Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 05-04-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131812)
Hi on track for a 2:1 in my bachelor's degree. Would the class of honours of the masters affect the CEP significantly as well?

Would having a masters put me into a higher CEP when joining as a fresh grad?

no. unless the job specifically ask for a masters.

CEP does not change with a masters.

Unregistered 06-04-2020 12:53 AM

If I enter one of the normal ministries (MX scheme) with a FCH (NS) starting salary of 4k and perform averagely for the next 10 years, roughly what will be the progression like? Will I likely hit 6k by then?

Unregistered 06-04-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131835)
If I enter one of the normal ministries (MX scheme) with a FCH (NS) starting salary of 4k and perform averagely for the next 10 years, roughly what will be the progression like? Will I likely hit 6k by then?

100% confirm can.

in fact, most of the normal degree holders i see enter CS at ard 3k-ish. then within 5 to 6 years, their salaries went up by at least 1.5 times by staying in the same M/SB.

u dont need 10 years to hit 6k. an average gauge would be 5 to 7 years. heck it may even be shorter since u are FCH with NS...

Unregistered 06-04-2020 03:40 PM

Is this years merit increment lower than usual? I got 250 mx11 c

Unregistered 07-04-2020 12:24 AM

Anyone experienced where the conditional offer is accepted but needs to be signed off by perm sect, and after 2 weeks HR says the application is unsuccessful? Am wondering if the headcount dropped due to covid or what.

The interview was very positive and the hr cant tell me why it was unsuccessful in the end...

Unregistered 07-04-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131889)
Anyone experienced where the conditional offer is accepted but needs to be signed off by perm sect, and after 2 weeks HR says the application is unsuccessful? Am wondering if the headcount dropped due to covid or what.

The interview was very positive and the hr cant tell me why it was unsuccessful in the end...

perm sec dont want u

COVID-19 07-04-2020 11:49 AM

my company uses the rating in Very good, good instead of ABC etc.

My Performance rating: good
Increment: 4.6%
Bonus: 1.4 mths (0.3 decrease for covid)
AWS: no
Group bonus: no
Background: mid career, MX12
Experience: just reach 4 years.

Unregistered 07-04-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131890)
perm sec dont want u

Public service increase headcount due to covid. So not likely. Maybe security clearance?

Unregistered 08-04-2020 01:21 PM

Would that be a chance that the starting salary scale of a local uni degree be placed with the same as private uni degree? If so, under what circumstances?

Unregistered 08-04-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131954)
Would that be a chance that the starting salary scale of a local uni degree be placed with the same as private uni degree? If so, under what circumstances?

Nope. It won't be, cause they are highly unlikely (except for some ministries but most mainstream ministries no tbh) to employ fresh grads from private uni degree. Some private uni degree graduates are even offered schemes below the regular local uni grad scheme.