Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86800)
jia lat next year no internet access. gotta use data plan...

my workplace don't even have wifi now. Good lor, no need to reply email.

Unregistered 09-06-2016 10:59 PM

Hi all, i am interested in joining ica with a second lower degree. I realised that second lower honours will only be offered the inspector grade. Any idea how long it takes to get promoted from inspector to ASP? Just wondering how far off am i from those with second upper and above.

Unregistered 10-06-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86909)
Hi all, i am interested in joining ica with a second lower degree. I realised that second lower honours will only be offered the inspector grade. Any idea how long it takes to get promoted from inspector to ASP? Just wondering how far off am i from those with second upper and above.

It will take about 2 years

Unregistered 10-06-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86923)
It will take about 2 years

So fast? 2 years can jump 2 grade? (From insp 1 to insp 2 to asp1)

Unregistered 10-06-2016 10:27 PM

Wondering if anyone can help me here. Will be joining a stat board under MOF as a mid career hire. What would be the typical tme frame to be promoted to the next grade? eg 11A to 10? Is it 2 years or 3 years?

Unregistered 11-06-2016 05:11 PM

Female fresh grad 2nd lower

May I know what is the starting pay for stat boards (e.g LTA ,HDB). CS in general for female fresh grad 2nd lower from local uni?

Unregistered 11-06-2016 05:14 PM

MX11A to MX10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86948)
Wondering if anyone can help me here. Will be joining a stat board under MOF as a mid career hire. What would be the typical tme frame to be promoted to the next grade? eg 11A to 10? Is it 2 years or 3 years?

Depends on many factors eg How old are you now? What is your current salary, which quickly tells you how far away you are from the next salary band. What is your educational qualifications Masters or Bachelors. Do you have any supervisory experience? There are people who describe themselves as mid career but they have zero supervisory experience with MX11A to MX13 officers working under them. The reason why we are talking about supervisory experience is because MX10 is a DD grade. If you are totally inexperienced, the chances of you moving up to MX10 will take even longer. Lastly, how good a performer are you? F you are just average, you can wait and wait for your next promotion. You must understand that MX9 is a superscale position and MX10 is one grade below that. Many people don't ever reach MX9. MX10 is not for everyone either.

Unregistered 11-06-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86980)
Depends on many factors eg How old are you now? What is your current salary, which quickly tells you how far away you are from the next salary band. What is your educational qualifications Masters or Bachelors. Do you have any supervisory experience? There are people who describe themselves as mid career but they have zero supervisory experience with MX11A to MX13 officers working under them. The reason why we are talking about supervisory experience is because MX10 is a DD grade. If you are totally inexperienced, the chances of you moving up to MX10 will take even longer. Lastly, how good a performer are you? F you are just average, you can wait and wait for your next promotion. You must understand that MX9 is a superscale position and MX10 is one grade below that. Many people don't ever reach MX9. MX10 is not for everyone either.

Thanks. Very useful info. My salary should be on the higher end of 11A range from what I have gathered here. I expect to hit the ceiling in about 2 years max. Interesting to note on the supervisory experience bit. So to move to mx10 die die must try to gain/fight for some leadership exposure?

Unregistered 12-06-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86989)
Thanks. Very useful info. My salary should be on the higher end of 11A range from what I have gathered here. I expect to hit the ceiling in about 2 years max. Interesting to note on the supervisory experience bit. So to move to mx10 die die must try to gain/fight for some leadership exposure?

Abuhden? How to justify your promotion to a supervisory grade when you don't have any experience leading others?

Unregistered 12-06-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86995)
Abuhden? How to justify your promotion to a supervisory grade when you don't have any experience leading others?

It depends if the bosses like you enough too. If they dont then you will never get any exposure and hence they cannot justify your promotion. you will be stuck at mx11a