Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 11-05-2019 11:14 PM

do HR quote packages differently?

like some of my classmates are quoted average of 16.5, some 15.5, in different ministries though?

Unregistered 12-05-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118599)
SAD is mx 10 right? Or 11A? hase scheme, just got promoted to SAD

Depends on Ministry. For MTI could be MX11/12

Unregistered 12-05-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118607)
What is the difference between MX schemes in ministries and other professional schemes like economist or foreign service? Do they have the same career progression for non-scholars?

The Professional Services have much higher pay scales and perks compared to the MX schemes. They are many many many times more selective.

The climb is also faster.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118604)
hi everyone i have some questions to ask:

i gotten 2 verbal offers from 2 different ministries. they didn't tell me the pay yet (they need to get approval first). however, do you think i can use them to counter for a higher pay? i know that due to the difference in the nature of industry, maybe they won't be able to match $X for $X per se.

i know that as a fresh grad i should be looking for self development rather than money, but i'm quite indifferent to both work as, sadly, they not my first choice, but are the only 2 that responded to my job application. both are pretty equidistant to where i live, and all has its own set of benefits.

however, do you think i can try to ask increase my offer from either side if the other offers higher? i also know that i have nothing to ask for negotiation since i am a freshie.

hoping to hear some insights.

as a fresh grad, i believe they utilize a formulate to compute the salary that is being offered. it happened in my case, so i don’t think it’s beneficial if you try to counter offer them.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 01:01 AM

SPF vs banking (non IB)

Hey guys! Would appreciate it a lot if someone could give advice on the spf as a senior officer (in terms of pay/progression/exit strategies(most likely security/AML/compliance related)). I’m currently torn between the private sector (banking) and SPF

Thanks!

Unregistered 12-05-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118628)
Hey guys! Would appreciate it a lot if someone could give advice on the spf as a senior officer (in terms of pay/progression/exit strategies(most likely security/AML/compliance related)). I’m currently torn between the private sector (banking) and SPF

Thanks!

Uh, would you like investigative and shift work? I think the first few years are like this.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118557)
Time to update the above
2018: 10.3k B grade annual 192k
2019: 10.7k B grade

Impressive figures. Can check how old are you and your qualifications? Easier to gauge vis-a-vis our own progression.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 12:53 PM

Fresh grad, 2:1 non-local uni male, SB offered almost 3950

Unregistered 12-05-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118634)
Impressive figures. Can check how old are you and your qualifications? Easier to gauge vis-a-vis our own progression.

41 this year. I took a pay cut of close to 30% when I joined the public service. 2nd upper from ntu, farmer class. Went from top 5% in annual compensation (when in private) to outside top 10% in my age group now. Funny thing is based on my title, most people wld not associate such a package with me.

xiaopangbronco 12-05-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118643)
Fresh grad, 2:1 non-local uni male, SB offered almost 3950

impressive..that was my salary when i work in pte for 5 years