Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-04-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navi (Post 132906)
Applied for finance role, got offered payroll. Did payment and procurement for govt sector previously so I know the SOPs and system well but probably not as relevant to payroll(?) Dip is local. Got good ref from previous bosses too.

Not sure if it w help but SB will usually contact ur prev gov agency for verification of work experience. And ur job grade when u are there.

If u directly jumped from one gov agency to another with ur dip, but have a div 3 euivalent job grade, they might give u the entry level dip position. At least progression wise u are able to progress.

When the division hierarchy still existed in the past, div 3 officers have another glass ceiling to surpass to be on div 2 to progress.

I w propose just taking this n continue to upgrade within. Meanwhile no harm continuing to find other jobs.

navi 28-04-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132910)
Not sure if it w help but SB will usually contact ur prev gov agency for verification of work experience. And ur job grade when u are there.

If u directly jumped from one gov agency to another with ur dip, but have a div 3 euivalent job grade, they might give u the entry level dip position. At least progression wise u are able to progress.

When the division hierarchy still existed in the past, div 3 officers have another glass ceiling to surpass to be on div 2 to progress.

I w propose just taking this n continue to upgrade within. Meanwhile no harm continuing to find other jobs.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Was a div 3 holding div 2 position in my previous job.

Will take the job but scared if i do continue finding for another job - what are the penalties for breaking the contract..

Unregistered 28-04-2020 11:36 PM

corporatization

I'm a perm staff in one of the SBs. Recently heard from the grapevine that our department might get corporatized into a GLC in a few years.

When that happens, will I get a choice to leave or stay with the SB? Or whole dept must leave together with the sinking ship?

Unregistered 29-04-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132935)
I'm a perm staff in one of the SBs. Recently heard from the grapevine that our department might get corporatized into a GLC in a few years.

When that happens, will I get a choice to leave or stay with the SB? Or whole dept must leave together with the sinking ship?

Can give us a hint what SB is that

Unregistered 29-04-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132905)
My grapevine tells me not to go there. Hierarchy is flat n little opportunity to promote.

Anyway, did u c a lot a lot of job positions suddenly open from mti? Cos recently there was a flux of enmasse resignation.

Not gg to reveal exactly why. But if u are ok with starting anew in this covid situation then the decision is entirely up to u.

Yes I did, could you maybe elaborate a bit on why, if possible? I was contemplating on applying because I heard they pay abit more than other ministires, but I'm now hesitant 🙁

Unregistered 29-04-2020 07:05 PM

Anyone knows what language analysts (MHA) do, and also their salary/progression? Sorry for this very specific question, just trying my luck here.

Unregistered 29-04-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132905)
My grapevine tells me not to go there. Hierarchy is flat n little opportunity to promote.

Anyway, did u c a lot a lot of job positions suddenly open from mti? Cos recently there was a flux of enmasse resignation.

Not gg to reveal exactly why. But if u are ok with starting anew in this covid situation then the decision is entirely up to u.

Heard the same from my grapevine. Not going to reveal why as well, but when your staff tender en masse that's usually a red flag.

Unregistered 30-04-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132805)
May we check what's your class of honor? The agency you are joined in under what field? Economy/ Social / defence etc? What's the pay offered?

Need the info to advise :)

2nd upper, SB under MND :) don’t rly know how to define my field though lol but it’s non technical role! 3.4

Unregistered 30-04-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132978)
Heard the same from my grapevine. Not going to reveal why as well, but when your staff tender en masse that's usually a red flag.

What is the broad category of the issue there?

Restructuring? Nature of work? Senior management? HR?

Unregistered 30-04-2020 05:57 PM

Super broad question, but how do CS salaries compare to SG companies like Singtel/Shopee etc?