Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-05-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118094)
Wow. Now i know why so many people are interested to join LTA. 17 is quite a fat package.

Thanks for contributing.

no problem. but like i said, this is what i was told. will only know next year.. haha

Unregistered 02-05-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118105)
From the SIM-UOL thread:

So Civil Service roughly paying under 3k for a FCH UOL degree.

well, i guess it varies across agencies. i dont believe the different between a UOL FCH and local U FCH in the same agency same role can be more than 1k.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118109)
well, i guess it varies across agencies. i dont believe the different between a UOL FCH and local U FCH in the same agency same role can be more than 1k.

not sure too, but sad if it is true..

Unregistered 02-05-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118110)

well if thats the case, go private sector instead..

Unregistered 03-05-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118110)

There's nothing to be sad of. The government have to protect graduates from local universities. If we encourage the culture that SIM UOL is great and on par with NUS/NTU, many students have the assumption that they can just "yolo" and flung their O levels/Diploma as eventually they can pay to enter SIM.

Unregistered 03-05-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118117)
There's nothing to be sad of. The government have to protect graduates from local universities. If we encourage the culture that SIM UOL is great and on par with NUS/NTU, many students have the assumption that they can just "yolo" and flung their O levels/Diploma as eventually they can pay to enter SIM.

Really nothing to be sad of. At entry level, SIM UOL can never be on par with local university graduates based on qualifications. This applies when you are applying private sector graduate programs or civil service.

However as you progress along your career path, the value of your qualification will slowly diminish in general. Your relevant experience and tenure will count alot more. Likewise salary may not be the top priority after working for several years. Working with good colleagues/bosses, in good culture, constant learning and being appreciated at work do play a part in whether you are happy in a job.

Unregistered 03-05-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

agree.. at fresh grad, there is no prior experience for HR to evaluate also. hence, they can only benchmark on your studies..

Unregistered 03-05-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Sorry but you sound like a typical cocky graduate from NUS. I bet with you that it's harder to attain FCH in SIM UOL than in NUS.

It's now up to the public service to recognise SIM on par with NUS or its just plain discrimination.

Unregistered 03-05-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118154)
I bet with you that it's harder to attain FCH in SIM UOL than in NUS.

Wow, for that the Civil Service ought to be ashamed of the discrimination.

And i laughed. Sorry.

Unregistered 03-05-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118154)
Sorry but you sound like a typical cocky graduate from NUS. I bet with you that it's harder to attain FCH in SIM UOL than in NUS.

It's now up to the public service to recognise SIM on par with NUS or its just plain discrimination.

HAHAHAHHAAHAH this is by far the funniest joke in the whole forum
keep believing in yourself!