Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

cadds 27-05-2016 08:43 PM

Can someone enlighten me whats the salary for FCH fresh grad engineer currently in LTA since recent news say starting pay for engineer is starting from 3800? Whats the cap for promotion or diff promotion opportunities between fresh grad, study award, scholarship?

Thanks

Better salaries for fresh engineering graduates in public service - Channel NewsAsia

Unregistered 27-05-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86317)
You already said it, in a dept of 100 pple, there are is only one supt (which is not a superscale position) and just 2 HTS9. So you think the chance of hitting superscale is high?

i nvr said the chance of hitting superscale is high.
im trying to say dpm teo's figure / statistic is kinda off...

dpm teo's figure = 1 out of 83 (1.2%)
my dept = 3 out of 100 (3%)

if SUPT isnt superscale, then why are the two HTS9 in my dept reporting to him?
fyi, the SUPT is my CO...

Unregistered 28-05-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86320)
i nvr said the chance of hitting superscale is high.
im trying to say dpm teo's figure / statistic is kinda off...

dpm teo's figure = 1 out of 83 (1.2%)
my dept = 3 out of 100 (3%)

if SUPT isnt superscale, then why are the two HTS9 in my dept reporting to him?
fyi, the SUPT is my CO...

From your last statement, I can confirm you are just a PO. You don't even know that Supt is not a superscale rank! Either that or you are a civilian who is not familiar with the uniformed services ranks! Don't embarrass yourself by claiming that Supts are superscale ranks. Just go find the rank comparison chart in the SAR! If you are an SPO and don't know this fact, I can only shake my head! Your CEP is probably not that high!

Anyway, since you already said that the Supt is the CO then his designation/appointment is higher therefore it is totally possible for the two HTS who are civilians to be under his charge. Sometimes it's not about the rank, it is also about the designation/appointment. If someone has a higher designation or appointment, then he would be vested with all the power and authority of the higher designation or appointment. This is quite basic knowledge!

Try claiming that Supt is a superscale rank and most people in MHA will fall off their chair laughing at you! I'm just trying to save you from embarrassment.

Unregistered 28-05-2016 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadds (Post 86319)
Can someone enlighten me whats the salary for FCH fresh grad engineer currently in LTA since recent news say starting pay for engineer is starting from 3800? Whats the cap for promotion or diff promotion opportunities between fresh grad, study award, scholarship?

Thanks

[url=://.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/better-salaries-for-fresh/2692082.html]Better salaries for fresh engineering graduates in public service - Channel NewsAsia[/

First class should be quite a lot. You can probably draw a parallel to SAF MDES graduate engineer scheme which starts at 3.9-4.4. So a starting salary for FCH would probably be at 4.3-4.4. Between the three I think there won't be any differences unless the one on scholarship is an AO. Then obviously his promotion and opportunities will be faster. Fresh grad and study award definitely no diff.

Unregistered 28-05-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86323)
From your last statement, I can confirm you are just a PO. You don't even know that Supt is not a superscale rank! Either that or you are a civilian who is not familiar with the uniformed services ranks! Don't embarrass yourself by claiming that Supts are superscale ranks. Just go find the rank comparison chart in the SAR! If you are an SPO and don't know this fact, I can only shake my head! Your CEP is probably not that high!

Anyway, since you already said that the Supt is the CO then his designation/appointment is higher therefore it is totally possible for the two HTS who are civilians to be under his charge. Sometimes it's not about the rank, it is also about the designation/appointment. If someone has a higher designation or appointment, then he would be vested with all the power and authority of the higher designation or appointment. This is quite basic knowledge!

Try claiming that Supt is a superscale rank and most people in MHA will fall off their chair laughing at you! I'm just trying to save you from embarrassment.

Not too familiar with how SPF works, but looking around and seeing there are so many Supt, I highly doubt this is a superscale rank. This seems to be more equivalent to DD rank in non-uniformed civil service.

Unregistered 29-05-2016 09:08 PM

Anybody knows how much is the salary after graduating from HGSA? does this scholarship sets you for life?

cadds 29-05-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86327)
First class should be quite a lot. You can probably draw a parallel to SAF MDES graduate engineer scheme which starts at 3.9-4.4. So a starting salary for FCH would probably be at 4.3-4.4. Between the three I think there won't be any differences unless the one on scholarship is an AO. Then obviously his promotion and opportunities will be faster. Fresh grad and study award definitely no diff.

Thanks but whats an AO? and 4.3-4.4 does include NS advantage?

Unregistered 30-05-2016 11:36 AM

Agree with you about appointment and designation. Itz just like the RSM is king of the unit, next to the CO. Or during range when the officers clear arms they have to follow the orders of the butt party IC (can't remember what the term is, ROD so long liao!) even if he is a LJ peng (or at least the officers in my unit did).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86323)

Unregistered 03-06-2016 11:16 PM

Is it true that new officer will get a C grade for their performance no matter how good you perform?

Unregistered 06-06-2016 03:23 PM

male, 26 yo, nus 1st class.

starting pay is 3.9k. Just completed pgde at nie.

anyone knows the increment after completion of pgde?
and what is my likely pay for first 3 years?