Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-09-2021 01:37 PM

Is local poly diploma plus overseas bachelor considered Pte degree?

Then is it possible to convert back to local uni by taking a masters at nus?

Unregistered 30-09-2021 03:56 PM

-

Hi all,

Does anyone know what rank i should be expecting (mx11/12) with about 5 years of private experience? Local grad (2nd lower), female.

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 30-09-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184774)
1. Most statboards easier to enter than ministries
2. You entered with private sector experience, which is valuable. Most private uni grads do not make it into the civil service i.e. ministries except for places like MSF

yup, agreed. i am the OP.
generally, its hard for private U to join policy role but technical role (typically at SB) is possible.
in fact, i have many private U colleagues.

to clarify, i am 36 this year.. typo in my earlier post.

Unregistered 30-09-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184775)
Is local poly diploma plus overseas bachelor considered Pte degree?

Then is it possible to convert back to local uni by taking a masters at nus?

I thought masters are not recognized since most job dun really require post graduate qualification?

Unregistered 30-09-2021 05:44 PM

Reject an Offer

Hi, i was verbally offered a position in MHA and accepted it. However, I changed my mind and sent a rejection email. The HR replied asking what were my key considerations that made me changed my mind and i gave them my thoughts. Since then, no reply from them. Are they supposed to acknowledge my withdrawal or ghosted on me? The status is career.gov is still "shortlisted".

Unregistered 30-09-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184800)
Hi, i was verbally offered a position in MHA and accepted it. However, I changed my mind and sent a rejection email. The HR replied asking what were my key considerations that made me changed my mind and i gave them my thoughts. Since then, no reply from them. Are they supposed to acknowledge my withdrawal or ghosted on me? The status is career.gov is still "shortlisted".

You haven’t signed anything what you worrying about?

Unregistered 01-10-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184800)

U reject, they move on to candidate choice no 2 and offer him/her.. no turning back for u, even if u change ur mind they wont accept u..

Unregistered 02-10-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184928)
U reject, they move on to candidate choice no 2 and offer him/her.. no turning back for u, even if u change ur mind they wont accept u..

In private sector maybe got chance. Civil service forget it...

Unregistered 02-10-2021 04:34 PM

Hi! Is contract g5 a good grade to move into astar at mid thirties?

The HR was telling me most people in astar are contract and they tend to renew. Not sure if true.

Its a corporate type of role.

TIA!

Unregistered 03-10-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184928)

Sometimes if an advertised position has multiple/new openings, they may still accept you if you change your mind.