Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

1drowssap 16-08-2018 08:43 AM

Does a SIM UOL graduate have a chance to join stat boards.

Hello,

I am a prospective student wanting to apply to SIM UOL international relations course. Could i find out what is the prospects of this course assuming i do decently well)2:1 and above)?

I am particularly interested in joining HPB or HSA.

Thank you.

Unregistered 17-08-2018 09:57 PM

Promotion increment but no merit increment

Hi i received a performance grade of B and in the same year, I was also promoted to the next level. However as my salary was close to the cap of the previous level, I was only given a promotion increment. (Which was paltry) I wasn't given a merit increment, which means my B grade is sorta wasted. Quite puzzling for me. Anyone can shed some light on this?

Unregistered 17-08-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109721)
Hi i received a performance grade of B and in the same year, I was also promoted to the next level. However as my salary was close to the cap of the previous level, I was only given a promotion increment. (Which was paltry) I wasn't given a merit increment, which means my B grade is sorta wasted. Quite puzzling for me. Anyone can shed some light on this?

Promotion or merit can only choose one.
Since you crossed level, your current ceiling should be higher. So if you get a B this year you get to enjoy it.

They make it this way so that
The system do not reward ppl who hentak kaki too long at a level and those who already reached the ceiling.

Ideally you should promote to next level when your salary range is middle to slightly more than middle of your current band. So when u promote u get to reap the most reward.

Unregistered 17-08-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109722)
Since you crossed level, your current ceiling should be higher. So if you get a B this year you get to enjoy it.

The system do not reward ppl who hentak kaki too long at a level and those who already reached the ceiling.

Ideally you should promote to next level when your salary range is middle to slightly more than middle of your current band. So when u promote u get to reap the most reward.

Thanks for the quick reply. You mentioned about choosing one - then shouldn't it be the higher increment? Was a nasty surprise when i calculated the difference. Worse than when i get a C grade. And yes i agree with you that the promotion could be earlier. I guess this gives a sense as to the prospects I have in the organisation.

Unregistered 20-08-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109722)

What do you mean "hentak kaki too long at a level and those who already reached the ceiling.".
Cos the officer is considered a low performing officer?

Unregistered 20-08-2018 03:43 PM

Stat board increment

Hi guys im starting a new job in stat board next month. Will i get an increment in april next year?

Unregistered 21-08-2018 12:17 AM

Enterprise Singapore

Hi guys need some help. What's the salary for enterprise Singapore at the assistance development partner and development partner level? Scanned through the forum but can't seem to find an answer. Should be expecting an offer soon so need to bargain for salary. Thanks!

Unregistered 24-08-2018 10:55 PM

MAS Bonus

Hihi, anyone working in MAS? Can I just check how is the bonus like in MAS? Is there like a group bonus and performance bonus? Or is it solely based on performance bonus? Thanks :)

Lucky Farmer 26-08-2018 05:53 PM

Premium Scheme Progression

Hi Guys, since no one (unless I have missed their post) from any premium scheme (Non-AO) who has shared their progression, please allow me to do so. I hope more folks from other premium schemes will share theirs too.

Some of the premium schemes which I am aware of. Please feel free to add.
Economist Service - MTI
Foreign Service - MFA
Intelligence Service - MHA
Legal Service - MinLaw

2nd Upper Hons Farmer's progression:

2007 - 2.8k (MNC semicon manufacturing plant)
2008 - 3k (Stat Board)
2009 - 3.2k (MI)
2010 - 4k (Ministry X, graduate entry grade G)
2010 - 4.4k (Confirmation + Market Adjustment)
2011 - 4.8k (Promotion (G+1) & Market Adjustment)
2012 - 5.3k (Salary review +10%)
2012 - 5.7k (MI)
2013 - 6.6k (Promotion (G+2))
2014 - 7.1k (MI)
2014 - 7.8k (Salary review +10%)
2015 - 8.6k (MI)
2016 - 9k (hit ceiling)
2017 - 9k
2018 - 9.5k (Promotion (G+3))

Unregistered 26-08-2018 06:17 PM

Premium Scheme Progression

Hi Guys, since no one (unless I have missed their post) from any premium scheme (Non-AO) who has shared their progression, please allow me to do so. I hope more folks from other premium schemes will share theirs too.

Some of the premium schemes which I am aware of. Please feel free to add.
Economist Service - MTI
Foreign Service - MFA
Intelligence Service - MHA
Legal Service - MinLaw

2nd Upper Hons Farmer's progression:

2007 - 2.8k (MNC semicon manufacturing plant)
2008 - 3k (Stat Board)
2009 - 3.2k (MI)
2010 - 4k (Ministry X, graduate entry grade G)
2010 - 4.4k (Confirmation + Market Adjustment)
2011 - 4.8k (Promotion (G+1) & Market Adjustment)
2012 - 5.3k (Salary review +10%)
2012 - 5.7k (MI)
2013 - 6.6k (Promotion (G+2))
2014 - 7.1k (MI)
2014 - 7.8k (Salary review +10%)
2015 - 8.6k (MI)
2016 - 9k (hit ceiling)
2017 - 9k
2018 - 9.5k (Promotion (G+3))

Regards,
Lucky Farmer