt crisis will hit the world soon.. maybe fresh grads by then can only get 2-3k loll

Jialat, no wonder ST pay stagnant

Unregistered 30-11-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150173)
from 2010 to 2020, the world printed so much money and the markets in big bull run, that things have gone haywire

a mega debt crisis will hit the world soon.. maybe fresh grads by then can only get 2-3k loll

If that happens, those 4k to 5k fresh grad pay will also be cut.
And you'll see a lot of top mangers let go.
This covid already seen a dozen kena let go.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2