Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-12-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127198)
Jokes aside, FCH maybe about 100 more only. Depends on your ministry or statboard. Some pay ministry/ agencies pay higher salary than others.

FCH in Civil service is really nothing much to shout out loud.. if you think you are damn good, there will still be tons of others who are better than you.. so stop living in your la la land, and start to work and prove your worth.. if you are good, you will be rewarded..

i have FCH colleagues who are stuck in the rank lvl, while some others who are not FCH and performing so much better promoted to somewhere..

Unregistered 16-12-2019 05:25 PM

31 this year.

Mindef 7 years, private 3 years and just started in CS in August. 4.3k MX 12.

Studied part time degree while in mindef.

Does this consider average for a farmer?

My current work place only have 50 personnel. My department 3 manager and 1 SAD. Quite a niche department in CS context.

I doubt my increment and bonus is going to be good.

Probably have to move out to other ministry or sb right?

Unregistered 16-12-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127216)
you can try applying for woodbridge..

What I mean is that I'm considering a switch to something in CS that takes in medical graduates. Can be anything non medical related. I think that anything would be a better job compared to what I'm doing now in the hospital :(

Unregistered 16-12-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127219)
31 this year.

My current work place only have 50 personnel. My department 3 manager and 1 SAD. Quite a niche department in CS context.

im from MHA and most non-uniformed civilian degree holders that i know of around your age (early-30s) are earning 5k to 6.5k. their degrees were obtained from universities ranked top 200 in the QS Uni World Rankings 2020, with the exception of SMU.

Unregistered 16-12-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127225)
im from MHA and most non-uniformed civilian degree holders that i know of around your age (early-30s) are earning 5k to 6.5k. their degrees were obtained from universities ranked top 200 in the QS Uni World Rankings 2020, with the exception of SMU.

I know man. I sldnt have took the pay cut to come here. Dunno why I accepted too. Previous earning was 4.8 but bonus not as good as CS. Good thing is current place damn chill. Probably why the lower pay.

Thus trying to upgrade and learn while I can and move out as fast as I can. Applied for MHA recently too but totally no sound no picture haha.

Abit Sian now but oh wells. I have to do something about it and not just feel sian!! Jia you.

Unregistered 16-12-2019 07:34 PM

Bro.. dont worry man.. important thing is work not stress... u earn 5k also if work stress like siao and work late everytime also for what right.. i actually envy u got chill place.. i wld be glad to take ur place.. haha

Unregistered 17-12-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127158)
Can I check what do you mean by corporate bonus?

A post in the civil service performance bonus thread stated that esg has no mid and year end bonus :/

Aiyah EDB also no 13th month and mid year bonus but corporate bonus more than makes up for it.

So you are technically correct but...

If they offer you just ask outright what kind of total compensation you can expect

Unregistered 17-12-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127246)
Aiyah EDB also no 13th month and mid year bonus but corporate bonus more than makes up for it.

So you are technically correct but...

If they offer you just ask outright what kind of total compensation you can expect

Edb no 13th mth?! What about yr end?

But edb package quite big right i heard. So like you said, covered in Corp Bonus and PB quantum

Unregistered 18-12-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127219)
31 this year.

when i was 31, i was already being paid 7k.. you should consider better places..

Unregistered 18-12-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127296)
when i was 31, i was already being paid 7k.. you should consider better places..

your academic grades and CEP are definitely better than the majority of the farmers in CS, thus giving u a higher salary than norm.