Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 11-04-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116823)
For fresh grads male FCH, how much can I ask for in roles like Policy (office)? Im quite confused looking when they ask for desired salary. Is 3.5k ok but i don’t hope to be low-balled. Hope to hear your thoughts,

3.5K is the rate for fch 10 years ago. Now should be around 4.2 to 4.5K

Unregistered 11-04-2019 09:08 PM

Then for mid career entry to cs/sb with 8-10 years experience should expect how much?

Unregistered 11-04-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116836)
Then for mid career entry to cs/sb with 8-10 years experience should expect how much?

Depends which org and your relevant exp. Should be around 7-11k base.
I (non scholar) entered with 7 years exp at 8.2k (20% base cut).. now 3 years later I hit my ceiling of 9k (still within the same salary band as when I joined). Unless I get promoted to the next level (ceiling 11k) which some of peers are, I am stuck.

Unregistered 11-04-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116844)
I (non scholar) entered with 7 years exp at 8.2k (20% base cut).. now 3 years later I hit my ceiling of 9k (still within the same salary band as when I joined). Unless I get promoted to the next level (ceiling 11k) which some of peers are, I am stuck.

How about the overall package? Is the package better in CS?

Unregistered 11-04-2019 10:48 PM

If not wrong, cs annual package is about 15/16 months?
Think read it somewhere, not sure if accurate.

Unregistered 12-04-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116835)
3.5K is the rate for fch 10 years ago. Now should be around 4.2 to 4.5K

U sound like my mom who only remember the payscale of her time, 10 years ago when she was given golden handshake coz she's too expensive to keep.

Believe it or not I asked a ministry HR how much FCH NTU Gross now... 3.5k maximum at the best paid dept. no leeway upwards.
I asked because my cousins believe FCH no less than 4.. And they are waiting it out gaming at home. I asked them where their numbers come from, they said recruiter at their career fair... These salesmen say anything to get youngsters to fill forms for their KPI..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116844)

3-5 years ago was when cryptocurrency was rising, many industries booming, no such thing as adapt n grow, career future... Now everybody no jobs, so many involuntary part time... You are lucky to jump at the right time. I'm not saying u r lying... Many ministries have beautiful cars inside not shocking if their base indeed is 8k. Now these fellas everyday bootlick their boss n pray until retirement.

There are many youngsters here who lack context, don't make them misunderstand and peg themselves too high until zero calls.

Unregistered 12-04-2019 04:56 AM

what is the PSLP bonus? asking because my colleague got nominated for it

Unregistered 12-04-2019 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;116858]U sound like my mom who only remember the payscale of her time, 10 years ago when she was given golden handshake coz she's too expensive to keep.

Believe it or not I asked a ministry HR how much FCH NTU Gross now... 3.5k maximum at the best paid dept. no leeway upwards.
I asked because my cousins believe FCH no less than 4.. And they are waiting it out gaming at home. I asked them where their numbers come from, they said recruiter at their career fair... These salesmen say anything to get youngsters to fill forms for their KPI..

3-5 years ago was when cryptocurrency was rising, many industries booming, no such thing as adapt n grow, career future... Now everybody no jobs, so many involuntary part time... You are lucky to jump at the right time. I'm not saying u r lying... Many ministries have beautiful cars inside not shocking if their base indeed is 8k. Now these fellas everyday bootlick their boss n pray until retirement.

There are many youngsters here who lack context, don't make them misunderstand and peg themselves too high until zero calls.1/QUOTE]

Self entitlement mentality which is hard to avoid these days. Some companies do pay 4k and above but how many can get in?

My company does not pay fresh grad 4k but is still highly sought after due to the good culture.

I know of fresh grads who have been working 12 to 14 hrs but taking 9k onwards.

Unregistered 12-04-2019 09:03 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;116867]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116858)
U sound like my mom who only remember the payscale of her time, 10 years ago when she was given golden handshake coz she's too expensive to keep.

There are many youngsters here who lack context, don't make them misunderstand and peg themselves too high until zero calls.1/QUOTE]

Self entitlement mentality which is hard to avoid these days. Some companies do pay 4k and above but how many can get in?

My company does not pay fresh grad 4k but is still highly sought after due to the good culture.

I know of fresh grads who have been working 12 to 14 hrs but taking 9k onwards.

dude, chill.. there are indeed higher.. i am a fresh grad in a Engineering SB, 2nd class upper without NS, join this year drawing 3.5k.. i believe fch with NS can hit 4k..

there are other SBs that had merged aws into their monthly salary, i believe they can go like 4.5k..

Unregistered 12-04-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116848)
If not wrong, cs annual package is about 15/16 months?
Think read it somewhere, not sure if accurate.

Yes it's largely around 16 +/- 1 months. I get around 6-7 months bonus for my type of work and I personally know people getting 8-10 months but mostly 3-5 months. Again depends on which organisation and department you're in :P